Tour (Districts 11, 10, Capitol)

After a couple hours of riding, we make it to District 11. The place is full of beautiful orchards and farms and herds of dairy cattle.

I go to the stage and make my speech, then go into the building. When I got inside, I met Seeder and Chaff.

Seeder is in her mid-50's but still looks very healthy and didn't turn to alcohol or drugs like a lot of victors. She is a very kind and caring woman.

Chaff is a nice man who is good friends with Haymitch since he also suffers from alcoholism. He lost an arm in the games but refused to get a prosthetic, which I think says a lot about the man.

We have a nice brunch with them, then head back to the train station.
_______________________________________

We make it to District 10 around 6 pm and get out of the train. The place is full of animals on farms.

As usual, I make a speech and go to eat an early dinner with District 10's victors.

After dinner, we get back on the train and leave for the capital. That night, I took a hot shower and changed into a nightgown before jumping into bed and reading a book. After an hour, I fell asleep. Tomorrow, I'm going back to the capital. I wonder how it will go.
_______________________________________

The next morning, I'm woken up early by my prep team, who once again takes an hour waxing my whole body.

During this all talk about "modifications" to make on my body. I hate the idea of changing my body. I like how it is, but I know with what job I'll be forced into, I'll probably be forced to do this too. I tell my team I want to at least wait till I'm 16 to make modifications, not wanting it to affect my body in a bad way when I'm older.

Margaret puts my hair in braids going to a bun, Abigail makes me wear acrylic sharp blue nails, with starfish gems and pearls, and George does my makeup with blue and light purple eyeshadow and light lip gloss on my lips. Then Chloe dresses me in a cute blue dress and gold jewelry.

I go to the eating cart and sit down with the others. We ate my favorite food, egg and crab muffins. Then we see the train pull into the capital's station.

We hear cheering outside, and as I step out, there are several people cheering out for me. I wave to everyone and blow a kiss to them as I step into the limo with Lila and Finnick. We go to the stadium where Caesar is, and I sit down with him and have a small interview.

"So, Lorelei, now that you have made it and are here in the capital, what now?" Caesar asks, and I think for a little before saying, "I would love to start singing." Back home, I loved to sing. Of course, the only people who heard me were my family and Nixie, but I always wanted to be known for it.

"Well, I'm sure you'll be a star! What do you think, everyone?" The crowd cheers, and I genuinely smile. Maybe I can make this work for me.
_______________________________________

Lila takes me to my new apartment that is near Finnick's. My prep team cleans off my makeup and lets down my hair as they prepare me for the party Snow is throwing for me at his palace.

George does my makeup in cyan eyeshadow with light golden glitter and matching golden eyeliner, I also have light blush and pink lip gloss.

Abigail keeps my nails the same, and Margaret puts my hair in a beautiful braid style shaped like a flower.

Chloe comes in and dresses me a white and cyan dress that has pretty designs around my chest and shoulders, along matching heals

I look in the mirror at my look, and I love it

I exited my room and saw Finnick standing there in a blue suit along with Lila in a red dress that looked like a giant rose and very extravagant makeup.

We go down to the limo and hop in. It takes us to the capital palace, and when we step out, it's amazing.

The giant water fountains on both sides are glowing ocean blue, and the lighting around was beautiful. There is spraying water up the sides and a crowd of people waiting for me. Lila leads us as I walk down with Finnick behind me. Everyone around me claps a cheer as some people reach out to touch my hair and shoulders, which makes me uncomfortable, but I just keep a smile on my face.

At the front of the building, there is a big pool where water dancers are doing a beautiful routine, and a table of champagne, cakes, and other sweets are.

Meric and Walter came up to me and gave me a hug. Walter helped cook some of the food here, and I take note to try the things he mentions. Meric leaves when a pretty girl comes up to him that he seems to know, and Meric and Finnick start a conversation.

Beetee comes to great me but then leaves to go speak to some business partners, and I run into several of district one. I asked Cashmere to stay with me for a while, and she agreed. Cashmere leads me around the place and introduces me to people and tells me to stay away from some others.

I get Cashmere to eat a lot of Walter's food with me, and she tells me that she needs to check out his restaurant sometime. At one point, Cashmere drinks something and asks me to excuse her as she heads towards the bathroom.

I sit by one of the tables awkwardly as a bunch of strangers try to speak to me. Some music artists and agents that saw my interview came up to me and give me their number, and I thank them.

After a bit, Oakley comes up to me, and I give him a big hug, thanking him for coming.

"Of course. Couldn't let you be here without a date, now, could I?" He jokes and links his arm with mine.

We eat a bit more food and are joined by Cashmere again. Cashmere takes photos of all of us and posts the best ones online.

After half an hour, the anthem goes off. And I look around a little panicked. The last time I heard that was when I was in the games.

Oakley notices and ropes his arm around my waist and whispers in my ear that the president is coming out and that nothing is wrong. I lean into Oakley a bit and look to the balcony where President Snow is standing.

"Tonight, on this the last day of her tour, I want to welcome our new victor. One young woman who embodies are ideals of strength and valor. And your songs make it into our hearts." The crowd cheers as Snow finishes his speech and fireworks explode above us. I hold onto Oakley's arm around me as the fireworks go off, but when I notice Snow still looking at me, I push Oakley's arm away gently and watch Snow nod and smile.

I hung out with Oakley, Finnick, Blight, and Cashmere the rest of the night, and when the party is over, I head back to my apartment. I ask Finnick to stay in the guest room since I don't want to be here alone, and he agrees, already having a few changes of clothes knowing I would want that.

I go to clean off the makeup and put my hair down before stepping into the shower. Afterwards I dress in some pj's and lie on my new bed. I would have to design my apartment soon since I probably will be staying here often.

I take out my phone and thank Oakley and Cashmere for staying by my side all night and say goodnight along with liking Cashmere's posts and posting a few pictures myself.

My phone chimes and I see a text from Oakley.

"Of course. Sleep well, Starfish⭐️" is all he texts. And I drift off to sleep.