23 : Move Night

AALIYAH

I can think of about a thousand different ways that I'd rather be spending my weekend.

Could I name all those thousand? Probably not but that's the beside the point.

So when Desirée said we'd be going to the movie night I thought she was joking, but then again I should've figured.

I really didn't want to go to the movie night in the first place. Now I really didn't want to go especially if Lucas was going to be there.

"So tell me again why we're mad at Lucas," Desirée said as she was sitting on my bed watching me look for an outfit, "Because when I asked the first time you didn't really give me an answer."

When she put it like that I had no logical reason to be mad at him, but I still was.

I peeked out of my closet. "It sounds stupid when I say it."

"When has anything you've ever said made sense, she sat up and turned towards me, "Just tell me."

I cut the light off in my closet, closed the door, and went to sit on my bed beside her. "I saw him talking to Brooke."

"And...?"

"Well, that's it."

She let out a little laugh. "Okay, Aaliyah you know I love you. But you can't tell him you don't know what you want and then get mad at him when he talks to other girls. Even if it happens to be Brooke."

She was right. Even if I didn't like it.

"I told you it was stupid."

"Your feelings are never stupid. And don't let anyone ever make you feel that way. Your feelings are valid. All of them."

I smiled at her, hopped off my bed, then grabbed my stuff. "And this is why I love you."

She got off my bed and put on her shoes. "I'm amazing. I know right?"

I rolled my eyes at her and walked out of my room. Let's hope tonight goes well.

Famous last words.

•••

When we arrived at the school there were a lot of people there surprisingly.

Never thought people would be so excited to spend their weekend at school.

"Okay, I'm going to go find Xavier he said they were here." She looked for Lucas' car and then walked away.

Guess it's just me now. You know I don't appreciate-

"BOO!!"

"AHHHHH!!" I caught my breath and then turned around.

Lucas.

"What the hell dude!"

"Did I scare you?"

"No, I thought I would just scream to be dramatic."

He laughed then smiled. His stupid laugh and his stupid smile. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

"What do you want?"

"Why are you so mad? Did I do-"

"Hi, guys!" Brooke said walking up to us.

He turned his attention towards her. "Hey, Brooke. How've you been?"

"I've been good. How about you? Oh my gosh hey Aaliyah I love your outfit."