chapter 10. The vision after the last one

Dolores, Araya, and Camilo sat down on the floor of Antonio's room, while Bruno poured sand in a sircle.

- Are you guys sure this will work out? I mean... – Bruno took a deep breath – I mean, my gift... well... you know.

- We know that you can do it! – Antonio cheered for his tío, giving him the jaguar plush he got from Mirabel, then sat next to the others. Bruno examined it for a moment. – This always helps me calm down. – Antonio gave his tío a big smile.

- Alright. But don't blame me if you see something you don't want to see! – Bruno sat down. He took a deep breath, threw salt over his shoulder, and then started lighting four small piles of herbs. – You guys might want to hang on.

The kids took Bruno's hand, and the sand around them formed something hurricane-like. It was so strong, it drove Antonio's birds away.

Bruno's eyes started to glow green, and his door started to shine, drawing Julieta and Agustin's attention, who were searching for the kids.

The sand started to form different shapes. It revealed a woman's figure. She was wearing a hooded cape and had a basket in her hand.

All of a sudden, something scared her, making her turn around, take her hood down, and reveal her curly hair and face, decorated with round glasses.

- Mirabel? – Dolores wispered, seeing her prima for the first time in years.

- Wow. She's prettier than I thought. – Araya added, seeing the lost Madrigal for the first time.

Then the vision showed another woman. Her face was covered with scars; she even seemed blind on her right. She was fighting against solgiers, who were dragging her away.

- Who the hell is that? – Camilo asked

The vision jumped to another scene, where the same woman was beaten up, bleading from multiple places, helped by a shorter woman with curly hair, wearing a skull mask, and having a fan in her hand. Than the shorter woman's fan caught fire. It seemed she was threatening someone with it, protecting the previous woman.

Once again, an approximately 25-year-old Mirabel showed up in front of the broken Casita, but all of a sudden, Casita turned into a different house. It looked like it was thrown together from different houses. Still, it was way smaller than Casita.

A few seconds later, Mirabel's facial expression changed from worried to frightened, and she started to scream, falling to her knees, as the house behind her caught on fire.

- I have to stop! – Bruno yelled.

- You can't stop now! The other house must be hers! It must mean she's in dander! We have to know where she is! – Camilo yelled back to his tío.

- You see what I see, right? It won't get any better! You guys all know it just won't!

- Look! Look! There's a yellow butterfly! – Antonio pointed this out. Bruno was speechless for a split second.

- Follow the butterfly! Follow the butterfly! – he said excitedly. He never had a vision of any color except green.

The yellow buterfly landed on the scared woman's finger. She seemed just fine, gardening. As the vision progressed, they noticed that Isabella was happily gardening next to her, wearing some unfamiliar clothes. A little girl, around the age of five, was sitting in the lady's lap, pointing at different plants and talking to Isa.