THE PAINTING

Hope was still in the painting room when Hayley woke up and came down to look for the girls but she only found Lizzie, the blonde was on her way out to get some blood bags from the hospital for her and Hope, some food for Hayley, and a few clothes for all three of them for the time being.

Hayley asks Lizzie about Hope but the blonde just shrugs "She's somewhere in the house because I can hear her but I don't know exactly where, it's so big and Hope was having a tour of the house," Lizzie replies and stays to help the she-wolf find Hope in the big ass house.

They both start looking for the tribrid and after looking for some time they find her standing in an art studio at the other end of the house.

Hayley and Lizzie quietly walk in and both of them look over Hope's shoulder to see what she was painting, Lizzie smiles at the beautiful painting, while Hayley also looks at the painting with a sad look when Hope starts talking.

"It took me five years of mourning and a trip to the past where I don't even exist for me to finally be able to paint him," Hope says and Hayley puts a hand on her daughter's shoulder as Hope puts the brush down.

Ever since Hope was a baby she's always been a daddy's girl, even when Klaus was away, Hope had this beautiful, special, and magical bond.

Their love was pure, something you can't understand in one day but Hayley saw it happening, from day one.

She was always somewhat curious as to why or how Hope and Klaus have this kind of relationship even after his past and everything he did but Hope always evened them out.

She always had something to say in his defense and all her claim were true that other wasn't ready to accept or understand cause otherwise they won't someone to be the bad guy in their stories.

Hope never once claimed that her father was a good man, she knew him well enough to know that the man had his demons.

Neither did she accept the fact she was a monster, she knew his story and more importantly, she understood it, she understood him.

"You told me that painting is a metaphor for control but why didn't I have this kind of control before?" Hope asks her mother who was looking at the painting with a few tears falling from her eyes.

"Because you weren't home," Hayley replies, and Hope and Lizzie look confused.

"I am not home right now either," Hope replies and Hayley smiles as she side-hugs her daughter.

"Not entirely but I have learned that home is not always a place, it's a feeling, a feeling that we only feel when we're around the people we trust more than we trust ourselves," Hayley says as she places a hand on Klaus's painted face.

"Home is where our family lives, it's where we find our peace and control, where we find our happiness, the place we go to when we have nowhere else to go or when we're so tired that we want nothing more than to give up," Hayley explains while both vampires listen to the wolf carefully.

"Home can be anything, a place, a person, an object, a hobby, anything that gives you the kind of satisfaction that makes you feel complete," She adds and looks at the other two.

"For example, home for Kol was his magic, a part of him he lost when he turned, home for Freya was a feeling of being reunited with her lost family, home for Rebekah was her love whether it's her siblings or a lover, home for Elijah was where his family was together, they say like father like son, home for Marcel and Klaus was the city they build and fought for," Hayley tells them and Hope nods.

"Where is your home?" Lizzie asks the she-wolf, who smiles and looks out of the window "Wherever my family is, my real family, the Mikaelsons," Hayley replies and Hope nods.

"For you Hope, your home is wherever your parents are, more specifically wherever your father is, you found your control back here because you knew you had both your parents back alive, his scent is still here and I was here, you knew that now you can let go because we were back and we wouldn't let anything happen to you," Hayley adds and Hope nods.

"Even if I am not a hybrid or your father doesn't remember you or me, you have this feeling of relief that we're all okay and safe, and soon we're gonna find a way to unite our whole family because that's all you've ever wanted or more like needed," Hayley says and hugs her daughter who cries a little in her mother's arms.

"I know my daughter, she's this strong all mighty tribrid in front of everyone else but when it comes to our family you're just Hope, just our little girl, the girl we all swore to protect with our lives, doesn't matter if you're seven years old or seven centuries old," Hayley says and Lizzie smiles at the duo.

"I wish I had someone like you, I am saying my mother isn't good but being here looking at you two I wish I had someone like you, and I get it now, why I used to hate you so much back then because of this perfect relation that you had with your family while mine was scattered," Lizzie says and Hayley and Hope sadly smile at the blonde.

Hayley opens her arms again and motions Lizzie to join "Neither I nor did the Mikaelsons ever had a good example that could've helped us through our journey with Hope so none of us know if we did right or not," Hayley says and the three pull away.

"I could never replace your mother or take the place that Caroline has in your life but I'd like to hope that you would one day build enough trust in me, to come to me if you need something, or just need someone to talk to or rant to about things that bug you," Hayley offers and Lizzie nods, Hope magically packs her painting and sends it to the trunk of her car.

 The three of them walk down and Lizzie and Hope leave to get the stuff they would need and basic things like clothes, food, shoes, and a few more, Hope was planning on meeting her father before he returns to Mystic Falls.

While Lizzie and Hope were out Hayley goes to find some clothes but all she finds are Klaus's clothes, she knew she had no other option but to use his clothes, so she picks a black full-sleeve henley and a pair of boxers, they look new and untouched she wouldn't be surprised if she finds out that Klaus never wore them.

  After having a long and relaxing shower Hayley dresses up and comes down to the living room to find her daughter and Lizzie already there, Hayley puts all the groceries bag on the kitchen counter, clothes, and other accessories bag near the stair.

She also gets a notepad and a pen to write all the important things down before settling down in front of the two vampires who were drinking blood, Hope had her blood mixed with bourbon and Hayley smiled at that when she remembered how she and the whole family used to drink the same way.

"Okay so first we shoulder write down all our enemies, the ones we had I know but I don't know all about your family, Lizzie," Hope says and Lizzie nods "I don't know all but I do know most of them, I can help," Lizzie tells them.