𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

...

Me, Sam, and Tara are walking around in the park, waiting for ghostface to call us. Bailey's plan was to get ghostface to call us so Kirby can trace the call. Since ghostface always calls from somewhere nearby, they suggested it be somewhere public so no one got hurt. I gotta admit, it ain't the worst plan ever. "You should have stayed with the others." Sam tells me and Tara. "That's not gonna happen." she says sternly. "There's no point in putting all three of us at risk." Sam says. "Yeah. If you like it or not, we're a part of this Sam, especially me. We're not going anywhere." I chuckle. "Besides, we're your backup." Tara adds.

Kirby is in the van with Chad, Mindy, and Ethan preparing to trace the call once we get it. "Hey, guys, stay frosty out there." Kirby says into the earpiece we have. "We're good." Sam replies. Bailey also has an earpiece and is standing a good distance away to keep an eye on us. We continue to walk as Sam's phone starts to ring. She pulls it out to see Richies contact again. She clicks the green button and puts the phone up to her ear as we continue to walk. I make sure to stand as close as i can to Sam so i can hear ghostface on the other line.

"You're gonna die, you know." Sam says into the phone. "No, you're gonna die, Samantha!" ghostface yells. "Choking on your own blood while i hack up your sisters.", "Unless we find you first.", "For a mastermind, you're not very bright. Waiting for me to call, desperately hoping i'm nearby so the police can grab me? But i'm not nearby. I'm a step ahead. Be seeing you, Samantha." Sam takes the phone off her ear and hangs up. "Did you get it?" Sam says into the earpiece. "Yep. Geolocation coming through right now." Kirby says as she types away on the keyboard. "He's on the Upper West Side. He's inside an apartment building halfway across the city." she says.

"On west 96th?" Tara asks. "How did you know that?" Kirby questions. "Gale." Sam says. "Shit, we've got to go right now!" I yell. "My friend Danny works on the Upper West Side. He can get there quicker." Sam pants as we are now running to get to Gale as fast as we can. She pulls out her phone to contact Danny. She can't die. Not now. "Yeah, or he could finish her off." Bailey scoffs. "Is it possible he's the killer?", "Fuck, we have to get there now." Sam says. "It's 50 blocks away we don't even know if it's true. Sam, wait! Take a minute." Bailey says. "No, we don't have a fucking minute!" I yell. I look around to see if there's any car we can borrow so we make it to Gale faster. I spot Baileys cop car. I look at Tara and she seems to have the same idea as me. We run to the car as Sam is arguing with Bailey. I get in the drivers seat as Tara gets in the passengers.

"You have to trust me, we got to make the right call." Bailey tries to tell Sam, but she isn't listening to him. "He's already-" Sam gets cut off by me honking and Tara calling her name. Sam turns around to look at us. "Get in." I say. "What is she doing?" Bailey asks as Sam runs up to the car. "Hey, get out of my car!" Bailey yells. Sam hops in the back seat. "What do you think you're doing? That's an official vehicle! Hey!" Bailey yells some more. "Should we use the sirens?" Sam asks me. "Did you really think we were gonna steal a police car and not use the sirens?" I joke playfully. I press the button and the flashing lights and sirens come on. "Do you even have a license?" Bailey asks. "Fuck yeah. Buckle up kids!" I cheer. I press the gas and speed over to Gale's apartment as Bailey yells some more. Sam tries to call Gale, but she won't answer. "Shit!" I yell and slam my hands on the wheel. We're already going way over the speed limit, but do i give a fuck? No! I press my foot on the gas even more.

...

We make it to the apartment, but it's already dark out. I get out of the car not even bothering to shut the door and run into the building. We take the siatrs because it's faster than the elevator. Grunting and glass breaking fills our ears as we make it to Gale's apartment. I bust down the door. "Hey fuckface!" Sam yells as she picks up the gun off the floor. She shoots multiple shots at ghostface as he gets up and runs out the apartment.