Part 9

"Is- is that-"
"Yeah."
"Can I go see it?"
"Sure. Just be careful, I don't want the students to think you're defacing it or something."
"I would never!"
"They seem to think otherwise."
Roki kneeled in front and quietly inspected it, peering at the inscription.

In memory of Shoto Todoroki
Friend, son
Loved by all

There were offerings all over it, flowers and teddy bears and picture of past him hanging out with the students and in his hero costume and uniform.

He reached up, gently unclasping the mask from around his head and slowly taking it off.
Aizawa quickly moved to shield him from any watchful eyes.

Face uncovered, he stared at the words etched into the rock that proclaimed his death.
His knees dug into the earth as he bowed his head, taking a deep, shaky breath.

Hair fell and obscured his face once more, ruffled by the small breath of wind.

"What are you doing??"
Aizawa hissed.

Flashes tumbled behind his eyelids like they did back at the tent, and they filled a couple gaps in his slowly returning memories.
Stone faced, he put the mask back on and stood.

"I can remember a bit more now."
"Like what?"
"My childhood."
"...I remember you telling us about it once. It was horrible, I nearly ran to Endeavor's agency and beat him up."
"Is that his name? Endeavor?"
"It's actually Enji Todoroki, but his hero name is Endeavor."
"Do you think he would come here?"
"Maybe to investigate you, but I highly doubt it."
Roki shrugged.

"Am I going to get a grand tour or will I just go to sleep and wait til tomorrow?"
"It's too late now, the students have barely started eating dinner. I'm not sure of they made you something, they're used to twenty people but there's only nineteen of them since a perv got expelled."
"Don't worry about me, I brought food and it won't expire."
"Good. You should head inside now."
"Night."
"Night. Tell me if they bother you."
They left it and each other at that.

Roki pushed the door open and closed it behind him, ignoring the obvious pointed glares in his direction as he plopped down on the couch.

"T- Roki! I saved you some food!"
Midoriya nearly slipped up as he presented a plate of spaghetti.

"Thanks, but I'm not hungry."
"Aw. Well, I'm heading to my dorm. Night!"
"Goodnight."
The moment he left, Roki heard the movement of chairs being pushed back and opted to close his eyes as people who were done sat in the chairs near and in front of him.

"You think we didn't see you take off your shitty mask hah?"
His eyes snapped open fast and he whipped to face Bakugou.

"Wh-what?!"
"Sensei was blocking your damn face, don't worry. What the hell were you doing at his grave?"
He sighed a bit of relief.

Play dumb. Maybe you can learn more.

"Who was Shoto Todoroki?"
"Why the hell should I tell you?"
Jirou butt in after Bakugou's response.

"What's the harm in letting him know?"
"Tch. Whatever. Tell him if you want."
"Todoroki was a student in our class before he got in a plane crash and disappeared. He was presumed dead. The crash site was where we found the portal, and in turn, found you."
"That's what all that stuff in the water was?"
"Yup. Did you, by any chance... see anyone that looked like him around before?"
"No. I've seen people with short hair, red hair, white hair, and sometimes all three, but I've never seen anyone like him. I'm sorry for your loss."
"Did... did you even leave an offering?"
"I showed my face. That should be more then enough, considering you guys haven't even glimpsed it. Who was he?"
"An amazing fucking person."
Bakugou turned the conversation back to him.