*Ch. 16: Leaving, and the Burial

Kari's POV

I was still on the stone head, having not moved very much since finishing the scroll. I had too many questions dancing around in my brain. And if I ever managed to get back into my psyche like Raza made me do that one time, then I'm sure that I'd see these questions doing the conga.

Over and over and over again.

Telem had been reading over my shoulder the entire time, and had his own opinions on the subject. I could tell- his mind was working overdrive.

"Hey Telem- What should we do know?" I asked my little friend. "With this information, I mean. My mom is alive. But I don't know if I want to go to this Arashi place. It doesn't seem to be in the greatest condition right now."

~I'm not sure~ Telem frowned. ~But... We can start with me telling you what happened while you were blacked out~

"'Bout time. Now spill. What happened?" I said excitedly. "And what made you decide to tell me now?"

Telem settled down on a rock opposite me. ~I... Just think you deserve to know. And after what we just read, it might make more sense~ The dragon folded his wings neatly, then began to speak.

=====

"...Oh." I said sadly as Telem finished his story. It's not everyday that you learn you transformed into a demon wolf and try to kill a snake criminal. And it sounds cool, but it's not that comforting to know you can lose control and go on a killing spree at any time.

~Do you understand why I didn't want to tell you?~ Telem questioned me sadly. ~I was only worried about your mental state. Are you mad?~

I smiled sadly, and shook my head. "No, Telem, I'm not mad. But I'm even more confused now. With this and what the scroll said, I don't know much anymore. Raza didn't tell us so many things, and I feel like this whole mess is spiraling out of our control."

The little black-and-gold dragon nodded his tiny head. ~Yeah. And I'm not any better. Remember, I'm only a few months old. Sure, I'm mature, but I know very little of the world. Less then you~ He said. ~The things I've told you before are instincts, but the real knowledge I haven't gained~

"Yeah. Sometimes I forget you're so young, because you always act so... Mature, or whatever." I mumbled. We were silent for a while.

~Let's tell the Hokage that we read the scroll, return it, and then leave this place. We can go back to the forest to bury Raza and Izotz, then travel around in search of answers, and a purpose~ Telem finally said.

"That's a great idea!" I said, gaining a small smile on my face. I stood up, and Telem regained his normal position around my neck.

~Every person in this world needs a purpose. It gives one strength, and the power to protect. Someone without a purpose is someone who's stuck in one place, unable to move forward~ The little dragon said.

"Yeah, yeah. Philosophy, blah blah blah. Let's get this show on the road!"

=====

Thankfully the Hokage accepted the idea, and wasn't too opposed to me leaving Konoha. He did say I should return when I have answers, and that I will always have a place as a ninja here. But he wouldn't answer any of my questions... Something about 'learning on your own...'

Which is what Raza used to say...

I returned the scroll to the old man, and he said he'd hang on to it in case there were any more Sasaki's floating around. Not likely, but I don't mind. It's good for the Hokage to know some of these things.