Part 10: Who the fuck is Kate?!

You were so upset with Ethan. You weren't mad he is tutoring another girl, well not SUPER mad, but it was the fact he was lying about it and cancelled plans for her just to tutor her. Who was his real priority here? Even Chad was surprised you didn't know about this. He would've told you sooner if he knew you didn't know. You trust him, but this made you question.

You:  "So when were you going to tell me about this girl you have been tutoring for months?"
E: "Chad told you?"
You: "Yeah he did. And thank God he did cause what the fuck."
E: "Y/n it's not what you think."
You: "You sure? It must be something if you never told me about it."
E: " Because I knew you would make it a bigger deal than it already is. You're so over dramatic."
You: "Excuse me? If I'm so over dramatic and make a big deal of everything, then why are you dating me?"
E: "Y/n, I didn't mean it like that."
You: "You know what? Whatever, tutor her. But you didn't have to lie about it for months when we were supposed to tell each other everything."

He sent you more texts that you didn't even bother to open. How could he. You forgot Chad was here while you got carried away texting Ethan, so you decided to ask him more about this girl. "Hey Chad, could you tell me more about this girl? Like her name and stuff." You say sitting down right next to him. "Um yeah sure I guess, she's in chemistry with me. Her name is Kate. She's pretty smart, one of the top students in all her classes, so I don't really know why she needs a tutor in the first place." Chad said, looking you in the eye meaning he was being as honest as he could be. "What the hell? Top of her classes and needs a tutor? No fucking way. She wants Ethan." "Ohhhh yeah that makes more sense now." Chad said with a smile, finally figuring out the reason as if he's been thinking about this for a while. "Thank you Chad." You pat his head as if he was a dog, he seemed amused though. 

E: "Y/n, please answer me I'm sorry. I left the tutoring early so we could hang out and talk. Please."
You: "Fine. But I'm still upset. Just met me at the cafe in 15 minutes and we can hang out there."
E: "Okay, thank you."

The cafe was just 10 minutes away to you took a second to fix yourself up, you already looked great, just had to fix someone make up and get shoes on. You started walking, although you couldn't help but overthink. What made Kate so much better than you that he would lie to you for her? Was she prettier? Funnier? Less annoying? The thoughts made you want to tear up, but you pushed them down, not wanting Ethan to feel even more bad for you than he already did. You got there before him, looking at the menu, waiting for him to get here. It's been 20 minutes, you see him run into the door with flowers in his hand. Your favorites. He lit up the moment his eyes met yours, walking over to you trying to make it look like he wasn't out of breath. 

"I'm sorry I'm late, the flower shop was busy and they took forever to ring them up, I ran here as fast as I could." He said sitting down, speaking super fast, not wanting to make you more upset. "Ethan, it's fine, I didn't even notice you were late. Thank you for the flowers though. That was really sweet of you." you said smiling, almost forgetting about the conversations before. You were now upset again, which didn't take long for Ethan to notice. "Hey are you okay?" Did he seriously just ask that? He can't be serious. "You're kidding right?" "Right, I forgot, y/n I can explain." "Okay then, explain." You crossed your arms while slightly raising your eyebrow, Ethan gulping as he made eye contact with you, getting nervous. 

"Okay. Y/n, I just want to say I'm sorry about this, everything. I didn't think about your feelings, and I'm realizing now that it was a huge mistake and I wasn't being a good boyfriend. I love you and I don't want to lose you. You mean everything to me. I will be completely honest from now on." Ethan said, using his hands a lot, never breaking eye contact. "You should've been completely honest in the first place. How even is she Ethan?" "She is just someone I would always talk to during class, we've been friends since the beginning of the school year, a week or two before you. She just recently a couple months ago needed tutoring since her grades somehow dropped a lot after she was top of class, kind of weird, but I didn't question it. Her name is Kate. She means nothing to me." Ethan grabbed you hand, making even more eye contact. "Pinky promise?" You stuck out your pinky, giving him the eyes. "Those are so cheesy, but yes, I pinky promise." He said, linking his pinky with yours. Your trust now regained back, as he poured his whole heart out to you. You guys continued your hang out, which turned into a date after he asked, both of you hanging out for the rest of the night. A week later, you asked Ethan if he wanted to come over to your place and watch the movie you guys have been wanting to see for a while. But his message wasn't one you expected. 

E: "Hey y/n, I would love too.. but I'm kind of with Kate right now, she wanted to go to the arcade as a thank you for me helping get her grade in econ back up. I will definitely come over later though." What? So now they're hanging out and going places together? At least he kept his promise and is being honest with you. But it didn't end there. This occurred more often that you wanted it too. It felt like he was growing distance. He still would eventually hang out and go on dates with you later, after hanging out with Kate, but it hurt. The fact he wouldn't ditch her for you, even when you asked him too, just hurt so much. He is hanging out with her so much, and even trying to make plans with you and Kate so she didn't feel left out. You should not feel like a third wheel with your own boyfriend. This time you blew him off.

E: "Hey y/n! I just left the library and finished helping her do her essay. Are we still up good to hang out? I've missed you.
You: "Oh. Sorry, told Tara I would go with her and Sam to the new place down the street."
E: "Oh! Well I could go with you guys if that's cool, I've been wanting to try it too, I heard it's good." 
You: "Sorry, girls only, maybe next time."
It hurt blowing him off, I mean you weren't lying, completely. You were going with Sam and Tara to the new place, but they both brought their dates, aka Chad and Danny. You just couldn't keep doing this cycle with Ethan. You all started walking down, you walked behind the two couples, well couple and kind of couple. You kept you head down, listening to music, trying to stop the tears constantly trying to fall down your face as you refused. You got deep into your thought about how you and Ethan were slowly falling apart. Tara looked behind her shoulder, seeing you, her smile instantly dropping, hating that her best friend was sad. 

"Y/n, what's wrong are you okay?"  Tara ran to you hugging you, making your tears fall as you couldn't hold them back anymore. You bawled onto Tara's short shoulder, as everyone else you were with started circling around you guys. "Hey hey hey, it's okay, we are here for you. We can go home if you want." Sam, not asking questions as she already knew the answer to them. You complained about Ethan to Sam and Tara everytime he even mentioned the name Kate. "No no no, we are going to hang out and have a great time, I am not going to let some dick ruin this, I don't want my feelings effecting you guys too." You said, wiping your tears, trying to fake a good mood, not wanting to ruin this for them. "You sure?" Chad knew you were faking it, but wanted to make sure you were absolutely sure if you wanted to continue. "Yes I am sure. Now let's go! I am so hungry!" You clapped, walking in front of them, still trying to fake being happy. 

You guys made it and boy was this place packed. It had an arcade, bowling, axe throwing, and so many food options. "How many?" The waitress asked, not wanting to mix anyone up with another group. "5." "Okay, follow me." You let Tara and Chad walk in front, Sam and Danny behind them, not wanting to split the couples up from sitting down. The waitress finally stopped at your table. You sat down after the two couples, sitting on the edge of the table. You looked around for a bit, wanting to take it all in. You were smiling as you spoke to the group about how cool this place was, still looking around, until you saw someone. What the fuck is Ethan doing here?? And is that... is that Kate?? 

-------------------------------------------------------------

AN: I got super busy today, I wanted to write and post two chapters but I couldn't, so I made this chapter longer than normal. I got carried away, this was not how I wanted this chapter to go, but hopefully this chapter could help me deliver the rest of the book better, I hope you guys liked it!!! I am making Ethan lowkey a dick and im sorry, but not really cause its fun, even though my heart aches just writing it cause ouch ethan wtf, why are you being a shitty bf rn. okay anyways, love you guys and i hope you had a great day!