OVERTIME

Basic info; Y/N (your name)
                   L/N (last name)
                        F/N (friend name)

A/N: This chapter was inspired by a
a game called "The Closing Shift".

Y/N's POV

My hands are busy at work, moving swiftly as I make one coffee after another. I'm humming along to the music playing in the coffee shop, my mind lost in the rhythm. I'm in my little world, and nothing can bother me here.

Suddenly, I hear a voice. It's a customer, asking for a coffee. I startle a bit, and I take a second to gather myself. I then start making the coffee, trying to focus on what I'm doing.

I can feel the customer's eyes on me, and I can tell that they're waiting for me to say something. But I don't want to talk to them. I'm not in the mood.

I finish making the coffee and hand it to the customer. They take it and walk away, and I go back to my world.

Making coffee is a skill that takes time and practice to perfect. There are a few things that you can do to make your coffee taste better and make your barista job a little easier.

The first thing to remember is to use fresh, quality beans. If you are using pre-ground coffee, make sure to check the expiration date to make sure the coffee is still fresh.

The next thing to remember is to grind the coffee beans fresh. The best way to do this is to use a burr grinder. If you don't have a burr grinder, you can use a blade grinder, but make sure to grind the coffee beans for the correct amount of time to ensure that they are ground evenly.

The next step is to make sure to use the correct water temperature. The best temperature for coffee is 195-205 degrees Fahrenheit.

The final step is to make sure to use the correct ratio of coffee to water. The most common ratio is 1:17, which means for every 17 ounces of water, you would use 1 ounce of coffee.

I grabbed my book and took a seat in the chair placed near the counter. It's a book that was gifted by my grandpa, I never felt bored reading this multiple times. As I was flipping the pages, trying to find the mark I left in the book.

The door opened and a customer walked in. I stood up and put my book aside, "Welcome! What would you like to have?" I asked,

I couldn't see the person clearly since they were wearing a hoodie with the hood on along with a baseball cap that covered their eyes.

"I'll have a latte..." they say finally.

I nodded and starts to make the coffee.
"Do you want it with milk or cream?"

"Milk." the customer responds.

I pour the milk into the coffee and then handed it to them. They walked towards a nearby seat beside the window. The sound of rain hitting the window drowned the music played in the background.

I lean on the counter and checked my wristwatch, It's 10 P.M. I thought. My shift is supposed to end at 10 but somehow F/N had an emergency and I had to cover his shift until midnight.

I take a look at the only customer in the cafe, only to realize that they took off their hood and cap. Now I can see their face clearly, it's a gorgeous woman between the age of 17-22.

I once again drowned in my job, cleaning the glasses and cups. I turn back to look at the customer again, but this time she's gone already. I walked up to the table and starts cleaning it. I noticed a 10$ slipped under the cup.