5 : First Day Back

AALIYAH

You know what I love about school?

Nothing.

8 hours of sitting in the classroom while doing boring, useless work that I'm not going to use later.

Well, you do in some jobs, but you get the point that I'm trying to make.

I don't like school in general but private schools especially. It was filled with a bunch of spoiled rich kids who didn't think of anyone but themselves.

I know I'm not perfect but I at least acknowledge the fact that other people in the world don't have it as good as I do.

Now that I'm off my soapbox.

I made my way to my bathroom and got ready. I went back to my closet to try and pick out an outfit.

I decided on a dark red college shirt with some straight-leg blue jeans and my black boots.

I quickly threw on some mascara and I left my hair down because I didn't know what to do with it. I sprayed on some perfume and went downstairs.

My mom was already gone, but she left me a note on the fridge because she knew that was where I was most likely going first.

Sorry, I couldn't be here I had to get to work a little earlier today. I hope you had an amazing day and STAY OUT OF TROUBLE.

- Mom

She honestly could've texted me that but she believes in the old-fashioned way for some things.

I grabbed my phone, water, and keys and headed out the door.

•••

When I walked into the school I immediately wanted to turn around and go back home.

I haven't seen some of these kids in months. For the most part, they still looked the same, but somehow everything felt different.

But then again it has been 6 months.

Desirée told me to meet her by the entrance so we could meet up with each other. When she was walking over here Xavier was beside her.

Finally, my ship has sailed.

But honestly, I'm surprised Lucas wasn't with them.

"So where's Lucas?" I asked Xavier as we all walked down the hall.

"Oh, I don't know he said he had something to do."

"Oh." is the only thing I said.

We walked around for a little until it was time to go to our first class.

Surprisingly we all had the same first class. After that, we didn't have any other classes together but at least I had this one with them.

On another note, I think I may need to go back to the guidance counselor because who wants to go to any type of math class at 8 in the morning?

We walked in and all took a seat near each other. Desirée was in the middle, Xavier was in the seat behind her, and I sat in front of her.

He asked if I wanted to switch spots so I wouldn't have to turn around to talk to Desirée but I told him it was fine.

We were all talking until Xavier looked up and started staring behind me.

I turned around to find Brooke Baldwin. The biggest bitch in the school.

She thinks she can do whatever she wants just because Daddy has money. Spoiler alert she does because the teachers are too afraid to do anything.

Her little minions, Eleanor and Chloe, were also with her.