17 - If We Burn You Burn With Us

You frantically search all the rooms even inside closets and bathrooms for Arisu, heart racing and blood pumping so fast you felt as if you were going to pass out. The words save Arisu, Save Arisu, Save Arisu were swirling in your mind, what if it was too late? Not only was he one of the only people you believed could complete the games and get everyone out of here, but he had become your friend. You had almost reached the office where the Excecutives held their meetings when the thundering of steps and running sounded behind you. Whipping around, you coil your body ready to pounce, but there stood Usagi with Arisu hanging off her shoulders. His face was bruised and bloody, he had taken one serious beating.

You cry out with relief, "Arisu thank god!" Running over you envelop them both in a tight hug, tears brimming your eyes. Your friends were both alive and well, for now. Grinning you shake your head at Arisu, "Jeez you look like shit Arisu, I'm glad you're ok though, we thought you might be dead for a second there." Usagi shot you a warning look and you grin, "Just kidding! Kuina is still looking for you downstairs too we should probably let her know your alive."

His adorable bloodied face scrunches at the half offensive compliment, then he smiles brightly, "Thanks for not giving up on me, both of you. I'm lucky to have friends like you two." Friends. Wow. And to think that only a few weeks ago you had been fending for your life as a solo player, your cold heart had warmed, only to be extinguished at the sound of the white haired devils name.

Usagi shook her head, as if remembering how we got into this situation, "I still can't believe Chishiya would do this to us, I still don't understand why. We never should've trusted him."

A thick wave of rage came over you and you seeth through your teeth, "That blonde little bastard betrayed you to get his grubby hands on the cards, he knew they wouldn't be in that safe, used you as bait." Cracking your knuckles you smile dangerously as them, "But don't worry, he'll get whats coming to him."

Arisu looked slightly concerned, "And how exactly do you intend to entact this revenge plot of yours."

Your grin widens, eyes wild with the fire of vengance, "All you need to know sweet Arisu, is that Karma is bitch, and so am I."

Usagi smiles at the savage look on your face, happy to leave you in charge of procuring justice so she could stay with Arisu, "You deal with Chishiya." She declared, "We need to head back downstairs. They are going to need Arisu's help to figure out how the hell to win this game. The Witch hunt still needs it's Witch if we want to get out of here."

Nodding you squeeze her arm, "Stay safe down there and avoid the militants, especially that crazy asshole Niragi, I have no doubt he'll be looking for us. I'll meet you when outside when the game is over." You punch Arisu in the shoulder gently, still causing him to wince because of all the bruising, but he still smiles at your attempt of comfort, then you watch as he limps back down to the stairway. They would figure out how to save everyone, but you had not doubt they would. As they descend the stairs out of eyesight, you turn and start towards the office once again where you walk past and head straight towards Aguni's room. You were going to enjoy this.

You sat on the bed, lounging on your side as if the world wasn't on fire, in fact the smell of smoke was thickening. Then there he appeared, just as you had predicted. Chishiya waltzed into the room, looking as dashing as ever, a flash of suprise as he spots you on the bed evident in his eyes, as well as a hint of lust. He raised his eyebrow at the sight of you on the bed, clearly wondering what the hell you were doing there. "You know this probably isn't the time for bed action right now beautiful." He grumbles, eyeing you up and down, then smirking, "But I could be pursuaded otherwise, I have a few minutes to spare."

Face blank, you state bluntly, "The only thing getting anywhere near you will be my fist Chishiya." Then you begin picking at your nails with disinterest. Rolling his eyes, he goes back to what he came here to do and walks up to the stag painting to your left, opening the frame to reveal none other than the safe. He smiles, probably thinking to himself how clever he was. He punches in the code and whips open the door to reveal.... nothing. It was empty. Empty like the black hole of his god damn heart. You had never seen Chishiya look shocked in your life, his mouth was open, gaping like a fish, however he was more of a shark. "Looking for these?" You slur mockingly, holding up the deck of cards with a smirk plastered on your face. His face twists into a mixed look of anger and annoyance, these were the most emotions you had ever seen from this guy.

He growls, then seems to compose himself as he slides his hands back into his pockets, taking a deep breath as he calculates his next move, "What do you want? Do you want me apologise or something? Feel bad for what I did? Well I don't." He moves closer, bending over so his head was right beside yours, lips inches any. God you hated that your heart still raced being this close to him, that was until he spoke again. "I put you and Kuina out harms way and I did what I needed to do to win. I would do it again." He then went to pluck the cards from your hand, but you whipped them behind you and out of his reach.

Hissing you narrow your eyes and lean in even closer, "Chishiya, you may think you are smart, but only a desperate fool would ever play this game alone." His eyes drops to your lips as you tilt your head up at him, fighting to hide the hurt in your voice, "We could have figured this out together, I would've helped you, we all would have." Your gaze hardens at the thought of Arisu's brutalised body, "And now you are alone, and you will lose." Slowly you bring the cards back in front of him, waving them in his dumbstruck face, "This is what you want right? What you sacrificed your friends for?" Purring you lock eyes with him, "Oh my Cheshire Cat, you can take the cards, but I'll warn you once and only once. If we burn, you burn with us, I'll make sure of that." You tuck the cards into the front pocket of his shirt and jump up from the bed, walking slowly towards the door, glancing one more time behind at your former lover, heart breaking ever so slightly at the sight of him watching after you. There was something new in his gaze however, something you hadn't seen before, it was fear.

That fear was the smartest thing he'd deciphered of all day.