HAYLEY MARSHALL

SIX HOURS LATER:

Hope and Lizzie get out of their car and step inside moving towards the woods where Hope saw her mother, "Do you remember her scent after all these years?" Lizzie asks Hope who nods her head "She's my mother, of course, I remember her scent, I would remember it even after a thousand years," she adds. 

"Can you catch it?" Lizzie asks Hope who nods again and closes her eyes and follows the scent with her supper speed, Lizzie follows the tribrid, soon they both stand in front of an old black RV, it was not really in a good condition but Hope knew how bad her mother's condition was before she came to Mystic Falls.

Lizzie looks at the RV with somewhat sympathetic eyes, she remembers Hayley Marshall as this beautiful, strong, and smart woman, someone whose smile was so beautiful that people would kill for it, she knew Hayley was a queen by birth but she could never imagine that woman could live in a place like this.

Hope knocks on the door without thinking and they both hear shuffling from inside the RV before the door opens, they look at Hayley Marshall, the crescent wolf queen, tribrid's mother, and Klaus Mikaelson's partner.

Hayley looks at the two girls with a small frown, Hope's breath stops and her heart starts to beat faster at the sight of her mother, suddenly Hayley feels like someone stabbed a thousand needles in her head and she groans as she closes her eyes.

Hope and Lizzie are instantly on the she-wolf's side and they look at her with concerned eyes, Hope tries to touch her mother but as soon as she touches Hayley's arm a huge flow of current passes through the tribrid's body.

Hope pulls her hand back and looks at her mother with worry and concerned eyes soon Hayley stops groaning and opens her eyes as she looks at her surroundings "Hope!"Hayley says as she looks at her daughter.

"What are you doing here?" Hayley questions but Hope stays quiet and tries to stop herself from crying, Hayley looks at her daughter and pulls her in a hug, Hope takes deep breaths as she stops herself from crying in her mother's arms.

"Hope, what's happening?" Hayley asks her daughter after calming her down "I don't know, one minute we were mourning dad then we saw a bright light coming from the water in front of us and then other minutes we were here, in past," Hope replies and Hayley looks at the other vampire who was also present there.

"You are?" Hayley asks Lizzie who smiles before replying "I am Lizzie Saltzman, Ms. Marshall," Lizzie says, Hayley looks at her with wide eyes but smiles and pulls the girl in a hug "I think we can avoid the formalities, Lizzie, we're in past and by the looks of it I think you're a good friend of my daughter," Hayley tells the heretic and they smile at each other.

"But what happened? How are we all here?" Hayley asks the two witches who shrug, Hayley nods and looks back at her RV before sighing and she tries to bring her hybrid face out but nothing happens.

The other two see this "I am not a hybrid anymore, damn it," Hayley says and Hope laughs at her mother's language, Hayley thinks for a moment before an idea strikes her head, "You two have a car?" Hayley asks them and they nod.

Hayley goes back inside her RV and grabs her wallet and some more cash that she kept hidden for important situations, and leaves everything else there, she then holds her daughter's hand like she used to when Hope was young totally forgetting that now her daughter is the strongest creature alive, and three head out of the woods.

Hope looked confused but she decided to follow her mother who stops in front of her car which was not the best one but something that would work for the time being, Hayley asks the two girls to bring their car here, and Lizzie goes to get the car while Hope stays behind.

"Where we are going, Mom?" Hope asks her mother who was still deep in thought "Somewhere safe, from where we can think about what we should do next," Hayley replies, and Hope looks confused.

"No offense but you're kind of poor right now, so I don't think that it's a good idea right now for you to move," Hope tries to say sweetly and Hayley playfully glares at her daughter who gives her a puppy dog eyes in return, the eyes she missed so much.

"I know but the Mikaelson family isn't, your father once told me about all the safe houses that he owns across the country, no one knew about them except for him and then I, those houses have this specific feature that no human or supernatural could enter without the key, and the key to those houses is his blood, no one can open them but him," Hayley informs Hope who looks impressed.

"One of those houses is here on the other side of the city, we'll stay there till we figure out what to do next, I mean there has to be a reason behind why we're here," Hayley says and Hope nods with an amused smile.

"Gotta say dad was smart," Hope says and Hayley smiles when she sees the spark in her daughter's eyes when she talked about Klaus, the same spark that Klaus used to have whenever he talked about Hope, how similar this father-daughter duo was something Hayley always wondered about.

Lizzie comes with the car and Hope goes to sit with her mother but Hayley tells her to go and sit with Lizzie who smiles and they follow Hayley's car, an hour later they get out of the car and see nothing but trees in front of them.

Hayley asks Hope to cuts her palm and let the blood flow on the ground till the house comes into view, Hope nods and does everything her mother told her soon they see the trees disappear and a big ass house comes into their view, Lizzie looks at it with a shocked look while Hope and Hayley just sigh.

"Always big, I guess I shouldn't be surprised," Hayley mutters and Hope laughs, the three look at each other before stepping inside the house "Okay girls, choose your rooms and rest for a few hours then we'll talk," Hayley tells them and the two vampires look at her with confusion.

"I kind of need rest too because I am just a wolf who had their transition last night," Hayley says and the two girls nod, the three choose their rooms which were on the first floor, Hayley sleeps and Hope looks around while Lizzie decides to talk to her mother who finally called.

Hope was going through the house, looking around till she found the room she was looking for, she goes inside the room and it still had her father's scent there, she looks around the room with different emotions running inside her but the most eminent one was wistfulness.

She didn't know why she was feeling this way, she starts going through the stuff in the room till she finds a canvas, a canvas holder, a stool and table, and the paints she wanted, like in a daze she starts painting, without even knowing what she was going to paint.