Mentoring (interviews)

The next few days go by quickly. Each day, I take the tributes to training, spend time with Oakley, and then go to private training. Then, the ratings come along.

That afternoon, I sat on the couch and waited with my tributes, Chloe, Brian, and Lila. Finally, Caesar Flickerman appears on the T.V. and reads out the ratings. Both my tributes got 10's. That's great. I can work with 10's.

Then we have a day of training for their interviews. They train separately, which they've been doing the whole time. They don't like each other much, so I doubt they will team up in the games. Lila trains them for part of the time, teaching them manners and things like that while I help them to get views. Murdoch can play the cocky, flirtatious route, and Aubrey goes down the charming, cute route.

There is only so much I can do before the interviews come. Chloe dresses Aubrey in a blue dress that goes to her knees and small jewels around her face and chest. Murdoch, on the other hand, just wears a simple dark blue suit.

Once I walk them to the line, I go to another room to sit and watch. Oakley is already there waiting, and I plop down next to him with a sigh. Oakley just quietly circles his arm around me and watches the tv.

Each district goes by quickly and is like every year. When it gets to my tributes, I'm already asleep. Oakley wakes me up when the interviews are over. And we both head to our tributes. When I walk into the dressing rooms, I see Murdoch and Aubrey fighting.

"What is happening here?" I asked loudly and both quietly and turn to me.

Aubrey points to Murdoch, "He called me gullible and Innocent."

"Because you are." Murdoch said and crossed his arms.

They start fighting again and I face plant into the couch. Why did I agree to this? I should have made Finnick do it.
——————————————————

After hours of this we finally got back to the apartment late at night, missing dinner. I ordered some crab legs and headed to my room. Soon enough an Avox knocks on my door and comes in with a tray of crab legs and bread rolls from district 4 with vinaigrette. I take the tray and send a thankful look towards her but don't say anything. You're not supposed to even acknowledge Avoxes but that just feels rude.

After eating, I leave to take a hot shower. As the hot water turns on I wash away the stress of the day. Tomorrow I'll need to take Aubrey and Murdoch to the cornucopia and possibly to their deaths.

I got out and put on some shorts and a crop top. Then I lay down and changed the remote to the beach. I fall asleep to the sound of waves washing the shore.
——————————————————

The next morning, I got up reluctantly and headed to the dining room. On the table is a large spread of food. Now is the last chance for the tributes to fill up before the games. Lila is already at the table along with Chloe and Brian.

I sat down and ate some delicious honey ham. Who knew ham could be this good.

Soon Aubrey skips in happily along with Murdoch slowly making his way in. Aubrey sits down and starts to chow down on some hash browns and Murdoch eats some bacon.

"Big day today" Lila states and Aubrey smiles wide.

"I can't wait to win this thing and become a star like Lorelie" Aubrey says confidently. Murdoch rolls his eyes and keeps eating.
——————————————————

After breakfast I lead them to the loading area and watch as they get onto the aircraft. Then I wait for the aircraft getting the mentors. Soon Cashmere walks up with Gloss, and she gives me a hug from behind as we wait. Over time all the other mentors joined us and the aircraft lands.

I sit down and Oakley sits down next to me. After an hour or two of flying we land and walk down to the dressing area. Brian had come to say goodbye to Murdoch, so I went to say goodbye to Aubrey. There she was in a black jacket and pants.

I walk in and she immediately smiles and runs up to me, giving me a hug. I pat her back gently and when we retract, I give her token to her. It's a pink seashell necklace.

I put it on her and walked her to the tube. She sighs deeply and gives me another hug. "See you on the other side" is all she says before she steps onto the tube, and it starts to go up.

Time for the games.