Part 19: Karma

It took forever for the police and ambulance to come. Cons of living in New York. You were sitting in an ambulance with Tara and Mindy. Anika was already taken to the hospital since her cut is very fatal. Mindy would've went with her, but she wanted to wait for you guys and wait on the police. Chad was sitting at the door, with his head down. Sam was by the gate, where you could've died, smoking a cigarette. That was until Danny went to talk to her before getting questioned by the police. You were talking to Tara, hugging her and comforting her. "It's okay Tara." She laid her head on your shoulder, "I just can't live like this anymore y/n. What if this never ends?" "It will Tara. I'll make sure it ends." You rubbed your hand on her back until you saw something in the corner of your eye. 

Ethan was walking under the police tapes, confused on what happened. "Y/n." You couldn't say anything before Chad slammed him into one of the police vans on the side on the road. "Where were you?" Chad started yelling. "What? When?" "Last night!" "What? I had Econ, you know this." "Bullshit man! You disappear and my sister almost gets killed." Chad didn't let go of his shirt, pulling it harder still pushing him into the car. "Dude, I was in a study hall with a hundred different people, you can ask any of them." Chad finally let go of Ethan's collar, walking back to to the ambulance. He looked in the alley way and saw all the police. "Oh my God. Who?" "Quinn." You replied to him with your voice cracking. "Y/n, Mindy. I am so sorry." "Stay the fuck back." Ethan froze. "You're at the top of my list." You didn't say anything, just looked down. "I had Econ. I even have an alibi afterwards." "Who?" Chad not believing a word. 

"Kate. After Econ I went to her place to surprise her. She was upset I had Econ and couldn't do anything with her. But when I got there, she was with another guy. She was on top of him making out. Um, so we ended things and I found out there were a ton of other guys, and she was just using me for grades. Turns out the only reason she was ever top of her class was she had this other dude do all of her homework, but he stopped when he got a girlfriend. So it was my turn. I don't know how I could be so stupid." Ethan admitted. "Karma's a bitch I guess." You said back, but you kind of felt bad for him, knowing exactly how if feels to get cheated on. "Yeah it is. I'm so sorry y/n. I only started to hang out with her because I was scared and we were drifting away. I didn't know how to react. I thought you wouldn't want to be in a relationship during all of this, because I know you think love is a weakness. I'm so sorry." Ethan walked up to you, trying to hold your hands, but you pulled away. 

"I don't care. You could've talked to me about it instead of just assuming. But no. Instead you cheat on me. I even told you Kate was suspicious but who listens to me right? You say you cared about my feelings but you did nothing to show it. You are now, only because the same thing happened to you. I am sorry that she cheated on you. No one should go through that kind of pain. I am kind of glad she did though. Now you can understand how I felt when you did it to me. Hurts doesn't it." You looked him straight in the eye. You could tell that what you just said hurt him, but you didn't care. He hurt your feelings, so why should you care for his? "I know. I just don't know how to deal with these kind of things. It was my first relationship and I let my overthinking get the best of me. It's not an excuse but I am truly sorry y/n. How can I make it up to you?" You still loved Ethan. No matter how much he hurt you, you don't think you could ever stop loving him. At this point, you think you love him more than you ever loved Wes. That has to mean something. 

"You dated me before, figure it out. You should know everything I liked. We broke up 2 weeks ago, unless you already forgot about me." You said, giving him a look that he did not like. "I could never forget about you. You are my first love. Can we at least be friends again?' Ethan was desperate at this point. You thought about it for a second. "Fine. I guess but don't get too happy just yet pretty boy. I'm still hurt and mad at you." He smiled a true smile. One that you haven't seen in the longest time. That was the smile you loved so much. "Ugh, y/n I expected more from you." Tara said disappointed. "Yeah me too." You just said back, not even trying to be quiet about it. 

You heard a door close from behind Sam, making you and Tara both turn. You saw Detective Bailey walk from the alley, stumbling on his own feet. "Hey I'll be right back" You got up and walked up next to Sam, Tara being right behind you. "We're really sorry about Quinn." Tara said, making you tear up at the loss of her. "Thank you." Bailey put his hand on Sam's shoulder. "Both my kids are gone. My whole family. Is gone." He started sobbing, you felt so bad for him, you wanted to hug him but you didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable. "Quinn was an amazing person to have in our lives. We are going to catch the fucker who did this and make him pay." You said, giving Bailey a nod. "They took me off the case. But I'm not going to stop until I find him. You fuck with my family... you die." He looked at Sam when he said that last part, instantly going from sad to extremely angry. You didn't want to think of the possibility of him being ghostface at a time like this, but he was super suspicious. "Agreed." Sam said, as you nodded in agreement. 

You heard the sound of heels clicking against pavement from behind you. "Hey are you okay? I came as soon as I heard." Gale. At the worst time. "Gale, I swear to God-" Sam grew mad as soon as she realized it was Gale. "Truce okay? I'm here for whatever you need." "Yeah right. Nice try." Tara also was mad. "Really I am." You just glared at her, crossing your arms. "Okay fine. Off the record, okay?" Gale sounded upset, but with a bit of attitude. You all just looked at each other, like you were trying to talk inside your brains. "Okay. Thank you." Sam calmed down a bit, her tone quieter. "I'm sorry I punched you." You said, lying, trying to get rid of the tension between you two. "No you're not." Oh thank God she knew. "You're right, I'm not." You both smiled at each other, maybe Gale wasn't all that bad. "You're the cop right?" Her attention went to Bailey, who only just nodded. "I did some digging on your first two victims and I found something." You, Sam, and Tara immediately straightened your backs, ready to hear this new information. "I know where the masks are coming from." "Show me." Gale was about to finish before Kirby showed up. 

"Ladies." Kirby walked right up next to Sam. "Kirby!" You hugged her everytime you saw her. You almost forgot your back was killing you, as you felt pain shoot right through your spine. "Kirby?" Gale was surprised to see Kirby after so long. "Gale." She said back, unimpressed. "She's with the FBI." Sam tried to fill her in. "She's a child. When did they start letting children into the FBI?" "I'm 30." "Well you look like a zygote." They are acting like children on a playground right now, and they are two of the oldest one's here. "I have a gun Gale." Oh shit, she went there. "Okay fine. You're gonna want to see this too then." 

You wished this was over already.

--------------------------------------------------------------

AN: Ethan got KARMA HAHAHA. As he fucking should. I felt great writing that. Okay anyways, hoped you guys liked this chapterrrrr, I wrote it half awake so cut me some slack if it sucked. I'm kind of sad from how close this is to being over, i only have like 5 chapters left maybe and some alternate endings 😭😭 I feel so funny writing my chapters, if you can't tell i try my best to add some humor, ik i have the humor of a 10 year old, BUT ITS OKAY. Hoped you guys had a great day anddddd i hope i will be able to post tomorrow since i will be busy.