♡7~ 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
⊱✿•✿⊰•⊱✿•✿⊰•⊱✿•✿⊱

𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥.

⊱✿•✿⊰•⊱✿•✿⊰•⊱✿•✿⊰
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

It was a good morning for her, although her life being completely messed up, she still admired and appreciated the small things around her and that is what she called, her happiness.

Having herself done with her appearance, she walked downstairs for the family breakfast. The maid served them the food. Usually, like any other family, they should be talking and smiling but then, she knew hers was different. It was a silent breakfast, no one uttered a word. Not being able to cope up with the silence, Arreum decided to start some conversation.

"Um, so father, how's everything going in business?" This is the best topic she could bring up, to which she knew her father would answer.

Her father, not even removing his glance from the food said nonchalantly, "Good enough" "Oh, it's great then." Arreum replied awkwardly, before giving up.

"How are your studies going?" Her father asked her the only question he would. Mentally signing,  Arreum replied "Yes father, it's going well." With a fake smile on her face.

Her father nodded. "Is the tutor teaching you well?" "Yes dad, it's enough." She nods.

All the time through the breakfast, one question kept circling in her head. She was unsure whether she should ask or not. After they were done with their meals, both of the parents started to walk back to their works. That's when, Arreum finally said it.

"Uh father?" She asks unsurely.

"Yes Arreum?" He looks back at her. She walks near her father and finally speaks after gathering the courage.

"Father, I do not intend to get you offended but this question has been on my mind since yesterday. Father, why..were you so..how do I say it, why did you and mother seem so different around The Malhans? What was that tension about? Are you...business rivals?"

As she finally said it, she could see her father getting red. Which meant, God she had messed up. He sternly looks at her, sending shivers down her spine. With the most stern voice he had, he said, actually partially warned Arreum,

"That should never be your matter of concern, Arreum. Just do what I say, do not ever get involved with any one of them. Especially, the son.  I repeat it to you Arreum Campbell, I should never see you near him."

She could feel the goosebumps on her body, in spite of being so scared that moment, she didn't knew from where that courage came and she questioned back to her father.

"But why father? What is it? And why is it?" She asked looking at her father. His eyes widened at her, questioning back. Whereas her mother stood surprised.

"ARREUM CAMPBELL."  He yelled at her, to which she flinched very hard. And as if, it wasn't enough for her,

Smack!

A hard slap was landed on Arreum's face, which was none other than her father, who had done it. The servants who were near, or were passing by continued their work in shock and as well as in fear. They felt severely bad for the daughter, who had been going through it, since forever.

Arreum quickly stood up, who had fallen down due to her disbalance.
Her mother quickly, tried to calm down her husband by gently rubbing her hands on his arm.

"Look at this disgraceful child! I told you, those people were bad news, it hasn't even been a week and see, talking with their son changed her so quickly. I'm ashamed of you, Arreum! Get out of my sight right now." He yelled again, completely losing his temper.

"Calm down dear, your blood pressure would get worse. Let's get you some medicine, calm down." Her mother kept calming him down. As his father went into their room, she looked at her daughter who once again was trying to control herself.

"Since when did you started questioning your father, huh?  Do I need to remind you again to behave, hm?" Her mother told her off and walked back to her husband.

While for Arreum, she quickly sprinted over to her room and closed the  door of her room behind her, making sure it was locked. She sat down near the door of her balcony and let the tears forming in her eyes fall.
That moment, she was so done with her life. She questioned her life, her fate, her existence and everything she could possibly have done.

She looks at the sky, which was filled with clouds and says, "Why me? Why do i have to go through this god? Why can't I have a loving family like others? All I asked from you was love. The mother's love, The father's love, is it too much to ask?" She kept saying it between her sobs. She despised her life, herself and her family. But what she  despised the most was the fact, that she couldn't do anything about it. She couldn't change it.

After collecting herself, she wipes her tears away and stands up. She goes to the washroom and looks at herself in mirror, and all she could she was a helpless and hopeless girl.

She looks at her cheek which had some blood on it, it was just a bruise. That was because of the ring his father had in his finger. That was not new to her, it was all very normal to her. Sometimes, it would be her mother taking out her anger on her, or mostly her father. That was the life she lived, a life with no hope of survival. A life with no light. A life with no love. A life filled with, pure darkness.

She washed her face, again and again and again to the point when the redness on her face had disappeared, as if nothing had ever happened. As if everything was completely fine. She applied some antiseptic cream and goes to her bed.

She did what she needed to do, escape. And that was only possible, if she had slept which was quite difficult for her. So she took out her journal and wrote her thoughts out.

Date(x)

Sometimes, we don't get what we want. That's okay. It is a phase and it shall pass too. After all, it is just a test. Everything will be better, right? All of my prayers will be answered, right? Someone will really love me someday, right? All this will come to an end, right?

And when it does,
I will finally be happy.
And free.

☆☾☆☾☆☾☆☾☆☾☆☾☆☾☆☾☆•