Training and new Alliances

We go to the table and eat breakfast as Finnick gives me a rundown of how training goes and what to do. I can't show my strengths to the other tributes.

When we finished breakfast, Conway and I got in the elevator and went down to the basement floor where the training room is.

We walk in to see most of the other tributes already there. We wait for the last few districts to show, and then a woman gives us a rundown on the rules and other things like that. After we all split up to train.

Districts 1 and 2 immediately go to the Weapon area to show off their skills, Districts 6 and 7 go to the climbing area. The tributes from 6 don't seem to be good with climbing while the girl from 7 knew what they were doing. The boy was just watching now, so I wasn't sure about him.

The tributes from District 9 go over to this large screen with several different plants to study which ones are bad or good for different things.

The male from 8 and the girl from 10 are in the combat area while their partners watch.

The girl from 10 is way younger and around my age while the boy from 8 is probably 18, but the girl is still holding her own and jumps onto his back to push him down.

His partner just laughs at their antics. And soon after, the younger boy joins. It's good to see them having a little fun.

The boy from 12 is lifting and trying to throw things to bring his strength up while his partner is sparing with the boy from 11.

She is using knives while he is using a sword. The girl from 12 is watching and studying their movements.

I walk over to where the tributes from District 3 are. They're trying to set a fire. I sit next to Ada and help them as Conway leaves for the Weapon area to show his moves and try to get in with 1 and 2.

I roll my eyes. It doesn't seem like Conway will be helping me much in the games, so I need to try making an alliance.

Ada seems to like me, and after talking for a bit, we became good friends and allies.

Ada seems very intelligent. She says she's not very good with any weapon, but her weapon is her brain. She's good at scavenging and making plans along with building things so that will come in handy.

Link is very quiet and doesn't talk much, but I found out that he's good with knives. He's also good with scavenging and hiding because he's so quiet. He really is a sweet boy. He's a year older than me while Ada is 16.

Later, Link, Ada, and I went over to the climbing area where 7 still was trying to teach her partner how to climb. He was a young boy around 12 while she was way older, probably 18.

Ada started up a conversation with her and it seems like they have already talked a bit before. She introduced me to her, and I found out that her name is Ebony. Her partner Keith, also a quiet kid, talks to Link. They would probably be a good partnership.

I learn that Ebony is good with Axes and climbing which makes sense for her district and Keith can use throwing knives like I can.

Over the course of the day, we all became friends. These games will be hard.
_______________________________________

After a long day Conway and I finally got back to our apartment, and I go to take a shower. Once I get out, I dress in a black sweatshirt and shorts. Then went to dinner where Conway has decided to join us.

I ask him if he managed to get anywhere with 1 and 2 and it seems like a bust. I guess he'll be teamed with us after all. He's a strong guy and good with a sword so I don't mind him tagging along for a while.

Finally, after dinner I head to Finnick's room knowing that he probably will be the same as yesterday then collapse on his bed and fall asleep just as Finnick gets in bed.

"Good night sis," is all I hear as I drift off.