030. back home

BACK HOME

for the past couple of days, minji had been thinking about what audrey had texted her. she had told her friends about the bet, asking them if they knew anything, but they too were strangers to this information.

there wasn't a doubt in her mind that jeno would pull of a horrible bet like that, but still, she needed confirmation to see it was actually true. and donghyuck was the only reliable source right now.

however, she wasn't sure whether she wanted to know or not. it was one thing to know that jeno had cheated on her with her friend, but it was another that he only got together with her with sex as his purpose. finding out would only make her feel disgusted and used, so for now, she kept the question to herself.

***

INSTAGRAM
[ k4ngminzzi ]

liked by hahahahaechan and 2,739 others

k4ngminzzi 🐚

hahahahaechan pretty gf
k4ngminzzi 🤎

username1 wow gorgeous

henderyyyy did you cut dejun and i out of the picture?
k4ngminzzi maybe...
henderyyyy rude
k4ngminzzi you guys were literally playing in the sand with bella
henderyyyy yeah and we had fun

username2 🤍🤍

jeongjaehyun looking good bro
k4ngminzzi tnx bro

jungw00 🐶🐶

username3 stunning!!!

***

IMESSAGE
[ haechan & minji ]

jiji
hey i was in my head ab this
all day so i really need to ask

hyuck
what is it?

jiji
the bet

is it true?

hyuck
what bet?

jiji
hyuck please be honest with me

i just want to know the truth

hyuck
i'm sorry

it's true

jiji
oh

hyuck
minji im so sorry for keeping
this from you

i swear i wish it wasn't true

fuck

let me make it up to you

please reply to me

i'm sorry minji
delivered

***

just as minji wanted to reply to donghyuck, she was startled by the sound of a familiar voice, causing her to immediately shut off her phone and pray it wasn't who she thought it was.

the girl was currently at her mother's house with her brother. it was kind of a family tradition for them to get together once in a while and order takeout and watch a movie. however, their family night was interrupted by the last person minji wanted to see.

as she sat on her bed inside of her old room, she listened to the footsteps downstairs, followed by the sound of the front door closing, which meant they were inside.

minji knew all too well who it was, and she wasn't prepared for it, but she knew she had to go downstairs for her mother and jimin's sake. softly going down the stairs, the heard the voice again, causing her to feel a pain in her heart. all she wanted right now, was to run away, but she didn't want to. or she'd end up like him.

"dad?" jimin's voice trembled at the sight of the man he hadn't seen in years. the man who left them for another woman and never came back once. until now, that is.

the brunette girl felt her eyes burn up as she peaked around the corner of the wall, seeing him stand there as if nothing happened. she should've gone in there and been there for her brother and her mother, but she couldn't.

so she quietly made her way upstairs again, and used the fire exit to leave the house. she couldn't be there right now, but she didn't know where to go. nobody, besides her family, knew the damage her own father had caused her.

there was one other person though.