Part 6: The secret date

As you and Ethan were almost there, he pulled a blindfold out of his pocket and put it over your eyes. As you gripped onto his arm, "He has huge muscles, how come I never noticed this before???" you said to yourself. You noticed you were off the hard pavement, and walking on something softer. Sand? Grass? You couldn't tell. You were so curious to what he was leading you too, stumbling and almost falling over every second. "Are we almost there? Can I take off this blindfold, I'm gonna fall!" you say with a smile, to Ethan. "Yes, a few more steps and you can take off the blindfold." he says eagerly. After walking a little bit more, you all of a sudden stopped. "Okay now take it off."  You slowly take off the blindfold, revealing a beach, but with a large blanket on top of it, with candles, stringed lights, and all your favorite foods. Even better, the sun was almost set, and right above it you could almost see the stars. "Ethan... this is.. beautiful! Thank you, this means so much!" you say, throwing yourself into his arms, as he spins you around, both of you having huge smiles. 

Then out of nowhere you see a flash. You turn around to see Chad and Tara with a polaroid camera. "What are you guys doing here?" you say so confused, but still with a huge smile on your face. "We helped Ethan set up, he wanted to make sure everything was perfect. He asked Tara but I had to come along because everyone knows I make everything more fun." Chad says cockily. "Wait we're at the beach, I don't have a swim suit!" you say, now upset since you wanted to go swimming. "I got you don't worry." Tara says, handing you an orange swim suit. "Tara you're the best, thank you." hugging her for being so supportive and helping you through everything since Wes died. "Of course y/n, I'm just glad that you're happy again. I would do anything to keep it that way." You hugged her again. "Okay okay now go have your date and have fun." "Thank you again." "Mhm, oh and if you can, could you save some of that cheesecake? It looks so good." Tara whispered into your ear. "I was planning on it." you said winking at her before she walked off. "I hope you like it y/n. I truly did want it to be perfect." Ethan said nervously, his confidence shooting down by the second. "Ethan. This is more than perfect. This is everything." you reassure him with a smile, making him smile. "Let's go eat, I bet you haven't ate all day." "Nope!" you say making Ethan laugh as he already knew. You guys go to sit down, and you set your bathing suit on the ground next to you. You start eating the food, and oh my gosh, it was delicious. Everything was just perfect. This date. The beach. Ethan. Everything, but mostly Ethan. "You done eating?" Ethan asked. "Yeah, um is there any place I can put on my bathing suit?" "Yeah, there's a bathroom just up from where we entered." "Okay thank you." You got up running to the bathroom, excited to swim since it's been so long. You quickly put on the bathing suit Tara gave you. It was a two piece, but it was a fancy one where it could easily be a bikini or full coverage. The orange making you're skin color pop and you're eyes. Tara knew you so well. 

You finished getting dressed and walked quickly back down to the beach, seeing Ethan already in his swim trunks, facing the sun, minutes away from being fully set. You ran behind him, trying to scare him but it failed. "You gotta try a lot harder than that to scare me y/n." "Ugh whatever, let's just get in the water." The water was freezing but you didn't mind it, knowing Ethan would radiate heat of his body. "I haven't had a date like this in so long. This truly is amazing Ethan. You're amazing." you said while slowly turning to face Ethan. The sun was basically set at this point but still gave off enough sunlight to see his blush and they way his eyes gleamed at you. "Thank you y/n, I'm really glad you enjoyed it. Don't forget we still have dessert we need to eat though. This time I made the brownies." he said with a smile. "Oh look at you, Ethan the chef." "Well I wanted it to be good, not half-ass." "You know I would appreciate anything." "I know but it doesn't mean you don't deserve the best y/n."  he said so seriously. That made your heart skip a beat, almost making you forget how to breathe. No one has ever said that to you. Not even Wes. Wes wasn't a bad boyfriend but he kept everything to himself. You loved Ethan, loved how he would admit anything, even if it made him seem pathetic. "Let's go back to the picnic, I'm freezing."  you said nervously, internally slapping yourself for saying that. He just said the sweetest thing ever and you just complained about how cold you were. What the fuck.

You guys were out the water, back at the picnic, with a towel wrapped around your shoulders. Grabbing the brownies, you put one into your mouth. Holy mother of turtles, it was so good. Better than yours. Maybe he was really a secret chef. "Ethan these brownies are delicious, where the hell did you find a recipe like this?" "I found it from my mom, she's the best cook and baker I know." "Damn, mind sending me the recipes, these are so good." you said shoving the brownie into your mouth. "Nope, family secret." he said, giving you a grin. "I'll figure it out one day." you say giving him a glare. Finishing the brownie, you starting to lay down and look at the stars. Ethan soon after you. "I love the stars so much." you say while looking at the stars with admiration. "Me too." he said back, turning to you. Ethan found you way more beautiful than the stars. He could stare at you forever and not get bored. You could feel his eyes on you, so you turn towards him, his eyes still on you. "Thank you again Ethan." "Of course." you both smiled and sat back up. "Oh wait hold on you still have some food-" he said cutting himself off while pulling his thumb up to your face, wiping off whatever was still on your face, probably brownie. "Oh thank you." you said trying to hide your blush. "Hey um y/n?" "Yes Ethan?" "Can I ask you something?" "Of course you can ask me anything." 

You turn to him, showing him that you were fully listening to what he was about to say. "W-will you be my girlfriend?" You couldn't believe it. What you've wanted for so long is finally happening. You got lost into your thoughts, not even noticing you were taking forever to answer, leaving him nervous. "Y/n?"  "Oh shit sorry, Ethan I would love to be." you say with a smile. He smiled back while putting his hand on your cheek, pulling into a kiss. Your lips mashing against each other, as if they were made more each other. You put your hands into his curls, getting deep into the kiss. The moon shining onto the both of you, this moment feeling so special. You pulled away, looking into his eyes. "You don't know how long I've been wanting this." you admit, with no shame. "Me too y/n." he admit back, this time you pulling him in for a kiss. You guys eventually laid down, cuddling on the sand, talking about any subject. Falling asleep with no care in the world about tomorrow.

-------------------------------------------------------

AN: I don't know how i feel about this chapter, i feel like i was super sloppy with it, i felt bad for not posting yesterday, i was busy so i made time so i could write this. i hope you guys liked it and i will post another chapter tomorrow!