035. fear of flying

FEAR OF FLYING

just one more day before minji and donghyuck would be flying to paris together. his mom, little sister, and yangyang were already there, but since the two fake-lovers still had a tight schedule at school, they would be arriving two days later than the rest.

to be honest though, donghyuck wasn't focusing on his school work at all, all he could think about was the trip to paris. even though they were only going there for his mom's business event, he was excited. he'd never been to paris, and more importantly, he had never gone on a trip with minji. this could be his time to bond with her and get to know even more about her.

donghyuck wasn't the only one who was only thinking about the trip to paris. minji could not take it off of her mind, but for another reason. she wasn't really thinking about the trip itself, she was thinking about the flight.

though she was pretty excited to go to paris for the first time, she had a terrible fear of flying and just prayed to god she'd even make it to the airplane without hysterically crying or fainting. the last time she'd gone flying ended horribly. she couldn't remember much of it, but according to her mother she made a huge scene and threw up a couple of times.

currently, the girl was in class drawing up scenarios of what could happen on the plane tomorrow. she didn't know what had caused her intense fear of flying, all she knew was that she hated the idea of being stuck on a vehicle in the air with nowhere to escape.

donghyuck, who was sat next to her, must've seen she wasn't paying attention to what the professor was saying since she was completely zoned out. softly he tapped her shoulder. "you okay there?" he inquired, looking a little concerned for her since she had spaced out for quite a while.

quickly, she readjusted her posture and looked at him as if nothing had been on her mind. "yeah, i was just bored so i kinda lost focus." she lied since she didn't want to tell him the real reason she was in her head. "you sure?" he asked to make sure there were no other factors as to why she was out of it.

"hmm." she nodded and took her pen in her hand and started writing to avert his attention from her. however, donghyuck immediately noticed she just did it so he'd stop interrogating her since all she wrote down were some weird drawings and doodles.

to regain her attention, he took the pen out of her hand and waited until she looked up at him. "what?" she asked in a slightly bitter tone, trying to get her pen back. minji wasn't annoyed at him, but she knew he was going to ask her about it until she answered truthfully.

"just tell me the truth." he asked, as she had expected which caused her to let out a deep sigh. she hated how he could see right through her and always kept going until she told him the truth. however, she also knew he did it out of pure intentions, which is why she always ended up telling him anyway.

"fine. i'm worried for tomorrow." she finally confessed and say donghyuck's face grow a confused frown. "please don't make fun of me for this, but i'm incredibly afraid of flying. like to the point where i once screamed at the flight attendant. it was so embarrassing."

she said the last thing with a suppressed laugh, trying to brush it off as something not serious, but donghyuck seemed to genuinely care about it. he put on a reassuring smile and rested his hand on her shoulder. "don't worry, i'm there with you, so if you end up embarrassing yourself, i'll embarrass myself twice as much."

minji smiled after hearing him try to reassure her. she was lucky to be flying with someone like him on her side. someone she trusted. "i'll even hold your hand from the airport here all the way to our hotel room in paris if that would make you worry less." he said jokingly, causing her to laugh, obvious to the fact that he meant every single word.

"thank you, hyuck." she patted his shoulder and returned his smile. even though it didn't really help her worry less, she appreciated him trying, and the fact that he cared.

***

IMESSAGE
[ 2 baddies + jaehyun ]

jamal
minjii

you excited for your trip to
paris tomorrow?

minji
yeah but no

snoopy
elaborate

minji
don't get me wrong i'm rlly
excited to be in paris

it's just the flight that scares
me

jamal
you'll be fine minji

minji
i really hope so

snoopy
you got nothing to worry ab

you got your bf right next to
you to reassure you

minji
he'll probably be asleep the
second he sits down in that
plane

jamal
try not to worry too much ab
the flight. you just gotta endure
it, but it'll be over before you
know it

snoopy
and you'll get a great reward out
of it

minji
you're right

thanks guys

snoopy
sooo

you sharing a hotel room with
just the two of you?

minji
yes

jamal
one bed or two beds

minji
one

snoopy
oh this is gonna be good

jamal
don't spare us the details

we wanna know everything

minji
you guys are disgusting

snoopy
we're not disgusting

we're supportive friends

jamal
be safe tho

we don't want to be uncles yet

minji
🙄🙄

i'm not gonna have sex with
him

snoopy
sureee

minji
i'm really not

jamal
how can you be so sure?

minji
just

snoopy
??

minji
idk

we're not there yet

jamal
hmmm we'll see

snoopy
just let us know if anything
happens

minji
nosy ass🙄

anyways gtg pack my suitcase

i'll drop by you guys tonight
to say goodbye before i leave

snoopy
you make it sound like you're
dying

minji
i probably will in the plane

jamal
dramatic ass

see you tonightt

minji
see y'all🫶🏼
seen