Part 9: Living hell

After the cops showed up at the Bodega, you had to be questions by the cops, make sense when you were literally a witness in a crime scene. You, Tara, and Sam were in one of the rooms of the police department, waiting for someone to walk in. You heard the door open, making you look up from laying your head on your arms. You waited for him to say something as the man sat down. It was Detective Bailey, Quinn's dad. "This was found at the scene of the body in the apartment crime scene. DNA says it belonged to someone named Richie Kirsch? Sound familiar?" He asked, putting the mask down before looking at Sam. "We're familiar with him." Sam replied, looking shocked at hearing her very ex-boyfriends name. 

"The one that attacked us had a different mask on, it was more beaten up, like it was old, aged." Tara added. "Huh. Well police policy, I gotta ask, do you have alibis for last night?" The detective looking at all three of you while asking. "We were all in the apartment with our friends, celebrating that we passed our exams, but Sam was at her therapist before-hand, then came straight to our apartment." "Yeah, I can give you his information." You leaned back, crossing your arms as you were already tired of this. "We were with people all night." Tara added on. "So, our roommates dad, just happened to get our case?" Sam suspicious of the detective. Honestly you don't blame her. Something was definitely off about him. "Must be a crazy coincidence right?" Yeah this dude is super suspicious. "The original detective who had this case offered it to me, since it involved Quinn, but if it makes you uncomfortable, I can totally send it back. Up to you." He finished adding a smile. "It's whatever, can we just hurry this up?" You just wanted to go to bed, sleep this off and hope it was a dream.

"Well we found your license planted in the apartment next to the dead body, it has to be someone close to you. How long have you known your friends?" He said making you think, no way it could be any of them. "Me, Tara, Sam, Mindy, and Chad all moved her together like 6 months ago, Anika, Quinn, and my boyfriend Ethan, all since then." You watched the detectives reaction as you said that, you could've swore you saw his nostrils flare, they weren't doing that before. Weird. "Well I think I can vouch for Quinn." You and Tara looked at each other after he said that. "Do any of you might have someone who might want to target you." "No one who is still alive." Tara just as tired of this as I am. "Yikes." Before the detective could continue, the door opened again. "The FBI is here." A different police officer said. You all sighed as this wasn't ending as quick as you wanted it to. You stayed sat down until you heard the words "Hi. I'm special agent Kirby Reed. I'm with the FBI." Kirby was basically your sister. No one else in the friend group, except Sam, knew Kirby. Sam only knew Kirby because they were in high school together in different classes. Kirby would come to visit you all the time when your parents were away, she wasn't your actual sister but she was your babysitter and just never left your life, she was also one of the first people to comfort you about Wes. 

You instantly got out of your seat to greet Kirby, Tara and Sam following behind you. "Kirby?!" you said with a smile, walking up the Kirby to give her a hug. "Hey y/n, hey Sam. Tara." she said while hugging you. The detective asked how you all knew each other and gave him a quick explanation. Kirby and Bailey have a quick conversation before Bailey being given another mask. "This was the mask at the bodega, DNA says two individuals named Charlie Walker and Jill Roberts, both deceased." Bailey answered, reading off the bag it was in. "The ghostface killers of 2011. Charlie Walker was the one to give me this." Kirby lifting up her shirt far enough to see her scar. You cried the first time you heard of it when you were a kid, crying thinking she wouldn't make it. "Like I said I take a special interest, is this the mask he was wearing when he attacked you?" "No." "He's leaving them on purpose." "Which means who ever is doing this, is a student of the killers who came before. Maybe he believes Sam is the latest in a long line." Kirby says, making you even more exhausted. 

"Yeah. Good luck with that, we're getting out of town." Sam says, grabbing you and Tara's arm, ready to walk out the door. "You can't, you're all person of interest in a double homicide." Kirby agreeing with Bailey. You didn't even listen to what they had to say you just wanted to leave the fucking place, so you all walk out, just to be bombarded by reporters, saying so many unnecessary things. Why did they have to be so cruel?? It was until you stopped your tracks when you heard a familiar voice. "Gale Weathers, channel 4. Do you guys think you're the reason ghostface has come to the big apple?" This bitch had some nerve coming at you guys like that. Not only is she blaming this on us, but she's acting like she didn't write a book about what happened, and saying shit about Sam. Sam just as annoyed tried hitting Gale, but not connecting as Gale was able to dodge. "Nice try sweetie, but I've done this dance befor-" Getting cut off of her sentence after you punch her in the face, making her fall back a bit. "Stay away from us." Tara adding to your punch as you three started walking back to that taxi. You had a squabble with Gale, sending low blows back and forth to each other. Thankfully Sidney wasn't coming though, as Gale confirmed. 

You three were finally in the taxi on your way back home after the most horrible night any of you guys have had in a long time. You started texting Ethan as you finally had the chance, seeing he blew up your phone. So many questions as you scrolled down them all, eventually all ending from this morning. You send him a message saying you were alright, just been stuck in the police apartment all day after being attacked by ghostface but none of you guys were hurt. Just exhausted. You noticed he isn't replying as fast. Maybe he stayed up all night and was still asleep? He will get back to you when he can, but it was still odd. You guys are finally back at your apartment, Anika, Mindy, Chad, all still there as they stayed the night at your apartment until you guys got back. Where was Ethan? Chad then came from the kitchen from hearing the door open, smiling as soon as he saw you guys were back. Mindy and Anika came into the living room as well, after Chad yelling for them. You all explained what happened to the three as they weren't there, telling them how ghostface was back and you couldn't leave. 

After that, you walked into the kitchen, were Chad was scanning the fridge for something to drink. "Hey Chad? Do you happen to know where Ethan is? He's clearly not here and he isn't responding to my text messages." you say worried. "Oh yeah, he said he had to go to the library to help some girl study." Wait what? Since when did he help tutor someone else? Especially a girl. And why didn't he tell you? You guys told each other everything. "Wait a girl? I thought I was the only girl he tutored, the only one he tutored in general." you say now confused and a bit mad. "Hold on, he never told you about this? This has been going on right after you guys started dating." Chad now also confused, thinking you already knew about this. "I was never informed about this. Is that why he is sometimes forgetting about our hang outs? He always said it was because HE had to study, not help someone else to study. What the fuck?" You then pulled out your phone, slamming your fingers on your little screen, with the name "Ethan <3" at the top. "So when were you going to tell me about this girl you have been tutoring for months?" Oh this should be fun.

-------------------------------------------------

AN: And let it began, hope you guys liked this chapter, let me know if I ever give to much detail, i dont want to bore you guys at all. Also I decided to make this book more fun and have a real ending, but with some alternate ones, so you guys can choose which ending you want! I will have a true ending and then two alternates. Hope you guys like the idea because I love it. This chapter is a little bit longer than the others, but i hope you guys enjoyed it anyways and please please please give feedback! Hope you guys had a good day and i will see you tomorrow with the new chapter! <3