Chapter 4

'The breakup'

The next morning my head was laying on something that wasn't a pillow. I sit up slightly, realising I was laying on top of Jade, my head laying where it definitely shouldn't be.
"Morning." She chuckles, her voice slightly raspy, an amused smirk resting on her lips.
"I'm so sorry." I reply, moving off of her, feeling the red blanket my face.
"Awh, I was just starting to get comfy." She sighs sarcastically, like always.
"What's the time?" I ask, ignoring her previous comment, getting up.
"7:30." She replies, rolling out of bed.
"Time to get ready, then." I comment. "Can I borrow some clothes, please?" I ask.
"You know how that's going to look, right?" She chuckles, starting to go through her drawers.
"You're breaking up with him anyway." I roll my eyes. I receive an evil glance and immediately regret what I said. "Sorry." I murmur. She hands me some clothes before heading to her en suite to change. I change into the tight, sage shirt she gave me, along with a black skirt and a familiar leather jacket I've seen her in before.

I don't often wear skirts so I wasn't sure exactly how to wear it with the top, so I left it un-tucked from the skirt, thinking it would look okay.
"You're hopeless." Jade grumbles, rolling her eyes, grabbing me by the waist and tucking the shirt into the skirt, accentuating my body, which looks surprisingly much better.

"Hurry up." Jade calls from her position leaning against my car. I walk out of the house handing her a coffee and taking one for myself. "Why?" She asks.
"Because you look tired." I reply, sliding into my seat. "I'll give it back when I'm done with it." I add. "Oh, I take it I'm your personal chauffeur now that Beck's no longer going to be driving you around?" I ask.
"Yes." She replies shortly and angrily.
"You're not a morning person, huh?" I chuckle. "Say please." I add whilst reversing out of her driveway.
"No." She grumbles, resting her head on her hand.
"Jade." I drag out her name, teasingly.
"Please." She mutters, quietly.
"Wasn't that hard, was it?" I ask, chuckling as I drive us to school.

Arriving at school, I feel multiple pairs of eyes on me, I suppose it's because I'm in Jade's clothes. I look at her but she doesn't seem to mind the attention, but I assume she's used to it.
"Babe, there you are." Beck's horrid voice comes as we walk down the hallway.
"I'm breaking up with you." She states simply, opening her locker, not even bothering looking at him. Well that's one way to do it.
"What?" He asks, almost dropping his coffee.
"You heard me." She replies. I didn't expect her to be so outward about it.
"No, no, Jade you're not breaking up with him." Tori frantically comments.
"Aren't you the one who's in love with him? I thought you wanted to be with him." Jade turns to her. "Butt out." She shouts. "We're done." She comments before walking away.
"What the hell was that about?" Beck asks.
"Y/n you stayed at her house last night." Tori turns to me. "Why did she break up with him?" She asks.
"Because he didn't treat her like a girlfriend. Those girls last night were all over him and he wasn't doing a single thing to get them off of him." I reply shortly.
"You stayed at her house?" Beck asks.
"Yes, and we watched her favourite movie, something you failed to do in your multiple year long relationship." I sigh. I grab my stuff from my locker and head to class early, since we had Sikowitz first.

"I didn't want anyone to follow me." Jade mutters as I walk into the classroom. She wipes her eyes, remaining facing forward, presumably so I don't see her crying.
"I didn't follow you. I just didn't want to be around them asking all those questions so I came to class early, I didn't know you'd be here." I answer, taking a seat next to her and pulling her in for a hug.
"I hate hugs." She tries to push me off, not doing very well, but I resist and keep hugging her.
"You need this one." I whisper to her. I can feel slight wetness covering my hand after a moment, only to realise it was Jade crying. I pull her into my chest and rub my hand gently across her back, every now and then kissing her head to give as much comfort as possible.

After a while, her tears dry up and she pushes my arms off of her, fixing her make-up just before class starts. I decide not to mention a thing, knowing she would hate that. I stay beside her for the entirety of class. I'm not sure why I'm starting to feel so protective over her, I've known the girl for like a day, though I haven't got much of a break from when I first met her, but I'm not complaining.

Lunch rolls around quickly but when I reach the table, Jade's nowhere to be seen. I grab some lunch from the van and take a seat next to Andre, hoping Jade turns up at some point.
"You need to get Jade to get back with Beck." Tori orders, slamming down her food and sitting on the other side of me.
"No, I don't. She's a grown woman." I reply, knowing Tori is obsessed with them.
"They love each other. I bet you had something to do with it." She murmurs.
"He made out with you. You're the one who had something to do with it." I reply, walking away.