18 : Birthday Kisses And Weakness

AALIYAH

September 16th.

A historic day that has been engraved in my mind for a while now.

Lucas' birthday.

People don't usually do anything for their exes birthday I'm assuming.

But can you really even call us exes at this point?

I decided to do something nice for him and surprise him with some breakfast.

I bought him breakfast instead of cooking because he would probably end up in the hospital if I cooked.

Which is weird because my mom is great at cooking.

Guess those genes didn't get passed down.

I used the key he gave me to his apartment. To go there this morning. I'm not a morning person, but I got up a little earlier for him.

I know he's up. Sometimes he gets up early to go on a jog, comes back home to take a shower, and then goes back to sleep.

I hope that was the case this morning.

I quietly opened his front door and made my way in. I didn't hear anyone so I took that as a good sign.

I softly placed the food down on his counter and walked into his room. I looked at his bed and he was still asleep.

"Lucas?" I asked softly as I walked up to him.

"Lucas?"

He didn't answer and I was about to walk away when suddenly arms grabbed me by my waist and I found myself under Lucas.

"Morning," his voice sounded like it always did so I could tell he wasn't asleep.

"Good morning," I said smiling, "Someone's in a good mood."

"You remembered."

"Of course, I did how could I forget?"

He slowly lowered himself onto me, but not putting his full weight. I started breathing heavier then out of nowhere he stopped.

We're we really about to kiss again?

The question is why didn't I do anything to stop it?

When he stopped I looked up at him and he was smiling. "I just know how much you're dying to kiss me, but considering the fact it's my birthday I feel like I should be the one getting kisses."

"Let me guess you want 17 for each year."

"I mean since you're offering."

"I'll think about it."

I stayed there for a moment. "Yeah, not gonna happen." I said pushing him off of me.

After I pushed him off I sat beside him on his bed and looked at him.

"What?"

"What do you want for your birthday?"

"You."

"Lucas I'm serious."

"I am too. I want you to stay here tonight."

"Here? As in your apartment."

He nodded.

"Alone?"

"Why is that a problem?"

"No not at all."

"You'll really stay with me?"

"Only because it's your birthday."

His smile lit up and he started placing kisses all over my face. I pushed him off of me and got up from his bed. "I seriously love you."