18 - Flamethrowers and heart extinguishers

Slamming the door, you exit the room leaving Chishiya behind, and also a piece of yourself. Breathing heavily, you march through the empty halls, swiftly converting the pain to anger before it consumed you. Never again would you open your heart like that to someone. You had let him in, trusted him, even started to fall for him. But the more you thought about it, the more foolish you felt. He was manipulative, cold-hearted and cynical, and you knew almost nothing about him other than that he was a doctor, if that wasn't also a lie. But there was one thing you knew for certain, and that was that Shuntaro Chishiya was a motherfucking bastard, and the next time he fucked with you and your friends he would start a war of fire on fire. With that in mind, you race down the stairs until you finally reached the ground floor, bursting into the main hall. Your eyes widen at the scene before you, utter chaos had ensued. You couldn't spot any of your friends in the crowrds, so avoiding any attention you race to the back of the room and slip out the back exit. The smell of burning bodies clogged the air and you have to cover your mouth to avoid retching. You look up towards the resort building where you found clouds of smoke filling most of the rooms, meaning that maybe Arisu and the others had likely head outside to avoid suffocating. Maybe you could get a better view of the building from further away too, see if there were any clues to as where they were laying low. You slowly walk towards one of the courtyards, keeping an eye out for your friends and any wandering militants. Eventually you reach an open area a fair distance from the building but still inside the walls of the beach. The layer of smoke was thinner out here, yet still left a foggy haze that forced you to squint to see properly. You could still hear the faint wails of those trapped inside the resort and the occassional sound of bullets firing, each ring of metal signifying a life taken. Shuddering, you begin to look around, but something felt off. You step forward and hear a splash below your foot, thinking you had stepped into a puddle of water. Gancing down your eyes widened, violent red blood stained your shoe, fuck. As if on que, a large figure emerged from the smoke, gun raised and pointing directly towards you, there was no escape. As he marched closer his face became clearer and you recognised him as one of the militant brutes, the largest of the group. He was grinning from ear to ear as if he had just won a prize, and that pize was you. With his gun still pointing at your head, you became abundantly aware that until he was disarmed, the only was out of this was to out-think him. You were fast, but not fast enough to outrun bullets. But you had heard this man speak enough to know he was the furthest from a diamond player a person could possibly get, the fact he managed to make it this far was astounding. Although he may have been an idiot, he was still strong and easily angered, you had to tread carefully. 

The impossibly large man spoke in a low, gruff voice, "Well well if it isn't Chishiya's pet, aren't you lucky I found you." 

You had to think before responding, your life depended on it. Smiling sweetly you fake a look of relief, "Thank god you found me, I was actually looking for Niragi, can you take me to him?" 

His face twisted into a look of confusion, "Why the hell would you want to find Niragi? The man wants you dead."

Your face flushes in embaressment, "Well actually Niragi and I are having a secret affair, we are lovers. I thought all the important militants knew?"

There was a moment of silence before his face began to heat and you knew the well placed comment had struck home. Growling, the militant spoke up, "Well I haven't heard about it, and I am one of the most important militants."

A look of concern washes over your smile, "Oh how awful they didn't tell you! I can only imagine Niragi probably thinks he is better than you or something."

Rage fuels his eyes and he roars, lowering the gun as he lets out his frustration. You take a few steps towards him but he quickly aims the gun back up towards you, "Fucking stay where you are or i'll blow your brains out."