10 - Room 709

The hours ticked by as you waited for someone to return to the room you were currently stuck in. You had a nap already, yet you still felt sore and light headed. Groaning you sat up in bed, the details of the bedroom becoming more clear. There was no decor and it was clean besides the now stained floor from your blood. Was this Kuina's room maybe? Or any of the others? You notice the closet what slightly ajar, and you peer around the corner to see what was inside. Hanging was three white jackets and an array of other white clothing, Chishiya's signature look. Oh god, that meant not only were you in his room, but you had just slept in his bed. Stupid room 709. You shift uncomfortably, it was probably time for you to leave. Unwrapping yourself from the plush covers, you go to stand up when the door swishes open, stopping you in your tracks. Chishiya and Kuina chat quietly as they enter holding a tray of food, but then notice you awake on the edge of the bed. Kuina rushes over and hugs you tightly, eyes brimming with tears. "Jesus Christ thank god you're ok! We were all so worried." She steps back and intertwines her hands in yours. "We couldn't find you all day, then a few of us even started looking outside the resort, Chishiya was about to call a meeting with the executives. I'm glad you guys have finally met!" You raise an eyebrow towards Chishiya who was standing in the corner with his hands in his pockets, he simply shrugged and looked away.

Facing Kuina you explain, "Your friend over there is the same guy from the arena, and we have met a few times since much to my dismay." She blinks, then bursts into laughter, "Chishiya is annoying arena guy? No way!" Facing the brooding blonde she grins, "You know what, I'm not even surprised. The story totally sounded like him. Although I swear once you get to know him he's not that bad." She winks at him, and he rolls his eyes in response. Were they together or something? A tray of food was then shoved into your lap, piping hot dumplings and soup were piled high.

"God you are the best Kuina, I am starving." Grinning you dig into the food, barely breathing in between bites. Kuina giggles and Chishiya walks out onto his balcony, closing the door behind him and leaning over edge like he had done on the roof that one night.

"I'm glad your enjoying your food, but we do need to talk about what happened today." You look up mid-bite, nodding your head. She continues in a more serious manner, "I am going to kill him. Niragi that prick almost got you today, you need to be more careful from now on. Always stick with someone, Chishiya and the others have agreed to help with that. You almost spit out your food, Chishiya agreed to this?Your eyes wander back to where we was standing, Kuina following my gaze. "Chishiya had been by my side for these last few months, he's honestly the only reason I've survived this long." She admits, "He's too smart for his own good though."

You smile, then carefully ask, "So are you guys like, dating or something?" A disgusted look crosses her face.

"Ew, he's more like a brother to me. He seems pretty fond of you though." She says tauntingly, wiggling her eyebrows.

Your face scrunches into a knot, "As if! He hates my guts, the only reason he's helping me is because of you. Plus he's insufferable, cocky and confusing. I don't want him like that." She narrows her eyes on you, as if sensing that it wasn't entirely true.

"Chishiya wouldn't be here if he didn't care, trust me." She states simply. Then she grabs the now empty tray from my lap and starts for the door. "I'm going to bed, your arena boy will let you know what's happening and I'll see you tomorrow morning." Your jaw drops open and before you could protest, she was gone. You glance back towards the balcony where Chishiya was still waiting, that was nice of him to give you some alone time with Kuina, he clearly cared for her, whether it be in a brotherly way or not. He twisted his head and catches you staring, making you quickly look the other way. The door to the balcony slides open and Chishiya slowly walks towards where you were sitting on his bed, standing before you with an amused look on his face.

You cough, "I think it's probably time for me to go back to my room, thanks for the help again." As you begin to stand, the room starts spinning and you fall into his arms. Helping you back into his bed, Chishiya checks your pulse.

He locks eyes with you, "You're staying with me tonight. You hit your head pretty hard today, meaning you can't be left unsupervised. "

"Why can't Kuina look after me?" You question.

"Because Kuina needs to sleep well for her game tomorrow, and I have a feeling she also wouldn't know what to do if your brain started bleeding." He says bluntly. Your eyes widen, brain bleeding? You huff, he has a point you guess. It was already 1am, and if Kuina needed to play a game tomorrow she needed to be alert to survive. Without a word, Chishiya strolls to the bathroom and turns on the shower, you hear his clothes drop to the floor. Even with a concussion, you could still remember his incredible figure, the lines of his stomach imprinted into your brain. Biting your lip you hadn't even realised the water had stopped, and that now standing before you was the gorgeous white haired man dripping with water, towel hanging low around his waist as he looked though a drawer for presumably something to sleep in. In an effort not to drool, you snap your mouth shut and look away, but you couldn't stop your eyes from creeping back over after only a few moments. He was now closer, smirking as you totally perved on him and sporting a pair of tight boxers. Walking across the room his muscles rippled, your eyes tracking his movements to see what he was planning to do next. On the other side of the room he stretched upwards, he reminded you of a cat. Then he proceeded to hop into bed beside you, what the hell?

Confused you ask, "Uhh what do you think you're doing?" After shifting into a more comfortable position he turns to face you,

"Sleeping in my bed is that a problem? What, did you expect me to sleep on the floor?" He mutters, flicking the switch near his bedside table so the lights flutter off. Huffing, you roll to face away from him, trying to force your eyes closed. You could feel his breath on your back, it made your toes curl. Your mind was also racing with thoughts of todays events, there were too many things going on at once. Flipping back over you decide to engage him in conversation since you couldn't sleep, you knew almost nothing about him.

"You still awake?" You whisper. He grunts in response. "Tell me about your life before the borderlands, what type of doctor were you?"

He takes a big breath out, clearly frustrated from your attempts to get to know him. "You don't need to know that information. Go to sleep."

Pouting, you decide to tell him a bit about yourself instead. "Well I was a Veterinary doctor, so I guess we aren't that different after all." You got no reply so continue your efforts, "I adore animals, and today I saw this beautiful Stag before Niragi showed up and shot it with a bow, I got it out of the poor beast luckily. I'm not sure why but I felt like it meant something. Probably just me going insane being here though."

"Mmm it's possible," He finally replied with a raspy voice, "I wouldn't ignore that feeling. You did well defending yourself today too, I heard Niragi came back with a broken nose." You smile at knowing you had caused some damage. "You do need some sleep though, goodnight Dr."

Guess he has a sense of humour after all. "Same as you Dr Chishiya." His breaths deepens as he fell asleep, and you finally felt your eyes drift shut. For the first time in a long time, you felt safe.