Games days 6-7

⚠️Warning: death, blood ⚠️

The next morning, I woke up early. Barric was taking the last watch and eating the last half of his sandwich.

Ada was asleep with her head on his lap, and Ebony was still leaning against the tree stem sleeping as well.

I reach over to the bag with my sandwich in and eat my half. Barric and I start up a conversation while we wait.

Soon enough, Ada wakes up and decides to eat her last cinnamon roll and save her sandwich for later. Then Ebony wakes up about 20 minutes later.

We all decided that we are going to attempt to get the supplies for Ada's plan today. Ada plans what to do while Ebony and I sharpen our weapons.

Since Ada knows what to get and Barric is good with scavenging, they are going to get the stuff while Ebony and I guard or distract Jamila and Darrien.
_______________________________________

We pack our things and walk for almost half the day since we were far out in the forest. Finally, we got to the cornucopia.

We look out to see if it's clear the Barric and Ada run across to the cornucopia. Ebony then climbs a tree to keep looking out while I run across to protect them.

Ada gets one of the supplies but can't find the others, which she swears were there on the first day and no one else grabbed or needed.

Then I heard I noise and saw that Ebony was no longer in the tree. I look around, but she is nowhere in sight. That's when I heard her yell for my help.

I told the others to stay there and ran to the noise. Soon enough, I get to a cliffside where Ebony is fighting Darrien. Then Jamila jumps out and cuts my leg.

I fall over as blood trails down my leg. Jamila didn't look so good either. She had big scratch marks along her face, and her leg was hurt as well.

I pushed myself off the floor and jump on her. Her nails go into my arm, and I punch into her stomach. I hear a cry and look over to see Darrien and Ebony on the edge. That's when Jamila punched me straight in the face.

I lift her shoulders up and push her down to the ground, knocking her out instantly.

I slowly push myself up and try to limp to them to help Ebony, but I was too late, and Darrien throws her off the cliff. I hear long screaming as she falls to her death and then the thud and silence. Then the canon goes off.

I freeze, not wanting it to be true, and Darrien takes this as an opportunity to grab Jamila's unconscious body and run.

I watch as the jet flies overhead and picks up her body.
_______________________________________

I slowly limp my way back to the cornucopia and find the others. Then I collapse, and everything goes black.
_______________________________________

I wake up the next day with my head in Ada's lap. All my wounds were feeling better and were all wrapped up.

"How long was I out?" I asked with a raspy voice. Barric gives me some water and says it's only been a day and that Finnick had sent more medicine for my wounds.

I nod and sit up, looking down at my hands. I had failed to save Ebony. She was like a big sister to me. So, nurturing. And I failed to save her.

I eat my cinnamon roll and an apple. We didn't have the sandwiches anymore. Ada and Barric finished them before they spoiled.

"There is going to be a feast today." Ada states looking towards me. "They will give each District alive something they need. I'm guessing it will be the supplies we need."

I nod. We need to get that stuff. Ebony didn't die for nothing.
_______________________________________

At the time that was told we went to the arena and waited to see if District 1 was there.

I kept watch as Ada and Barric ran to get all our things. Then Darrien came into view. I was angry and wanted revenge but knew I had to keep the others safe first.

I waited until Ada and Barric were back to me and then threw one of my daggers into Darrien's thigh. It would help us and slow him down.

I'm guessing the thing he needed was medicine anyway since I recked Jamila up badly and she was already hurt before.
_______________________________________

We got back to our lake and Ada sat down, opening the care packages and crafting her bomb.

It took hours and my district sent a care package with more sandwiches for the three of us. Then Ada was done.

We finished our food and headed out to kill these assholes.
_______________________________________

Hours later we finally found them. It was getting dark, and Jamila and Darrien seemed somewhat healed from the medicine.

Ada told me she couldn't just throw it. It needed to be set manually.

She snuck in quietly, but Darrien noticed her. He grabbed her leg and pulled her down. Jamila then tried to stab her, but I jumped on her and we started wrestling again.

Barric tried to get Darrien, but Darrien grabbed Barric and hit his head against the floor, tossing him to the side and leaving him unconscious.

Ada bit his arm hard, and Darrien yelled out. She took this as her chance to grab him and roll both down the mountain.

Jamila and I stopped and looked over to them down the hill. Ada looked into my eyes, and I shook my head, then she pressed the button on the bomb and 3 seconds later it went off.

The explosion launched me and Jamila back and everything started to ring. I looked up to see Jamila stand and wobble away into the forest. Then I fell unconscious.
_______________________________________

I woke up a few hours later hearing the anthem. My eyes opened to see both Darrien and Ada's faces in the sky above. Then I heard crying.

I looked over and saw Barric crying in his knees. I tried to move but then yelped out in pain. Barric looked up and came over to me, pulling me in his arms and grabbing the medicine that Jamila had left.

He put the medicine on my side and forearm, and I relaxed. Then I brought him into a hug, and we cried over Ada together all night.
_______________________________________