Tour (Districts 3, 12, and 8)

The next morning, Finnick wakes me up. And I go to take a hot shower. Before my shower, I take a picture of the face painting and send it to Nixie. Then I step into the shower and wash it off.

After I get out, I step into my room with a towel around me to see my prep team just sitting and waiting for me. They get up and swarm me like animals about to attack. Margaret puts my hair into space buns, Abigail paints my nails dark blue, and George does my makeup naturally. Then Chloe dresses me in a dark blue dress.

The train comes to a stop as we get to District 3. Chloe and my prep team hung back as Lila, Finnick, and I stepped out of the train.

I'm led to the stage and say the usual speech as I look to the families of Link and Ada.

After the speech, I met Beetee and Wiress. I can see the resemblance Ada had with Wiress. He is a very intelligent man during are breakfast he tried to explain his work, but I didn't quite understand. Wiress was very intelligent as well but also was mentally unstable from her games.

A lot of the things the two would talk about I didn't really get. At one point, Finnick had asked them what they have been up to recently, and Beetee went on to talk about a lot of inventions he has made or is making. They sounded interesting but confusing.

After breakfast, we said goodbye and went back to the train, heading for District 12.

District 12 had only two victors over the years, and one of them was dead. The other one was Haymitch, known for being Penem's biggest drunk. Every year at the Reaping, he always becomes the comedy for the capital.

When we get to District 12, it is clearly the poorest district. I feel so bad for all these people. They don't deserve this.

I go to the stage and make the speech. I didn't know Riz and Colby well. I never spoke to them. I finish my speech and go back into the building where we wait for Haymitch to show. After a while of waiting, we just end up going to his house.

We knock on Haymitch's door, and after a minute, he opens the door, holding a half drank bottle in his hand. Then he just shuts the door on our face. We just go back to the train and head to District 8.

I go to my room and lay on my bed, drifting off to sleep.
_______________________________________

I wake up after a few hours and eat a small snack since I didn't eat lunch. Finnick comes out, and we talk for a while. When we finally made it to District 8, we got out and get into the car to drive us to the justice building.

The place is covered in factories, and the sky is covered in smoke. As usual, I made my speech and headed inside to meet the victors of this district.

Cecilia and Woof are district 8's victors and are very nice people. Woof is an older man in his late 60's and is hard of hearing. Cecilia, on the other hand, is 28. She is holding her newborn baby while carrying her toddler in a holder on her back, and her oldest child, who is 3, is standing beside her holding her leg.

Finnick goes over to them and introduces me. I am also introduced to Cecilia's children. The 3-year-old is Wyatt, the toddler is Belle, and the adorable baby that Cecilia lets me hold is Sutton.

We eat dinner, and I hold Wyatt on my lap as we play boring games. Cecilia seems like such a good mother, and her children are so cute and sweet. I told Cecilia that I would love to babysit sometimes, and we agreed to stay in touch.

We stayed the night there that night, and the next morning, we left for District 11. We're almost done with the tour, and I'm glad. This tour is emotionally exhausting.

I go to the end car and look out the large window, singing a song as we leave.
_______________________________________