12

It's already a week ago again, Irene is already staring at the plane ticket the company bought for her.

"Please Lord, give me a sign kung eto na ba ang calling ko para makapag desisyon na." It's a decisions to so that she can bid her goodbyes to her students.

But then, she look at the departure date. "Six day from now..." She just can't believe... Or maybe some part of her just can't take it, she hardly leave what she used to do, but it's her ambition

"Hmm?" Imee reacted when she sigh so deeply.

"Tama ba to manang?" Irene ask, "Yung ano?" Imee question her back.

"Yung gagawin ko... I know mommy and daddy have a hard feeling about it." She explained just looking at the moon.

"Irene, they did not say anything naman, just do what you want masama ang paurong-sulong." Imee said, Irene just shrugged she want to find a reason so she will stay.

Greggy finished his fields activities, it's already midnight and he just want to go back in Makati, their family house.

He was shock when the laughter filled the entire house, he stayed in the doorway. "May bisita na naman ba?"

"Wala po sir." A maid answered him, he just nodded and went straight to the staircase.

"Look oh, Greggy look so small since then." The firm voice of Luis suddenly soften.

He take a little more steps before sitting there so he won't get caught.

"I sometimes... Did not know he went this big... I mean— he is grown up man now." Emma said, Luis nodded to agree.

"I miss my baby boy... My only boy." He admit.

Greggy just lay his head on the handrail, listening to his parents.

"Greggy asking... If you are proud of him... Proud ka naman diba?" Emma ask staring at her husband.

Luis nodded continuously, "Sobra, sobrang proud ako sa kanya."

He closes his eyes, "Thank you dad... Thank you." He said deeply in to his heart.

Emma set up a CD card on the player then played something, Luis just watching her.

"Masama kaya loob sa akin ni Greggy? To the point that he forgot my birthday?" Luis ask.

Greggy look at the date, "Bukas pa naman birthday niyan ah, Ba't nag i inarte?"

Emma just played the record, the video recording of Greggy when he is seven years old, the era where he is clingy to Luis.

"What are you going to say, Greggy?" Luis carry him to let him sit on his lap.

"Daddy, my classmates said you don't love us na." He said, to his eyes you can tell that he is trying not to cry in front of his father.

"Bakit naman? How can they tell?" Luis asked again, just embracing his son.

His only son.

"Kasi daw you are always far." The little Greggy answered, "But, I said you promise me na uuwi ka, on our family day..."

"Eh, umuwi naman ako anak ah? Like what I promise, gagawin ko naman lahat ng pinapangako ko."

"Gagawin ko naman lahat para masuportahan ka anak." He added.

Greggy just stare, "Yes, I know daddy."

Luis chuckled when Greggy pouted, "Anak you should not punch them just because of me."