Chapter 21

Louise's POV

I stare at her delicate face as she sleeps, both her arms tightly hugging her pillow against her naked chest — makes me a bit jealous. Last time I was the one she was hugging like this, and now I can clearly see it wasn't quite intentional. But still incredibly cute although I'm one hundred percent sure she'll cuss me out once she wakes up and sees me staring like a creep, but I just can't seem to be able to take my eyes off of her, as much as of a cliche that sounds.

I sigh, slowly and quietly getting up from her bed, trying to find something I could cover myself with, settling with my panties and my very wrinkled button-down shirt that nearly got ripped off of me yesterday.

Breakfast. I have to prove my worth, and there's nothing women like more than breakfast in bed — I know I do — even though my cooking skills are... questionable, at most so I won't even bother trying to cook something, especially in a kitchen I'm not familiar with. I fish my phone from under her bed and order the breakfast special from the coffee shop I know she usually eats breakfast at, given the unholy amount of coffee cups she brings with her from there and into the office.

I look for utensils and something to put them on as I wait for the food, a tray of some sort that I find under the sink. This both looks like a fun hunt and an invasion of privacy, even though all I'm doing is opening kitchen cabinet doors — you never know if someone's hiding something suspicious in them. Although I can't see Esther's delicate hands covered in blood, I have a feeling she'd be disgusted by it.

But I'm also incredibly biased when it comes to her. I would have never thought I'd get to see the sight of her eating a messy hamburger with her hands, or her being so good at pool you'd think she spends all her afternoons at bars. All of these little things are just proof of how little I know about her.

My thoughts are interrupted by a notification on my phone, telling me the delivery man has already left the food at the door. By my request, of course. I can't open the door looking like this, so I make sure he has completely left before retrieving it.

I lay the tray at the end of the bed, slowly making my way to her and planting small kisses along her shoulder and neck. "Morning," I whisper into her ear as she hums, finally waking up.

"Morning," she says in a low voice, looking up at me with confused eyes for just an instant before realizing I had spent the night. "What time is it?"

"We still have plenty of time, don't worry."

"You're always late, I'm not sure if I should trust in your perspective of 'plenty of time'," she says, sitting up and checking the clock on her bedside table.

"See?" I grin as she looks back at me and then at the tray at the end of the bed.

"Are you trying to make me feel bad about leaving without bringing you anything last time?" She lifts her eyebrows. "Because if you are, I'll let you know I have no remorse."

"I'm not," I push the tray closer to her. "I'm just a gentlewoman."

She picks up the dandelion I had brought yesterday —- with the action it ended up falling on the floor, getting completely forgotten until I spotted it on my way to the kitchen. I just couldn't leave it there or throw it away, even though it's a flower I picked up on my way here. It has such a nice color, I can't let it go to waste.

"You're such a dork," she murmurs, tracing her finger along its petals before clearing her throat, talking in a clearer tone. "Should I worry about what you bought?"

"Bland coffee, toast, and a donut — glazed," I say, pointing to each item. "It's hard to go wrong with that, and if I did then that's on you, weirdo," I joke, making her squint her eyes at me.