22 : The L-Word

LUCAS

Don't you just love the weekend?

Typically my answer would be yes. That was until Xavier called me and started talking about random crap when I was in the middle of my nap.

The conversation went as follows:

YOU WATCHED GREY'S ANATOMY WITHOUT ME?!

Dude what the hell are you talking about

I can't believe you! You traitor

Xavier

I mean I understand wanting to watch but you could've waited on me

Oh come on it was 1 time

Yeah 1 times 4

I didn't think it was a big deal

That's what they all say

Xavier I'm sorry

Just for that I won't sing you to sleep anymore

Yeah like I'll miss that

He gasped. You know what fine. I guess I'll just have to find someone else who appreciates my amazing voice

Yeah I doubt Desirée would wanna listen to that either.

I can't believe you!

Love you too buddy

He gasped again and then hung up.

And...scene.

•••

Soon enough Monday rolled around faster than the speed of sound. It's the like weekend moves at super speed then the week goes by like snail time.

I didn't meet up with the others since I was already running late. My father had a meeting and he said he'd love for me to join even though it could make me late to class.

But you know anything for the mayor right?

Thankfully, I made it on time I walked in just as the bell rang. The only seat left was one in front of Brooke. Let's hope I don't regret this.

I was doing my work...or well trying to when all of a sudden I felt someone tap on my shoulder. I turned around and Brooke smiled at me.

"Hey, I'm sorry to bother you but do you think there's a chance that we could talk after class?"

"About what?"

"I just need to say something."

"Yeah, sure."

"Thanks." She had a huge smile on her face. I wonder what that's about.

Soon enough class ended and I met Brooke outside the door. We walked down a little until we were away from most people and then sat down on a bench.

"Thank you for talking with me."

"Um yeah, so what did you wanna talk about?"

"I just wanted to apologize. I'm going around and apologizing to all the people I've wronged. Which you can imagine is a lot. I now realize what I was doing was wrong in every way possible. Harassing you, making you feel uncomfortable, talking down on Aaliyah, and most of all treating myself the way I did. I shouldn't be desperate and looking for a guy's attention. Who clearly doesn't want me might I add. I truly am sorry and I'm not looking for forgiveness but I just wanted to apologize and as if we could start over maybe?"