Chapter 33

We finish our dinner with Louise doing her best to keep the conversation going, and even though I don't want to admit it, I'm still hung up on the whole relationship proposal thing. She probably is as well, her eyes darting away from mine nervously whenever we hold eye contact. And even though the atmosphere wasn't uncomfortable for most of our dinner, I can't help but feel like I've ruined an otherwise perfect date.

"Do you want to go anywhere?" she asks as soon as we step out of the restaurant, gently rubbing her thumb over my hand, a silent indication that she wants to hold it, but before I can react to it she shoves it in her pocket instead. "Yua's bar? It's been a while since you've kicked my ass in a pool match."

I can't help but laugh, "I have a feeling you just like losing."

"I like seeing you play," she shrugs her shoulders, leading the way to the car. "You look the sexiest when you have that competition glint in your eyes."

"How so? There is not a whole lot of competition going on when playing against you."

"Even then," she shakes her head, holding the door open for me. "I really love that side of you."

I give her a half smile, not sure how to answer. "Let's go, then."

"Are you sure?" she asks, her eyebrows raised as she sits beside me in the car. "Are you not cold?"

"Absolutely freezing."

"Here," she says, taking her blazer off.

"Are you crazy?" I say, grabbing it by the lapel before she can do so, closing it tightly around her. "You'd be naked without it."

"I'm not cold."

"We're not going to a bar filled with lesbians with you wearing just that, they'd jump on you."

She simply looks at me with a soft smile on her lips. "I'm pretty sure all their eyes are going to be on you. Take the jacket."

"You can't tell me you're not going to be cold in that top."

"With such a hottie by my side? How can I be cold?" She grins, wrapping her blazer around my shoulders. "How come, you look even sexier now."

I don't answer as I feel my face heat up. She doesn't say anything either, leaning closer and kissing my lips softly before starting the car.

Louise's hand is on my thigh the moment we're out of the parking lot, and even though I should be used to her touchy nature, I'm still as flustered as ever. I can't help but feel self-conscious about every small gesture, and every time she catches my eyes on her I feel like I'm about to explode.

We don't say much during the ride, she hums to the song on the radio and taps her fingers on my thigh to the beat. I simply watch her in silence, finding it hard to look away.

It's not long before we arrive at the bar, the place is as crowded as usual as Louise takes me by the hand to the back, where I can see Yua prepping a pool table.

She smiles as she sees us approaching. "Right on time."

"What a coincidence," Louise says, taking the cue stick from her hand.

"You didn't message me or anything, it's just that I had this gut feeling you two were going to be here," she says sarcastically, looking at me with a raised eyebrow. "What a coincidence indeed."

"Are you playing?" I ask, picking a cue for myself.

"I'm afraid you'll have to stick with Louise for a while, it's 2000s night, got stuff to do before the DJ comes around and all these lesbians go feral once 'I Kissed a Girl' starts playing," she says, taking the rack off the table. "Be nice to her."