𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

...

THEwalk back to mine, Sam, Tara, and Quinns apartment was silent. No one knew what to say. We enter the apartment and i immediately go to my room to change out of my coke soaked clothing. I pick out a white t-shirt and some gray sweatpants. I decide to just stay in my room for a bit. The song 'Love On The Brain' by Rihanna plays quietly in the background as i lay on my stomach on my bed and draw random doodles in my sketchbook, humming along to the beat.

As i'm drawing, i hear a knock on my door. "Come in." I say. Ethan opens the door and walks in, closing it behind him. "Hey," he starts, "just wanted to come see if you were okay." i prop myself up against the bedframe of my bed and motion for him to sit next to me. "Yeah, i'm fine." I say, forcing a smile. "No you're not. You forget that i can tell when you're lying." he chuckles as i lean my head back, laying it against the wall. "But seriously, are you okay? You know you can talk to me." Ethan sounds genuinely concerned for me. I haven't had anyone actually genuinely care about me before. I know Sam and Tara do, but all Sam cares about is Tara and how it affected her and not me. and Tara is clueless to realize whats going on around her most of the time. She's in denial.

"Not really." I sigh, still mad from earlier. "Sam just royally pissed me off today. She said some shit that she knows cut me deep." Ethan nods his head and listens to every word i say. "She just doesn't understand. Woodsboro affected me more than anyone else. I still think about her, and the way she murdered my friends with that stupid smile on her face, and how she stabbed me multiple times. I wanted to hate her, but i couldn't." I feel a tear about to come out, but i hold it in. "I loved her." He furrowed his brows together, giving me a confused look. It takes him a second to realize. "Oh..."

"Yeah. After that, i put up walls and never let anyone else in. Not even my own sisters or even Chad and Mindy. I was in so much unbearable pain. I kept telling everyone i was fine, when i'm really not. I needed to be strong for them. When i was at my lowest, i never told anyone this, not even Sam and Tara, but i was suicidal and tried to kill myself. It wasn't until i downed a whole bottle of pills before i realized what i just did. Luckily, i was able to throw it all up before any got into my system." I sigh. "Jes, i'm so sorry. I had no idea." Ethan pulls me into a tight hug, holding me close in his arms.

"It's okay. It's all good. It's all in the past. I have to move on now. Thank you for listening." I say, letting go of the hug. Ethan gives me a warm gentle smile. We sit in silence for a moment, just looking at each other. Ethan is always there for me, even when i try to push him away, he won't leave. He has such a big heart and always sees the good in people. That's what i like about him. His kind, soft eyes, his fluffy curls, everything about him is just perfect to me. He's perfect.

"Hey guys," Chad bursts through my door, breaking me out of my thoughts, "Oh, was i interrupting something? Didn't mean to cock block you, buddy." he smirks. I turn and face the opposite side of my bed hiding the blush creeping onto my cheeks, letting my legs hang off the edge. "Uhm, no. And we, don't say that again." Ethan clears his throat. "Anyways, you guys come out here now, you gotta see this." Chad then leads us to the living room. I take a seat next to Mindy and Anika while Ethan sits in a chair to the right of the couch. Sam walks in with the cute boy from across the hall. "I'm standing in front of the apartment building where the mutilated bodies of-" Quinn cuts off the TV, "Cute boy, nice."

"Their names have just been released by police. Jason Carvey, and Greg-" Mindy looks at us, "Holy shit, that's the chode from our film studies class! The one obsessed with Argento!" Ethan looks back at Mindy, noding at what she previously said. "Also found at the scene were various ghostface costumes, the character popularized by the 'Stab' movie franchise. Now this of course is-" Sam points between me and Tara. "Pack a bag, we leave in 10." I look between her and Tara, confused and annoyed.

"Sam, wait, sam!" Tara runs after her. "We're getting out of the city." Sam says. "What?" Danny chimes in. Chad grabs his shoulders and urges him out the door. "Thank you very much, suspicious new guy, but i think we can handle it from here. Have a good night, get home safe." He closes the door and locks all 5 locks behind him. I look at Ethan and he looks back with a worried expression. "Sam!" I interupt, not bothering to leave the couch. "I can't believe this is happening again." Ethan comes over to he and sits next to me on the couch, grabbing my hand and tracing small circles to try to calm my nerves.

"Sam, hold on. We are not leaving the fucking city." Tara defends, "Hold on, let's talk about this for a second, cause this- this might not have anything to do with us", "Are you serious," Sam says clearly upset and now holding a fucking knife. "It's a big city! It's Halloween, everybody's wearing masks." Tara yells. "Sam, put the fucking knife down, please, before something happens." I jump in. "Tara this isn't a coinsidence." Sam starts, "You and Jesse Knew him." Tara scoffs, "Barely."

"Chad, Mindy, Jesse, back me up here." Sam looks between us three. I keep my eyes on the TV. Chad starts, "I mean, it is a little bit-", "Close to home." Mindy finishes. Sam looks at me, waiting for an answer. "Ain't no way in hell is this a coincidence. I don't want to believe it's true, but we can't deny it."

"See," Sam says turning to face Tara. "Quinn, your dad's a cop right?" Tara asks. "Can you call him and find out what's going on," Tara turns back to Sam, "before you make the unilateral decision to abandon mine and Jesse's college education and flee the fucking state!" Tara is pissed the fuck off and i get it, but this can't just be a coincidence considering our past. Quinn picks up her phone and dials her dad. Just then, Sam's phone starts to ring on the dining table. We all turned towards it in fear, praying it isn't who we think it is. She slowly walks over to the phone and picks it up. She sighs in relief as she sees Gale Weathers' contact. "It's just Gale." She says and hangs it up.

"Why did everyone just freak out when her phone rang?" a very confused Ethan asks the group. "You gotta keep up dude." Anika says. He looks over to me, hoping i would give him an answer. "I'll explain it all later." I sigh. Quinn walks up to us and hands the phone to Sam. "My dad waht's to talk to you." She hesitantly takes the phone and walks a bit away from the group. "Detective Bailey, hi." I sigh and rub my forehead with my hands. Ethan rubs my back gently, knowing about how badly this affected me.

Sam joins us back at the couch and looks at me. "You're not going to believe this," She sighs and continues, "Both mine and Jesse's license were found at the scene of the crime. Bailey wants to talk to us at the station." I sigh and stand up from my spot on the couch. Ethan grabs my hand before I walk off with Sam. "Be careful, please." He says. I can tell he's really worried about me. I give him a small smile and walk to the door with Sam. "No, Tara. You're staying here. I'm not risking it." Tara sighs, not wanting to argue anymore with her. Me and Sam walk out of the apartment and make our way to the station to get questioned. Again.

A/N: second chapter finally completed! more coming soon!