11 - Light it Up

Groaning your mind flickers into consciousness. You go to stretch, but your arms and legs were tangled against something. Confused, you open your eyes to find yourself wrapped in Chishiya's arms, your body slipped in between his own. He was still asleep, face inches away from your own looking like a fallen Angel. You take in his ethereal features, he was truely too pretty for this world. Unsure of what to do next, you shift slightly, causing him to frown and pull you in closer, his lips resting against your cheek. You felt your face flare, had you been sleeping all night like this? Who grabbed who first? You try to relax and go back to sleep, but became hyper aware of his arm positioned on your stomach, your thighs pressed against his. Oh god, you needed to get out of here now before you began salivating. You gently attempt to turn around to face the door, slowing your movements in order not to wake him. Almost free of his grasp, you are then dragged back into him, your back and butt now pressed up against his body. You accidentally let a moan slip, his slowed breathing had also quickened. 

"Where do you think you're going?" He mumbled, pressing his face into the crook of your neck. You couldn't even speak as you felt him breathe into the sensitive parts, his morning hardness now pressed into you. Was it hot in here? Why were you sweating?

"Chishiya," You groan, his hand running along the length of your body then grabbing your hips, causing you to arch deeper into him. He moaned, grumbling a quiet curse word and then suddenly, it was over. He rolled the other way and you felt the cool air touching your back, his warmth gone. You flip over and watch him jump out of bed, he was still clearly excited by the looks of his boxers, why did he leave?

"I have things to do today." Chishiya spoke up, still only half awake. "Your concussion is fine, just let someone know if your head ache gets worse and keep up the meds."

You didn't know what to say, how could he just ignore what happened? Narrowing your eyes you whip off the covers, swing out of bed and stomp towards the door, throwing it open and heading straight to your own room. What a dickhead. The back of your head was still aching, but you slipped in front of the mirror to analyse yourself before going back to bed. Your eyes widened just as Chishiya and your friends had done yesterday when you saw the marks around your neck, your wrists now wrapped but still swollen. Grimacing at the brutality of the wounds, you lock your door as a precaution before hopping back into your own bed. No wonder he didn't keep going, you looked awful. It was probably for the best anyway.

The next two days you spent sleeping, eating the meals sent up by Kuina and taking medication. Not once did Chishiya even bother to visit. Your visa would be expiring soon, it was time to face the borderlands once again. Getting changed, you fix yourself up before heading down to the cafeteria hoping to find the others. You spot them all minus Chishiya gathered around a table eating breakfast. Tatta rushes over to you and pulls you in for a warm hug, "Looks like you're feeling better! Such a relief."

Smiling you pat his back, "Yeah I feel fine now, thanks to all of your help. But it seems it's time for me to get back into it before I get a lazer shot through my head." You glance over to Arisu where you are greeting with a warm smile and wave, Usagi still cautious of you, simply nods her head before going back to eating.

Kuina greets you and then sets you down beside her and explains what was happening today, "So we are all going to play together for this next game. Ann is taking us to the venue where she will be testing Arisu." She glances between us both, "They also think he has potential. So finish up your breakfast everyone, we have a card to win." Nervously everyone scoffed their meals down, barely speaking to each other. Going into a game where you could potentially lose your life, or people you cared about, was always a scary feat. We had never played all together before, you didn't know what you would do if you lost any of them.

You all meet Ann at the car park where she drives you to the game in silence. Kuina giving short smiles to everyone in a failed attempt to show support. Usagi was glued to Arisu's side the whole way, you wondered what was going on between them. Once we got to the game building, as usual, we grabbed the phones allotted at the entrance before following the signs down into a basement. The doors sealed on us once everyone was inside the room, and looking around we were standing in a dark space filled with what looked like spiked conductors hanging from the roof. There were a few other nameless people with us, and also another room with a hanging lightbulb inside it. The game rules were explained over the loud speaker, then some idiot touched one of the spikes and sparks flew before he died instantly. Water began filling the room rapidly and you watched in silence as some people began screaming. Ann was watching Arisu with interest, obviously to see what he would do next. Kuina waded through the water to stand beside you, together you observe everyone argue and fuss over the best move, they were basing their decision off probability. The water was rising rapidly, if Arisu didn't figure out what he was doing quickly we were all as good as dead. Kuina actually started to look nervous, yet Ann was still calmly standing with her arms folded, she clearly knew the answer. The switches seemed to control the doors, and it didn't take long for you to figure out that the heat from the lightbulb could help indicate which was the right switch. This wasn't a game of probability at all. You go to open your mouth but Ann puts a finger to hers, indicating for you to be quiet. This was a test for Arisu you recall, but time was running out. The water had climbed almost up to our stomachs, only inches away from the spikes above and being fried like a piece of meat. Finally, Arisu barked some orders and completed some calculations, figuring out what Ann and yourself had discovered about the heat of the bulbs. As they completed the game, the water stopped only just before it reached the spike, that was seriously a close one. Maybe you should have had more faith in Arisu, team work was obviously still one of your weak points. Everyone smiled and laughed in relief, gaining three more days on our visa and the 4 of diamonds card. We make our way outside and Ann shoots you an impressed look, clearly your quick thinking and intelligence was beyond what she had anticipated. Arisu was praised by the others loudly. Smiling to yourself, you jump in the car beside Kuina and spend the trip laughing and chatting light heartedly. Thank god you had met her you thought to yourself, even if you died in the borderlands you would die with people you now cared about. You were so lonely before, hiding out in your trailer and completing games for weeks by yourself. You would do anything to protect these people now and make it back home together. As we were walking to our rooms, Kuina pulls you to the side.

"Listen, I think Chishiya has a plan to get the cards over the next few days, and now that we know we can trust you I thought you should know." She murmurs quietly, looking around to ensure no one else could hear. "I'll tell you more details tomorrow, but we will need your help." That sounded dangerous, but you needed to get home, and you had noticed that the military members of the beach were getting antsy. More people were disappearing and the Hatters control over them was slipping, it made sense to make a move before it all collapsed.

"Ok I'm in," You state confidently, " Let's enjoy tonight before shit goes sideways then."

Kuina grins, howling in agreement, "Let's party one last time before we get the hell out of here!"