chapter⁹

an op toddler

an op toddler

warning: talking about an absent parent

☀️ღ〰*°.~°°〽.**•☀️

authors pov

11:28 PM. MUSTAFA, JAPAN

y/n feels strange. like something is wrong. she stays awake after she got into her bed. like something isn't letting her sleep. 

she groans, leaving her bedroom. she walks down the stairs, getting a glass of water. something isn't right. she looks out of the window, seeing the stars. y/n sips the water, with a small sigh. and the moon. wait, there's no moon. where's the moon? shit, nori.

☀️

y/n opens the door softly of nori's bedroom. and aimilios'. they got a shared room since one, nori is only four and second, nori doesn't like being alone. she was too shy to ask her mama and father to sleep with her. 

y/n walks over to nori, seeing the small girl whimpering. she's having a nightmare. y/n sighs sadly, picking the girl up. she had the exact thing when she was younger. 

nightmare after nightmare until she could control her quirk. 

y/n's dad was absent. just one day, he walked out the door. it broke y/n's mother's heart. but m/n was, and still is, strong

and y/n's mother didn't have the moon or sun quirk so all she could do was hug her daughter. it was in her bloodline, but she was quirkless. m/n is a model. it's why y/n is so pretty. and aimilios and nori.

y/n cuddles her daughter, sitting on the balcony. she covers nori with the blanket mom made for her a week ago. it's been a week. a long week, a busy week. but still been a week. y/n sighs with a small shiver. she's cold. but her body is hot for her daughter. y/n looks up, seeing the moon in its rightful place. she looks down, seeing nori soundly asleep. y/n kisses her daughter's forehead. something that she didn't think she would be doing now...or ever. but she has a daughter and she'll protect her with her life. and train her too. 

☀️

"huh?" nori mumbles with a yawn. she's in a baggy yellow top and some black leggings. her feet are bare as they touch the soft grass of ua's gardens. y/n's in a yellow top as well, matching with her daughter. she's wearing black [shorts/leggings/joggers/skorts]. "why mama?"

"because," y/n starts, bending down to nori's height. "i don't want you to have nightmares. this is easy stuff, nori, i learn it when i was eight,"

"mama, i'm four," nori says, holding up four fingers. "see!"

"yes, baby," y/n smiles. "i can see. just follow mommy okay?"

"okay mama!" y/n places her feet firmly on the ground, nori doing the same with a small wobble. y/n chuckles internally, before going through the motions. her arms follow the winds, her legs doing the same. y/n watches nori who isn't doing as badly. y/n spins, nori spinning a second after. "mama, can we play some music?"

"what song?"

"see you again by tyler the creator and kali uchis!" nori smiles, jumping up and down. "it's mama and daddy's couple song in the future!"

"really?" y/n muses, taking her phone from the ground. she finds the song on spotify, pressing play. "how come?"

"because mama is the 'lalala' bit of the song and daddy is the 'okayokayokay' bit," nori smiles, the song playing in the background. y/n chuckles with a nod. 

"i'll have to tell your dad that," she says, getting back in her stance. nori copies her, doing the same. "come on. let's continue,"