Chapter 9. It must be Bruno's kid

In courent days

The whole family was looking at the new doors. It was a sight they never expected. One had an „L" on the doorknob, and the other had a „D", but who could they be?

They haven't known about any five-year-old Madrigal kids. Esme, Esther, and Sierra already had a door and a gift, while Oscar was only three years old and Aurora and Carlos were only two months old.

- They must be Bru... – Félix wnated to say, but stoped. He was caught off by Abuela's deathful glare – Bruno's kids. – he finished the sentence, giving his suegra a glare back.

- Félix! – Pepa looked at her husband, a cloud forming above her head.

- What? This is the only logical answer. – he fought back – He met a woman and started a new family. Maybe he didn't even realize the kids would get rooms in the house as well. – Félix said it with every ounce of confidence he had in him.

Abuela was just staring at the door. She was angry at Casita. The first door actually appeared around eight years ago. Casita hid it, just like Abuela asked, but it seems that Casita had enough.

But now there was a second one as well?

- What if the kids are Mirabel's? – Julieta's weak sound was heard, shaking, about to cry. Everyone looked at her.

It made sense now that they'd taken it into consideration. By this time, Mirabel must have reached the age of twenty-five. She could have a family. Not even talking about the fact that Camilo already had a nine-year-old daughter, and he was only a few months older.

- Mi amour? – Agustin looked at his wife with a worried look.

- Excuse me. – and she rushed off to her room, followed by her husband.

Abuela also left, huffing. She was angry at Casita. Her orders were followed until now. Why couldn't Casita just keep following them?

The Madrigal grandkids just stared at the door. They had no words. They knew that the kids were Mirabel's. Bruno spent the last twenty years living within the walls of Casita, and he hasn't talked with anyone except Dolores for the first ten years. He doesn't have kids. Mirabel's having a family was the only thing that could happen.

Isabella left the schene next. She knew she was about to break down, just like the day her hermana left. Luisa noticed her strange behavior and followed close behind to make sure she was fine.

Camilo singed to Dolores and Antonio to meet at Bruno's place, and Antonio sent rats to tell Bruno and call Araya. After Mirabel left, the Madrigal grandkids made up a sign sistem out of simple, unnoticeable movements and sounds to communicate, without the parents understanding.

It scared them to see how much they bonded over a tragedy. At least there was something they could bond over and finally meet their tío.

- What do you mean, Mirabel has kids? How would you guys even know that? – Bruno asked, trying to process what Camilo told him. – Is this one of your pranks?

- It's not. – Dolores replied – There are two blank doors, waiting to be opened by someone whose name starts with an „L" and a „D".

- What should we do tío? – Antonio looked at him, waiting for guidance. For him, the „nice rat man" was like a third parent figure. Heck, he raised him after Mirabel left. He was more Antonio's parent than either of his real parents.

- I...I don't know. – Bruno replied to his sobrino. – Wish I could know. – this sentence made the bystander Araya think.

- Then we should get to know more. – everyone looked at her, not understanding what she meant.

- Araya? I don't understand. – Bruno chuckled with an awkward smile, knowing exactly what she meant.

- Have another vision! – Araya explained. Everyone was shocked to hear her suggestion.

- What? No! Absolutely not! Do you even know what the people say? „Ugh, Bruno makes bad things happen; oh, he's creepy, and his vision killed my goldfish." So no more visions! – Bruno tried to talk the others out of the idea, but with no success.

- Oh, come on, Bruno! They talk shit about me and Antonio as well. Is any of that true? No! – Araya tried to reason with Bruno.

- Please tío! What if this is the only chance we can see Mirabel again? – Camilo begged Bruno. He looked at them, realizing he didn't have that much of a choice.

- Fine. But where? My room is a mess! It collapsed when Sierra got all the kids to explore it, and I need a wide open space. – Bruno had his last try to avoid the task.

The kids started to think. Is there a place hidden enough for Bruno to use it?

- You could use my room. – Antonio said, excited to finally see Bruno's gift in action.

- Well then, - Bruno said, lacking the least of exitment in his tone – I need sand.