5 - Party in Hell

That was in fact the best nap of your life, even with the wedges on and all. You roll off the bed and waltz to the bathroom, washing your face in the sink to help wake yourself up. It was now dark outside and the clock on the wall read 9pm, an hour until you had agreed to meet the others. You remember that Kuina said she would leave what you needed outside the door, so you open it to find a rather large bag, what did she even put in there? You lift the obnoxiously heavy carrier over to the bed and unzip it, spilling the contents onto the covers. You scan over the items, finding everything ranging from hair tools, to makeup, sanitary items and even a few more pairs of shorts and cover ups. Was this the borderlands or a fashion show? Clearly Kuina had got the two confused. You used to like doing yourself up, it was fun and make you feel good. You were confident with no makeup, but also loved the creativity of pulling a look together. Oh what the hell, what else were you meant to do for the next hour to pass the time. Grabbing the straightener, you spend the next 15 minutes fixing your hair into long, loose curls, you hoped your hair stayed like this when you returned back to your real home. Moving onto the makeup, you highlight your best features and make your face glow, even adding a small wing to accentuate your unique coloured eyes.

Looking up towards the clock you see that you got carried away, it was already a quarter past 10. You had kind of enjoyed yourself in that last hour, it had made you feel somewhat normal again. Looking at the selection of cover ups Kuina had provided you, you decide on a white lacey sarong to match your bikini, It was a pool party after all. You head back to the mirror and take yourself in, damn, you were hot. Were you checking yourself out? Guilty as charged. You smile to yourself and head downstairs, the pounding of the music vibrating the floor as you neared.

You had been to parties before, but nothing like this. Hundreds of people were around the pool area, doing everything from dancing and swimming to outright fucking on the lounging chairs. Diverting your eyes, you begin to make your way over to the umbrellas to seek out your new friends. You had almost reached them when a gorgeous man with short black hair approached you, shirtless and absolutely shredded. He wore nothing but board shorts and slammed a drink right into the palm of your hand. Leaning in he whispered, "This one is for you beautiful, find me later tonight for some fun." Then he wandered off into the crowd. You had a feeling that you'd have to get used to that. Unfortunately you found no interest in hot idiots, especially those who couldn't look away for your tits. The drink in your hand was a gradient of orange to purple, and it looked delightful. You chug the entire thing in one go, knowing you will need it to face tonight. Continuing your quest to find the birthday girl, you see her laughing with a group alongside Tatta under a large white and gold umbrella. Spotting you instantly, she jumped up and screamed, "Oh my god you came! I thought you had bailed on me for a second, thought I'd have to come up there and drag you down." She was gleaming with happiness and probably a few shots of whatever she was drinking when she ran up and hugged you, "And you look absolutely stunning! You will have to help me get ready the next time we do this you look like a movie star!"

You laugh at her excitement, "Happy birthday Kuina! That can definitely arranged, actually it can be your birthday present, I'll be your personal stylist for a night." She let out a loud whoop and grabbed two shot glasses off the table filled with what smelled like whiskey. "Cheers!" We said together, throwing back the burning liquor. She toasted, "Thankgod I found you wandering the streets of Shibuya, you're awesome!"

You reach the rest of the group and high-five Tatta, who proceeds to force you to do another two shots with him. He was super nice that guy. After being introduced to a few others alongside completing another however many more shots, you find yourself dancing to the music and actually enjoying yourself. The music was a distraction, and being here right now was a hundred times better than shivering in my trailer alone. Kuina laughs as you do a dramatic hip swing, sending you flying into a group of people. You apologise and jump up, but a hand grabs your wrist as you start to walk back towards your friends. You turn to see the guy from the office sending looks of daggers towards you, his grip held firm, almost to the point of hurting. You stay silent, not knowing how to react. He begins to look you up and down, the glare switching from annoyance to the same hungry gaze he gave you earlier that day. He pulls you closer grabbing your hips, "I was hoping I'd find you later, you look absolutely delicious." He licks his lips and then the side of your neck, your eyes flare and you attempt to jerk your body away from his grasp, but he keeps his grip firm. "Where do you think you're going? Those hips belong to me." His words hit like a vial of poison, you needed to get out of here. You notice he isn't wearing any shoes and step down with your wedged on his toes with your full force causing him to shout in agony. You take advantageous of that distraction to rip yourself away and slip through the crowd, making your way to a less crowded balcony area. You look behind and see him barreling after you, scanning groups of people and pushing away whoever got in his path. Still running, your eyes were trained on that monster of a man when you crash into a body who envelops you in their arms.

"Shit I'm so sorry..." you start to mutter until you realise who you had run into, once again it had to be the guy with white hair. There was no time to reminisce on your hatred for him though and you start to break lose, but he holds onto you tightly.

Glancing up to where you had been looking behind you he spots the man roaring with anger and flipping a table, "So what trouble have you gotten to yourself into now?" You stay silent. He whips you around so your angled out of plain sight. "Well well, Niragi looks like he wants to kill someone, his toe is definitely broken and you look like you've seen a ghost. I'm going to take a wild guess here and say you rejected the poor mans advances?"

You push off him and fold your arms across your chest, "Some men, including this Nigari guy, needs to learn to keep his hands to himself, or he'll end up losing them." Then a look of worry slips past as you remember Niragi must be a high ranking member of The Beach if he was sitting in that office. You glance around and realise that you were trapped between the balcony, the pool and Niragi. Well shit.

The pretty guy in front of you actually looked concerned for a moment, but that was quickly replaced with a cheeky smirk as his eyes drawled over your new white outfit, then proceeded to scan my face. "I see you wanted to match with me, and I admit, you actually look good tonight, white is your colour. Now are you ready to go for a swim and ruin it?"

You scoff, "A swim? Is that a joke? Why would I want-" The next moment you were being pulled into the water, arms wrapped around you once again. You go to kick up for air, but are kept down by those arms. Eyes snapping open, you watch as the white haired man gestures for you to stay under, our bodies tangled together as bubbles and bodies surround us. That Niragi guy probably heard the splash, staying under was definitely safer. You nod your head and free yourself from his grasp, however he then takes your hand, pulling you towards the other side of the pool. Why was he helping you again? He clearly hated you, and same goes you for him. We swim around the legs of people, under floating circles and narrowly dodge a man diving in next to us. Finally when your lungs feel as though they were about to burst, we make it to the other side and you swim up for air. You lean your arm against the edge of the pool and a soaking mop of white hair pops up in front of you. There was a moment we both just stared at each other, breathing heavily, before you twist and pull yourself out of the water. He does the same, and you burst out into laughter, "Now that was a get away! We should be in a movie or something."

He whips his hair out of his face and the same blank stare he usually wore returns. "Don't expect me to do something like that for you again, you're on your own from now on." He scanned my face once more before walking away and calling back, "Nice makeup by the way, looks like it's not waterproof though." You reach up to touch your face and black makeup comes off in your hand, mortified, you attempt to scrub some of it off with your hands. Did he seriously just make fun of you? Oh he's not getting away with that.

You call out after him, "Thanks I copied your eyeliner, turns out mainly chicks use it." He doesn't turn back or argue, just continues forward until he disappears for, sight. What a dick. He did suit the eyeliner though.

Sighing and sober, you walk back towards where Kuina and the others were, explaining to them what had just happened. Kuina snickered, "We will deal with Niragi tomorrow, but I guess that guy from the arena isn't too bad after all hey?" You scowl at the comment, you didn't really know what to think of him. After wishing her a happy birthday one last time, you hug Tatta and head back to your room. Rinsing off the putrid smell of chlorine from the pool and left over makeup, you embrace the warmth of the shower once again. You hang your bikini out to dry and dive into bed, trying not the think about that brief moment in the pool where the two of you had locked eyes. It doesn't take long for sleep to hit you, the night closing in and sending you into a deep slumber.