7 - White Devil Horns

The ride back to The Beach was silent, each of you battling your own internal demons. You sit in the front seat staring out the window, feeling as though you had lost something. Tatta was driving, his neck now patched up but was still visably shaken. He said driving would help him calm down. Arisu and Usagi sat in the back, leaning away from each other. They had also been paired together. Arisu was made to choose between Usagi or his two best friends who had tragically died in earlier games to save him. Luckily, Hearts was his strong suit. He had quickly figured out the games intentions and rescued Usagi, but not without first recieving his fair share of trauma. He had already lost them once, you were sure the second time wasn't any easier. The two hadn't even looked at each other since getting in the car.

We arrived back home, insane that you would refer to this place as home now, and we went our separate ways after exchanging soft goodbyes. You begin the walk back to your room, but your world is spinning. All you can hear is the screams of your baby sister circling your mind like a vulture. You needed to get some air. Up the stairs you go, past your room level and onto the roof of the resort. Your breathing quickened and your heart ached, every thump feeling like it was about to lurch from your chest. Running to the railing, you lean over it panting. Your world was exploding.

Pain, loneliness, love, hatred and horror screamed at you all at once.

You were standing before a tsunami of emotion, about to drown. That's when he appeared.

A figure leaned against the railing next to you, leaning over and taking in the view of the deserted city of Tokyo. You turn to see who it is, and sure enough it was the guy with pearly white hair. You didn't even have the energy to say anything, you felt like a shell of a person. A whimper escaped your lips and he turned to face you, his eyes glowing in the sunset. You slow your breathing and shake your head at him, "What do you want now? Come to tourment me some more? I doubt you could say anything that could make me feel worse, so keep your comments to yourself." He faced back towards the sunset and after a moment of silence, spoke softly.

"You're lucky you have someone to miss."

How could he say such a thing? Lucky? Anger bubbled inside of you, seething you lash out, "No. No I am not 'lucky'. Loving is pain, missing makes you empty and hoping is for fools." You whip your head closer to him wanting your words to burn, "There is a reason you don't have anyone to miss, it's because you are cruel. You are not worthy." The moment those words left your lips you regretted them. Never in your life had you said something so awful. Those pretty eyes met you one last time, a glimmer of hurt dancing in his gaze before hardening once more. You open your mouth to apologise, but nothing comes out.

He stands up straight with an empty expression, "You are expected at the club tonight, the hatter wishes to speak to you." Before you could protest, he strides off with his hands in his pockets. Why would he tell you that? Who was he to deliver that message? You remember he was located on a high floor, maybe he was a high up rank. You realise you never even got his name. You let out a huff, once again pretty boy had saved you, and this time he hadn't even realised it. The pain was still there, but it had settled once more to a dull ache. You would get back to your sister, and you would make sure nothing would ever take you away from her again. Closing your eyes, you picture her adorable little face that was very alike to your own, you smile at the thought. With that, you push off the railing and walk back down to your room.

Kuina was sitting on your bed waiting for you to return, and as soon as you entered, she rushed over and enveloped you into a tight hug. "I heard what happened today, and I promise we will make it back to your sister."

You smile up at her, "Thanks Kuina, we will make it back together, to your family too." She gave me a sad, but hopeful smile. "I got summoned to see the hatter tonight," I continue,  "I wonder what he wants. Maybe it's about Niragi." You grimace even speaking his name.

Kuina shook her head, "No it can't be, he only intervines with that stuff when heaps of people start dying, which has happened a few times before. But you do need to watch out for him tonight, I'm sure he will know your coming. Chishiya will be there too though, I'll ask him to keep and eye on you for me." She smiles and punches your shoulder, "You will be fine though, your wicked tough and weirdly clever for a brute too." Grinning, you kiss your biceps and attempt a karate kick with a hiyuh! Kuina, the master of martial arts, was in fact not impressed. She snickers as she opens the door, "Please never do that again. Oh, and by the way, you will need to dress up tonight, the club becomes pretty formal when the excecutives have their meetings down there, you don't want to disrespect them. I'll leave a dress hanging on your door for you." With that, she whisks away, the room feeling empty without her larger than life presence.

You proceed to clean yourself off, rinsing the tears and sweat from the traumatic day, then drying your hair with your new tools, curtesy of the bag of goodies provided by Kuina. Tonight you wanted to look fierce, you weren't going to bend over for that prick Niragi, nor the Hatter. You pull your hair back into a tight high ponytail, sleeking it so it pulls your face into a more angular look. Applying your makeup, you contour yourself with harsher and darker lines, pulling it together with a dark brown eye shadow and a sexy lip. Hoping the outfit would match, you check behind your door and find a tight black dress hanging from the handle. It was as if Kuina knew your plan of action for tonight. The excecutives weren't the only ones who could excude power. You squeeze into the tight fabric, pulling you in at all the right places, although a little on the short side. What was up with Kuina and the tiny pieces of clothing? The no bending over pact you made to yourself would be even more necessary for tonight now. Looking over your array of shoes, you pick out a matching heel that goes with your lip colour, pulling the outfit together. You march to the mirror and can barely recognise the person in front of you.

Hopefully looks could kill, because a certain dick head was going to die tonight if he tried anything.