TALK ABOUT PAST

Hope Mikaelson was lying on her bed along with her best friend Lizzie Saltzman as they watched her painting, both girls were just lying there in silence looking at the painting, it was the death anniversary of Hope's father, and it's been five years since Klaus Mikaelson died, their silence was broken by a knock.

Hope or Lizzie decides not to reply so that the person will go away but the opposite happens, the blonde vampire enters the room and looks at her daughter and Hope who were lying on the bed, looking at Hope's painting, she herself turns to look at it and raises her eyebrow.

"Asphodel?" Caroline asks and Hope nods "Why Asphodel?" she asks again and this time Hope sighs "It symbolizes both of my feelings at once 'remembered beyond the grave' and 'my regrets follow you to the grave'" Hope replies and it was Caroline's turn to sigh as the room again falls in complete silence.

Caroline knew it was hard for Hope, and even after spreading his ashes and hearing his last message Hope was not at peace, she wanted her father more than ever now but every time she decides to bring him back a thought stops her 'he's finally at peace.'

For thousand years he had to face this world and now he's free of all this, he deserves it she knew how hard it was for her father, he lived for a little more than a thousand years but you can count on hands the number of times he was truly happy.

"Come on girls there is somewhere we need to be," Caroline says as she pulls them both off our bed, Lizzie gets up easily but Hope was not having it, yet somehow Caroline managed to get her up, they head towards where Hope spread Klaus's ashes.

Caroline brings three bottles of bourbon along and the three of them sit on the wooden surface as they look at the water in front of them "What was your favorite thing about Klaus?" Caroline asks Hope who looks and smiles wide at the mention of her father.

"I don't know, he was my father, I loved him," Hope replies and Caroline nods "What was yours, mom?" Lizzie asks and Hope also looks at Caroline "the way he just got under my skin, he was the one I turned to when I was in trouble and he was also the one who helped me when I was going to make the most important decision of my life," Caroline says and Hope looks confused.

"Care to share? there are not many people who talk good about my father," Hope explains and Caroline laughs "Years ago I was in trouble, I was scared and alone, and I didn't know what to do so I just put you and Josie in the car and I drove," Caroline starts and Lizzie also looks curious.

"And I ended up in New Orleans, looking for Klaus, he wasn't there but the point is, deep down I always knew that he would help me even after everything that happened between us and how horrible I was to him, I always knew that he was there, just a call away," Caroline explains and Lizzie looked shocked.

"And the other one?" Lizzie asks curiously as she looks at her mom's smile so bright and full of life, the one she rarely sees "When you and Josie were born, you know how things were and I was at a dinner with you two and you both were crying, I was nervous, scared, lonely, and I just didn't know what to do so I called Stefan but surprisingly Klaus picked up," Caroline says and Hope nods.

"I know about this my mom told me that Stefan helped our family in return for a favor, he was my father's good friend I think dad would've helped him without any conditions," Hope says and Caroline nods.

"You're right and Klaus did help him without any condition and Stefan offered to help Hayley," Caroline says and Hope smiles at her mother's name, "Here hold my hands let me show you," Caroline says and both Hope and Lizzie quickly hold the blonde vampire's hand and they pulled into memory.