17

Irene was fall asleep while talking to her dad, it's her peace and rest. Everyone knows that she's a daddy's girl.

The electricity went out, Irene hated the feeling of heat when she's sleeping. Greggy was awake not because of heat but because of quiet sniffles from Irene.

"Shh why are you crying?" Greggy quickly got up to see her.

She just shake her head but her eyes is tightly closed. "It's fine, it's fine." He whispered.

He get the hand fan, before laying down beside her. He just continue to fan an air.

"Don't cry na." He whispered.

She doesn't know what's happening she is really sleeping but on Greggy's perspective she's crying.

"I'm afraid of darkness..." She unconsciously whispered.

Greggy stop for a moment, "Pag gising mo I have a gift for you." He whispered.

Thinking that Irene is sleeping, he hold her hair caressing it. "Grabe Irene, kung pwede lang kitang itago gagawin ko na."

He was mesmerized by it that he did not notice Irene was already awake.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Ay? Nawalan nang kuryente." He explained, leaving her hair alone.

"Ahh... What time is it na ba?" She ask.

Greggy opened his phone, "2:24."

Thirty minutes... Sobra sa trentang minuto pero napakabilis nang oras.

Irene can't help but to hug him, "Yung mga bilin ko sa'yo ha."

Greggy just listening, "Aalis ka na ba talaga?"

Irene can't help but to nod.

"Bakit ngayong nakilala kita saka ka may planong ganyan?" It's so unfair for him, sa tagal tagal nang buhay nila bakit ngayon pa?

The last thirty minutes, clock is ticking but no one is talking. He is just tasting the feeling is on Irene's embrace.

How talkative their mind but none of it left out to their mouth.

GREGGY'S POV:

"Aalis na ako... Thirty minutes ihatid mo na ako." Narinig kong bulong ni Irene, I'm just continue to move my hand so that the fan will continue to make an air.

"Okay lang." Sagot ko, kahit alam kong hindi. Irene naman kasi kung kailan andito na ako saka ka makakahanap ng opportunity sa malayo.

"Sa katunayan... Natatakot ako." She suddenly hug me tighter, I know that there's something heavy inside her.

I remained silent, hindi ko alam kung anong sasabihin ko.

"Kaya ko kaya to?" Tanong niya, siguro sa sarili niya.

"Oo, ikaw kaya si Irene." I answered, smiling bitterly. Minsan pinagdadasal kong sana mag bago, kaso mukhang desidido na.

"That's not enough assurance."

Ano bang assurance ang gusto mo? In the first place hindi ko alam kung ano ba talaga ang nararamdaman mo. Dapat ba ako umamin just to let you stay or dapat bang isa walang bahala na at maging masaya kung nasan siya, kung saan siya makakarating.

"Irene..." I almost whispering, no whispering because I'm crying again.

A hum from her, the hum was very peaceful for Greggy. "Tutal..."

Irene sat down straight once again, I look at her.

"Irene mahal na mahal kita! gusto kitang makasama nang matagal. Nang sobrang tagal, gusto kong ialay lahat ng meron ako para lang makasama ka. I can give up my dreams just for you, I love you more than you know! If God allow me to be truthful about my feelings noon pa Irene. I fell in love with you every seconds, every day that I'm with you, every words that you are leaving, every smile that appearing, I love you more than I love my dreams, I love you that I already give up on what I my routine is. I love every dishes you are cooking, and everything you are making. Hinding ako magsasawang sabihin na mahal kita, at mamahalin pa."