The Meeting

In the wait for Mairusu to finish his conversation with the woman, I tried thinking about how I should approach Veronica. As I did so, my mind kept drawing blanks, after the way I treat her, there was no natural way I could confront her casually. What on Earth am I meant to say?

Y/N: (Hey, whats up Veronica?! Nah that's too upfront... Veronica, we have to talk! God, that sounds way too dire... Heeey V... yeah, absolutely not.)

Nothing I thought of worked, I couldn't think of what to say. I'm screwed, there's nothing I can think of. She's just gonna hate me for the rest of her life, and it's all my fault for ignoring her. How could I be so immature? I'm a complete fool for what I've done, we were cool before and now I've done this stupid ass shit for nothing!

Mary: Something bothering you?

I looked to my left; I didn't even notice her coming towards me. Guess I was too lost in my thoughts to pay attention... I mean, it wouldn't be the first time. But yeah, she was definitely right, something was bothering me, and very severely.

Y/N: I... I think... actually I know Veronica's mad at me.

Mary raised an eyebrow, clearly interested in what I have to say. She then took a seat next to me, giving me her full attention... honestly, I wasn't expecting her of all people to be so intrigued in what I had to say. I didn't know too much about Mary, but the little I knew of her, she didn't seem to trust people easily.

Mary: What happened? You touch her up or some shit?

Y/N: No... I had a rough night as I said and... well, I took my anger out on her for nothing.

Mary: Sounds pretty shitty.

Wow, really know how to lift my spirits. I gave her "the look", but she simply smirked in response, a small singular chuckle barely audible from under her breath.

Y/N: Anyways, the issue is that I don't know how I should apologize.

Mary: Easy, just be real.

I was confused by her answer, looking at her in confusion. She sighed heavily at the sight of me, I clearly missed something really obvious. Maybe it's a girl thing?... I don't know man, I'm a shut in who wastes his life complaining about how shitty his apartment is. What the hell do I know about human interaction?

Mary: Don't try hard with an apology, just be honest with yourself and say how you feel. It probably seems like it should be harder than that, but it's the most you can do to convince her you're sorry.

Y/N: And if it doesn't?

Mary: Well... sometimes forgiveness takes time, and at the very least you'll have the closure of knowing you tried.

Damn, I never thought about it like that. Even if it doesn't work out immediately, I should at least wait till she's ready to forgive me. It would be really unfortunate if she didn't end up forgiving me, but I suppose it would be better to at least try first.

Y/N: You know Mary? You're pretty damn wise for your years.

Mary: I've been told. I like to think I get it from my mother.

Y/N: She knew her shit.

Mary chuckled at my words and took her leave. I suppose she had helped me with what I needed, so I guess there was no need to continue conversing, but talking to her was far easier than I expected. There was something about Mary and Jessica... what was it about them that made them so interesting?

Mairusu: Y/N!

I turned my head to see Mairusu and the lady he was with earlier waiting for us by the corridor. I assume they finished their convo and were ready to talk with me and Purple Girl. He called out to Veronica as well, and she then walked forward, not even bothering to look at me as she passed me. I still felt awful... no, now was not the time to think about that. I stood up and followed them to the office. No turning back now, the best I can do is tell them what happened.