Tour (Districts 7, 9, and 6)

I was quiet the whole way there. Finnick asked Lila to edit the speech since it's my friend's families I'm talking to. I laid my head in Finnick's lap, and he ran his fingers through my hair, undoing the braids Cashmere made.

When we made it to District 7, we got out and went to the mayor's house. I looked out the window of our car and took in the view I heard so much about.

The place was covered in trees. Around the town area, there were beautiful cabins and large factories.

We got to the mayor's office, and he greeted me with a smile. I guess my game gave a good impression on this district.

He led us to the Hall of Justice, and he welcomed me to the stage. I take a deep breath and walk on stage. I looked at the families of my friends. Ebony didn't have anyone standing there, and on Keith's side, there was one woman.

I said the speech while shaking and halfway through my voice cracked. I was trying not to cry, and it didn't help with everyone staring. I apologized and continued the speech. Everyone stayed quiet even after I finished the speech. When I looked away from the cards and back up to them. They all nodded to me in respect, and the crowd split as Keith's mother walked to the stage.

The mayor let her walk up, and she gave me a big hug. I let out a few tears, and she wiped them away, telling me it's ok and that they will return to the earth now.
_______________________________________

After the speech, I went to the bathroom in the justice building and cried for a few minutes, then washed my face.

When I got out of the bathroom and walked to the front, I saw two people standing with our group. I recognized them both as victors from 7.

There was Blight, a man in his late 20s. He was a tall, scruffy looking man and had a scruffy beard. Beside him was the boy who won the games before mine, Oakley. He and I are the youngest people to ever win, both being 13 in our games.

Oakley is 14 now, and he had dark brown hair and honey brown eyes. He was the first to notice when I entered the room and walked over to introduce himself.

He looked into my eyes as he took my hand and frowned, noticing my puffy eyes. He leaned forward and gave my hand a small kiss. Then he introduced Blight.
_______________________________________

We were taken to Blight and Oakley's house. Oakley lived with Blight since his parents were gone, and Blight was his and his little sister's guardian.

When we went into the house, we were greeted by Oakley's little sister, Ellary. She is a cute little girl around 7 years old who had a close resemblance to Oakley. Brown hair and light brown eyes.

Blight said we could stay the night here, and Lila happily obliged since we didn't need to be at District 9 until noon tomorrow. We sat down and ate lunch.

Finnick and Lila had a nice conversation with Blight, and I ate quietly, still thinking about earlier today. After lunch Oakley invited me on a walk with him and I agreed.
_______________________________________

Oakley and I started to walk quietly, and he led me to the forest where the sun was shining through the trees and looked so beautiful.

Oakley told me about the scary things in his games and how it affected him, and I told him about mine. We both saw each other's games, but it was nice to talk about it with someone our age who understands.

After a while of talking, he climbed up a tree and hung upside down from a branch making funny faces to lighten the mood.

"Ok monkey boy, get down. We should get back" I say as I giggle at his dorky antics. He jumps down and we head back to victor's village and we play with Ellary for a while before dinner. After dinner I change and go to sleep in Finnick's guest room.
_______________________________________

Around 4am I wake up from another nightmare. Seeing my friends' bloody figures and reliving watching them die.

I go downstairs to get some water and see Oakley sitting by the window. I got some water and sat next to him. He seems quiet. I stay quiet and just sit with him for a while until he lays his head on my shoulder and falls asleep. This seems to be a start to a great friendship.
_______________________________________

The next morning, I wake up to Blight making noise in the kitchen. Oakley is still asleep on my shoulder, so I chose to stay there till he wakes.

Finnick comes down soon after and he takes a picture of us as I give him a look. Then when Blight gets done making breakfast Oakley wakes up quickly.

We eat breakfast then are led back to the train station. I say goodbye to Oakley and Blight and get onto the train. Next stop District 9.
_______________________________________

When we get to District 9, I look around at the giant place covered in grain farms.

I will meet the mayor and make my speech as usual. Barric's mother and sisters were crying the whole time and it hurt so much to watch.

Afterwards I ate lunch with 9's victors. Then I get on the train. Nothing interesting really happened at lunch.

After hours we ended up at District 6. There are several factories and train rails around. I give my speech and eat dinner with the victors from 6. Two of the victors are painters. The male, Justin, paints little fish on the side of my face. It was nice to have dinner with them. The victors are known to be morphling addicts, but they are very nice people that deserve more respect.
_______________________________________

We get back to the train station and I go straight to bed. Tomorrow morning, I have to go to District 3. Great.