Going Out

After about 10 minutes in the shower, I finally start drying myself off. Thankfully I brought fresh clothes earlier today, so I can just get changed into them. I can't believe I forgot about my date with Veronica, it was pretty much the first thing I thought about when I originally met her.

Y/N: Well, here goes.

I walked back into the dining hall wearing much nicer clothes. There I saw Veronica chatting with Mary and Jessica about something. I couldn't quite hear it, but I think I heard something about screws.

Y/N: I thought I told you to wait by the car!

Veronica: Oh, Y/N! I was gonna, but the girls stopped me.

Jessica waved to me as I walked over, and Mary simply folded her arms. Me and Purple Girl said our goodbyes to the two of them and started making our way to the car.

Jessica: Have a nice day you guys!

Mary: Remember not to get too rough.

Y/N: Calm down Schmidt! It's only the first date!

Purple Girl laughed as we walked towards the exit. As we were about to leave, we accidentally bumped into someone holding a bunch of papers. It was our boss Mairusu, looking more stressed than usual.

Mairusu: Oh god, could you guys help me please?

Y/N: Oh sorry boss.

We helped him pick up his papers... god there was so much text here. Does he have to read through all of this? As we were picking up, my eyes caught Veronica's. She was motioning towards Mairusu, no doubt she still wanted to inform him on Foxy. I simply zipped my lips to her and continued on.

Y/N: What is all this Mairusu?

Mairusu: Important documents Y/N. Can't really explain, I'm uh... I'm a little busy right now.

Veronica: Wait, this mentions BB and Marionette. Are you trying to...

Mairusu quickly took the paper away from her and slipped back into the pile. What was she trying to say? I didn't actually read any of the papers, I just noticed how dense all the text was. But as it turns out, Mairusu was in fact trying to bring the other girls back into action.

Mairusu: When it comes to authorising Animatronics for show, there's a lot of back and forth that needs doing.

Y/N: So that's what this is about?

Mairusu: Yeah, since we can't sell the old bots anymore, we instead have to find a way to increase our number of customers.

Old bots? Was he referring to the Golden Freddy looking thing in the closet? What did he mean by sell? Increase the number of customers? I asked him what he was talking about.

Mairusu: Well business hasn't been great lately, so we need to find new ways of making money so we can keep the company open.

Veronica: The original plan was to sell the prototype versions of the three main Animatronics to get some cash, but suddenly they disappeared.

Mairusu: We've tried searching, but we can't find them. So our next best option is to start promoting the other girls.

Ok, now things were starting to make sense. If this paper work gets filled, then Balloon Babe and Marionette will be able to perform, and if things go according to plan, they'll pull in more consumers that will earn the convention more money. Hopefully the hassle is worth it.

Mairusu: It may take me a while to get all of this done. There's an awful lot of back and forth when it comes to this.

Y/N: Yeah, well we'll leave you to it.

Veronica: Wait a minute Y/N. On the topic of business Mairusu, how's the Rental Facility doing?

And this is where things are completely out of my realm of knowledge. Rental facility? What on Earth is that? I mean I could guess from context clues that it's about rentals... obviously. But how does that at all correlate to the Anime Convention? I figured butting in wouldn't further anything, I'll just let them talk.

Mairusu: Oh, that place? I don't know, probably still under construction.

Veronica: Still?! How long will it-

Mairusu: Look, we can discuss this later Veronica. Right now I have papers to fill.

He started walking hastily towards the entrance of the building. I looked back at Veronica, frustration painted all over her face. I'm not sure what she was asking about, but I imagine it's important to her.

Y/N: Yo V, whats this... Rental Facility you were talking about.

She suddenly snapped out of her trance and turned towards me. Her face looked stunned, almost like she didn't know how to answer. The look would dissipate quickly though, and she responded with...

Veronica: Oh, it's... not a big deal. Just personal stuff.

Y/N: Ah... well then, let's get to the car.

Obviously I knew she was lying, of course it was a big deal to her. Why else would she be so frustrated? But I'm not gonna be the type to force something out of someone when they don't want to talk about it. People have secrets and they need to keep them... I know I do. Eventually we reached the car and got inside... the fact Veronica is in here with me was starting to mess with my head a bit.

Veronica: What's up? Were you not expecting your date to start this way?

Y/N: What? Oh no no, it's just... I mean... uh...

I didn't really have a response, I was just thinking to myself... one of the first things I asked Veronica when I met her was "you wanna go out sometime?". And here I am, 3 days later, actually going on a date with her... who could have predicted this would happen? I remember she suggested we go out as a way to make up for the other night... y'know, when I acted like an asshole towards her... we can just forget that happened. I wonder why this was what came to her mind?

Y/N: Well, seatbelts on kids!

Veronica: Aye aye captain.

We set off after that. I had an idea of the place we would go to, but it would take a while to get there. At least I had Veronica to chat with until then... wait, what do I talk to her about? Does she want to talk about work when we're out? Or would she rather talk about something else? Wait, since it's our first date, wouldn't it make sense to talk about personal stuff? No wait, we can't do that, this technically isn't a regular date! That would be weird... wouldn't it?

Veronica: Hey Y/N, you got any good music?

Y/N: Wha-? Oh, um... yeah!

Well that saved me, if she's listening to music, then we don't really need to converse. Plus that means no awkward silence, so that's another plus. I put on a CD I had lying on the floor, I bought it a while ago and never listened to it... I don't know why though, I like this artist.

Veronica: Yo! The Living Tombstone? I didn't know you liked him!

Y/N: Huh? Oh yeah, I think he's dope.

We then got into a conversation about The Living Tombstone, all the whilst we bopped our heads to the music. Veronica revealed one of their songs was actually based on the convention, isn't that insane? That's a hell of a coincidence isn't it? We had a nice chat about the music, and tons of other artists we enjoy, turns out we have similar taste. Perhaps this date won't be as stressful as I expected it to be.

To Be Continued...