*Ch. 27: Koniac Reveal

Kari's POV

The leader of Spider Vanguard strolled out of the shadows, completely unfazed by everything that was occurring. There were two golden spiders on his shoulders, one connected to the web that had removed Daken's kunai, and the other simply lounging near Moyano's neck. Maybe it was asleep.

"Now, now. I can't have you killing my second, can I?" Moyano drawled, still strolling forward. He appeared completely in control, showing no emotion other than mild amusement. Except for his eyes, which glinted sadistically.

I panted, still tired from my fight. Telem leapt off of my shoulder and enlarged himself to his full size, which was about four feet taller than my head at the shoulder. Needless to say, my black-and-gold partner was intimidating.

As Telem hissed threateningly, Daken stepped in front of me and began to form hand seals. Moyano didn't seem bothered, however, and as if on cue two golden threads shot from both of the spiders. Apparently they were both awake. Damn.

One thread bound Daken's hands together, and no amount of tugging would release him. The other web wrapped itself around Telem's snout, and the dragon jerked back in surprise, pawing at it with his claws in an attempt to get it off. No matter what he did, Telem couldn't remove the golden thread. I could feel my partner's panic seeping through our bond, and I winced.

"Bad dog," Moyano shook his head mockingly. Then he looked at me. "And really, you'd have your pet dragon fight for you? Lazy, lazy."

I gritted my teeth. "It might be that I'm just tired from fighting your little goon there," I gestured at Hayabusa.

Moyano shrugged, then looked at the spider restraining Daken. He said nothing, but the spider must have gotten some kind of message because it cut the thread connecting it to my friend and seconds later a third thread shot towards me.

I was too tired to dodge, and the line wrapped all around my body. It tightened and I took a gasping breath, trying to regain air that had been forced from my lungs. I tried to struggle, but nothing I did worked. I was stuck.

"What to do, what to do..." Moyano rubbed his chin as he approached me slowly. Then he snapped his fingers, apparently having thought of an idea. "Ah!" he exclaimed.

The large shinobi kept coming towards me, his gait lazy like he had all the time in the world. Telem leapt in front of me to block his path, but Moyano only gestured with his hand and the web connected to the dragon's muzzle yanked to the side, taking my helpless partner with it. I struggled to break free of the web, but to no avail. The thread held fast. As Moyano was approaching, he drew a kunai out of a pouch on his leg.

My mind raced furiously as I tried to think of a way out of this situation. Telem and Daken were basically incapacitated, being unable to do anything to help. I mean, Daken could kick, but that wouldn't do much. Only one idea I thought of seemed like it would work, so without another option that's the one I went with.

"Hey Moyano!" I called out, my voice a little strangled from the web. "How well do you know the stories about the Silver Wolf?" I didn't want to have to do this, as it would reveal my second Kekkei Genkai, but I had no choice. It was my best option at the moment.

"Not very well, admittedly." He stopped about four feet in front of me, the kunai still in his hand. "Why?"

I grinned. Time to brag a bit. "Well, have you ever thought of why I was given that name?"

"... Why?"

My grin grew wider. "Because I am a wolf." Kind of. Not in the sense that he must be thinking, but he doesn't need to know that. Better to scare the crap out of him instead.