16 : Friday Night Lights

LUCAS' POV FROM THE FERRIS WHEEL

I don't think she knows how beautiful she is.

Her eyes, her smile, her laugh, her voice, the way her cheeks turn to bright red anytime I flirt with her.

Everything about her is beautiful.

Even where she's most insecure. She'll never know just how beautiful she is.

We were at the top of the Ferris Wheel when everything stopped.

I have no idea how we keep getting into these situations.

I turned towards her with an "I told you" look on my face.

"Go ahead," she said sighing.

"I told you," I said while smiling at her, "Guess you're stuck with me again."

"Oh yay! I'm just jumping for joy right now."

She has no idea how much I love it when she pretends that she can't stand me.

But then again her sarcasm isn't spared from anyone.

"I know how much you love me, Aaliyah. There's no denying that."

"I'm not in denial you're just delusional."

"Am I delusional to think that you want me just as much as I want you?"

"Pretty much."

"We'll see."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing. It just means we'll see."

After a couple of minutes of silence, I finally cleared my throat to say something.

It wasn't about anything specific I just didn't want there to be this heavy silence between us.

I just started talking and all she did was sit back and listen. No interruptions or anything she just sat there and listened.

I scooted a little closer to her over time. I didn't think she noticed until she looked down at the space between us.

Once again everything had gone silent and the tension between us was thick.

When she looked back up at me I was already staring at her.

Gosh, she's beautiful.

My eyes kept flickering from her eyes to her lips. I hope she didn't notice.

"You're beautiful you know that."

"Uh..."

She thinks I don't notice how flustered she gets every time I compliment her.

It's like she doesn't believe me.

I don't know what came over me, but I just decided to do something crazy.

I started leaning closer toward her. I was so close that I could see the little freckles she had across her face.

You have to be extremely close to notice them.

Guess I'm that lucky.

Was this it?

Were we really about to kiss?

Was she going to let me kiss her after all that happened?

When I got a little closer she started leaning in too.

Please let this happen.

Suddenly there was a huge noise and she pulled away.

Damn it.