Reaping

Three years later. I'm 13 and have been at the academy for 3 years now.

Since your name starts being in the Reaping when you turn 12, they allow people to start at the academy at age 11 so that you can at least be a little prepared. There still hasn't been any new Victor's since my brother, but since his victory, people still live on the buzz, and they think someone will win again every year. Especially the teachers who are extra hard on students.

I'm great at throwing knives. And Nixie is great with a sword. She has only gotten sassier. She cusses a lot and pisses off the teachers. She also shaved the bottom half of her hair and kept it in a bun, much to her parents' dismay. She had such blonde hair when she was little, but then she saved it and later died it to dark blue. I still think it's pretty.

She had three brothers. One of them died in the games when we were kids, so now she tries to stay prepared. One of her brothers has aged out of the Reaping, and for the other, this is his last year. Then it's just her. It almost seems like she wants to be in the games someday.

Reaping day is tomorrow, and I have a bad feeling. Finnick has been acting weirder than normal. He told me that when he goes to the capital for mentoring, I should go stay at Nixie's house. He has never asked me to do that. He's been mentoring for 4 years now, and I've always just stayed at home and went to Mags if I needed something. For some reason, he thinks something might happen to me this year, and that makes me paranoid.

When I got home, we played games and Mags came over to cook dinner. She didn't need to, and Finnick and I can both cook for ourselves, but she likes to be helpful. At dinner she gives me a present and inside is a blue dress for tomorrow. I thanked her and took it upstairs before going to sleep.

The next morning, when I woke up, Finnick had cooked breakfast, and we ate it before bringing some of it to Mags. Then I go upstairs and get dressed in the dress Mags got for me.

When I get downstairs, I see Finnick dressed, and we head out to the Hall of Justice (looked it up✏️)

When I get downstairs, I see Finnick dressed, and we head out to the Hall of Justice (looked it up✏️). Finnick leaves to stand on the stage, and I go to sign in. They prick my finger, and then I go to stand with my age class next to Nixie, where we grab each other's hands and hold on tight. Then, the video on the projector starts.

Lila comes on stage and once again talks for a very long time. But in a way, it's somehow nice. Like being in the eye of a hurricane that can wipe you out in seconds, but you're in the eye, so you're safe and can breathe for just a little while.

"First Girls." Lila says, snapping me out of my thoughts, and I squeeze Nixie's hand a little tighter as Lila roams around the bowl. She pricks one out and opens it up. And I heard my name.

Everyone looks over at me. They know who I am, of course, because my brother and my parents were very popular when they were alive. I was also told I was very even for District 4, so a lot of boys would know me.

I walk out of the crowd and start walking to the stage. I know this had to have been snow. The chances of me getting picked were slim, but he probably rigged it. I just don't know why.

I look to my brother and can see he is surprised too. He knew Snow was planning something, just not this. I give him a scared look, but when in my spot and turned to the audience, I give a straight, emotionless face. Then Lila goes over to the boys but before she can put her head in the bowl someone yells out "I volunteer as tribute!"

A boy moves out of their crowd. I knew that boy. He was quite known at school for being a flirter. He even flirts with me all the time even though I'm 13, and he's 16, which gross

Walking up to the stage looking proud, he winks to the girls' side to no one in particular. He had medium brown hair and brown eyes which was not common in District 4, and he had a lean build. Along with a permanent smirk on his face.

He walked up the stage steps and stood on the other side of Lila.

"What is your name?" Lila asks. He leans into the mike and states his name, "Conway Alagona."

We shake hands and he sends me a wink. Then we go inside the building.

I was escorted to a room and sat there for a couple minutes before the door opened and Nixie walked in. She gave me a big hug then looked right in my eyes. "Get some knives, stick to water areas, and kill those mother fuckers" she said. I gave her another hug and then her family joined us to say goodbye and that they are rooting for me. Then they left.

I was then escorted out of the room and to where Lila, Finnick and Mags were. Mags decided to come along because it was me. Conway joined us a second later. Then we were put in a car and driven to the train station.

While in the car Lila turned to us and finally spoke to us saying, "When we get on the train make sure to wash up then we can have a lovely meal. You two will get full treatment. I'm sure you'll love it."

Lila was a very lovely woman. She was just raised in a completely different world and doesn't know how to act, even after a few years of doing this. She feels sorry for the tributes and tries to make it as nice as possible for them. I have met her on a few occasions because of Finnick and he's said some things about her.

Lila had a Lilac theme going on since it fit her well for obvious reasons. Her hair was lilac, along with her makeup and dress. She had gold glitter over lilac eyeshadow and slightly darker purple lips. Touches of gold littered her dress, and she had a gold necklace and matching earrings.
_______________________________________

After getting on the train Conway and I washed up and changed into black tank tops and pants. Mine being black leggings and his gray sweatpants.

He sat at the table where Lila was sitting and began to eat. Lila was reading something, and Conway was trying to flirt with me the whole time until Finnick walked through the door and sent him a look before sitting down. Mags joined soon after.

Finnick was about to speak and give some advice when Conway interrupts, "I don't need mentoring till we get in the games. Thank you. I have been watching and training for these for years, so you can focus on your sister if you want. I don't mind." Then he stands up and walks to his room, leaving us all baffled.

Well, this will be interesting.
_______________________________________

Hey. So that's the end of this chapter. Let me know what you think and if you have any ideas for what I should do later, I would love to hear them.