Ch. 30

Kari's POV

I groaned, feeling a very warm heat source against my back. I wanted to turn around and snuggle deeper into it, but something around my middle was restraining me. A rope?

Nope, it was an arm. Just one of the most over-used book cliches ever.

I wanted to struggle free and give the person holding me a lecture about personal space, but couldn't find the energy. Why was I so tired?

Oh yeah. Steel Release, tetanus, Kakashi, walking home. Right.

So, with no better option, I went back to sleep. Sleep helps heal stuff, right? It's not because I was warm and lazy. No, of course that wasn't it....

======

Something was poking my side. It was very annoying. And whatever it was wouldn't stop.

Poke.

One more time, I swear I will bite them.

Poke.

Okay, that's it. One more time...

Poke.

I'm done.

I surged upward, snapping my canines in the direction of whatever was poking me repeatedly in the side. Unfortunately I missed, and simply bit air.

But I did succeed in scaring the little blond boy, Naruto. He was laying on his back on the floor, a terrified expression on his face. I looked down at him, then realized what was going on.

He was the one poking me.

I growled and bared my teeth in his direction, then jumped off the bed, oblivious to the laughter of Naruto's teammates. I needed to check on Daken.

Thankfully, when I looked at the older blond, he looked stable. His wound was closed, and he was breathing easily. Good.

I snuffed and stuck my head into Daken's unwounded side. It was a quick touch, meant only to reassure me that he was still there.

Then the door opened, and in strolled Kakashi. One hand held a plate with enough breakfast for all of us. The other hand held his little orange porn book.

I snarled at the sight of the book, and jumped towards the jonin. I remembered that book, and what it contained. Kakashi did not still need to be reading that kind of thing. He wasn't prepared, but still managed to save the food.

His book, however, wasn't so lucky.

I grabbed the orange book in my teeth, and sprinted out the door. I was feeling a lot better, and most of my injuries were healed. And that case of tetanus I thought I had?

Healed. Not sure how, but sleeping must be more beneficial then I thought. Remember that now. Sleeping is the best thing you can do.

I tumbled down the stairs of the inn, landing in a heap at the bottom. Kakashi was still in his state of shock, and hadn't begun to pursue me yet. I quickly got to my feet, and raced out the door.

Then I heard Kakashi's cry of rage, and began to run faster. If Kakashi liked this book as much as I think he does, then I should have a very angry jonin on my tail... about... NOW!

I could smell Kakashi's masculine scent coming up fast behind me, so I ran in the direction of the marketplace from earlier. More people equals more scents to confuse him, and plus. No one would be able to spot a wolf in a crowd.

......

Or so I thought. Turns out a wolf running in a crowded place attracts attention. So anyone I passed screamed and got away from me as fast as they could. Which did not bode well for me, who was trying to hide.