25 : Es Hora De Una Quinceañera!

AALIYAH

3 DAYS LATER

It's time for a quinceañera baby!

I've never been to one but I'm so excited to go. I heard they're so much fun.

A couple of weeks ago Lucas told me that Xavier's little sister is turning 15.

They grow up so fast.

It wasn't until then that he asked me if I had anything to wear. Don't get me wrong now I have dresses but not one to wear to a quinceañera.

Why would he think then would be the appropriate time to ask me?

He made up for it because he took me shopping but he still isn't off the hook.

Anyway, I love the dress I picked out. Of course, Desirée already had hers. She assumed Lucas had already told me.

Oh, how wrong she was.

I decided to be a somewhat organized person and started getting ready a good 6 hours before it started.

Now, just because I got up 6 hours earlier doesn't mean I actually got ready.

I know, I know...pitiful.

Desirée barging into my room was my cue to get ready. She already had her hair and makeup done she just had to put on her dress.

She looked beautiful. As always.

She had her long curly black hair down with little beads in it. Her makeup was flawless. She had a light pink eyeshadow that went perfectly with her skin. She also had lip liner on her lips. I always get so jealous because it looks so good on her.

Me on the other hand. I had absolutely nothing on and wasn't halfway near ready.

"What are you doing?" She carefully placed her dress on my bed and rushed over to me. I was sitting at my vanity, "We only have what like 4 hours to get ready. And you know you take forever."

"I lost track of time," I stood up and went to get my dress out of my closet and placed it beside hers.

"Oh my gosh!" she squealed when she saw my dress, "I love it!"

I didn't show her my dress after I got it because I wanted it to be a sort of surprise. Not even Lucas saw it.

It's nothing special, but I love it.

"Lucas is going to lose his mind when he sees you in this. Good job girl."

"Umm. I didn't get this for Lucas. I got this for me."

"Mhhhh sure." She looked at me unconvinced, "Now let's get you ready."

A good hour and 20 minutes later I finally had everything done. It took longer because I couldn't decide on a hairstyle and Des didn't know exactly what to do with my makeup.

I decided on 2 braids in the front pinned back into my messy bun with a few strands hanging out. My makeup was pretty simple I just had a little eyeshadow and some lipstick.

Just looking at me you would think it took probably around 20 minutes. A girl can wish.

"We have to put on our dresses and then attempt to get there at a decent time. Since someone doesn't know how to get ready."

"Don't look at me like I'm the villain. Any other time we would have been waiting on you."

"Not this time though. It's a special event."

She's right. I feel bad now. Omg, am I one of those horrible people that doesn't think of anyone but themselves?

"And no you're not a horrible person that doesn't think of anyone but themselves. So stop your overthinking and get dressed."