8 - Take a Seat

Straight from the bottle, you scull. You needed some liquid courage before heading down to the club tonight, Tatta providing you with the goods as a thank you for saving him. The burning in your throat makes you wince, but you welcomed that familiar sting. You confidently strut down the stairs into the lower levels of The Beach, where a steady thrum of the music echoed within the surrounding halls. Unlike the pool party, the club music sounded less pop-like and more techno with deep, heavy beats. As you near the entrance, two large men eye you up and down. Nodding in approval at your outfit, they permit you to enter. They yank open the large set of black doors stationed behind them to reveal the chaos inside. You pull a sour face, this really was the last thing you wanted to be doing right now. You had thought the music sounded loud outside, but inside, it was deafening. The floor was filled with people dancing, girls in lingerie lining the stage. Beams of lights streamed down from the ceiling causing you to jump in fright, you clearly had PTSD from lasers now. You chuckle to yourself, so much for the badass act.

You scan the club for the Hatter and the other leaders, but after 15 minutes, you were to no avail. Manoeuvring through the crowds of people, you give up and make your way to the bar area where someone is pouring drinks. Maybe they would know something about where the executives could be meeting. A slender man with dyed burgundy hair watches you approach, he is mixing something in a cocktail shaker, whipping it back and forth vigorously. You flash a smile and yell over the noise, "Hey there, where can I find the Hatter please?"

The red head roars with laughter, "Who are you to question the Hatters whereabout fresh face? I highly doubt you are someone of importance, I've never even seen you before. Pretty little thing like you belongs on the stage over there." He motions over to the half-naked ladies you saw earlier. Your smile twists into a scowl. Sexist prick.

Narrowing your eyes, you respond bluntly, "He told me to meet him here actually." Cocking your head to the side you put on your best dumb voice and soften your face sarcastically, "So if pretty girls like me belong on the stage over there, I'm guessing that means men who look like burning logs of shit belong behind the bar." He growls furiously and begins to jump over the counter when a tall, gorgeous woman leans towards him and flings him back over to his side of the bar with a not so careful nudge. She had short hair and wore sunglasses, her legs seemed to go on for miles. The barista fell backwards then froze, apologising profusely to the woman. This lady must have some power to garn a reaction like that.

"Fetch us a drink. Martini, make it strong." She snaps. The man bows his head and rushes off to comply with her request, oh how you loved watching men quiver over the power of a woman. She angles her body towards you, leaning against the bar with a hand on her hip and lowering her glasses so they sit at the tip of her nose. Her gorgeous face seemed set in a permenant scowl. "My name is Ann, I'm an executive. You must be the girl the Hatter is waiting for, they did warn me you were fiery."

This chick was cool, although something tells you she didn't smile too often. You shoot her an impressed look, "Nice to meet you Ann."

Ann pushes her glasses back up to cover her eyes and swung back towards the bar, swiping the martinis from the man without so much as a thankyou. She passes you a glass, and you take a sip. Jesus this really is strong. "So is it true you broke Niragi's toe?" She inquires casually. You choke on the alcohol. So they did know about that, maybe that was the reason you were asked here tonight. She raises as eyebrow as you cough uncomfortably. Unable to speak, you simply nod your head in agreement. She scoffs, "He probably deserved it. He's a great example of why you don't give men guns, they act like spoilt children with their toys." You decided in that moment that you wanted to be like Ann when you were older. Even though you were probably similar ages. She starts walking and beckons you to follow, her stilettos clicking against the hard floor. Instead of swerving through the crowd, this time it parts for you, all eyes fixed on Ann. We head towards the back of the club where the music was quieter, but still allowed for a full view of the room. You and Ann approach a lounge area in the corner where a few men and women were seated, smiling and laughing as they drank. The Hatter was seated on a throne like chair sporting his usual robe, but this time in a golden colour. Two gorgeous women in nothing but bikini bottoms leant against him, caressing his chest. You scan the rest of the group and recognise the familiar faces from the last time you had entered their office, thank god their was no sign of Niragi yet. Then there, lounging on the far edge of the couches, was Mr Perfect staring right at you. His long white hair fell over his face, his expression revealing nothing. You wonder if he resented you after what you had told him on the roof earlier. He wore a white suit with no shirt underneath, hands behind the back of his head exposing the lines of his stomach. You have to admit, he cleans up well, but so did you. Now where was this Chishiya guy...