Chapter 8

'We're doing this'

We head in and spend a few hours there. I pick a few books to take home and convince Jade to read some too.
"So, you're a book freak?" Jade raises a brow at me as she stirs her coffee.
"Don't be mean." I roll my eyes at her.
"I'm just saying it means that you're much smarter than either of your sisters." She defends.
"Reading books doesn't mean smarter, but yes I'd say I'm smarter." I joke with a smile. "So, would you wanna be a fashion designer professionally?" I ask.
"Maybe. I've toyed with the idea." She replies.
"From what I've seen you have an eye for design." I smile, toying with the spoon that came with my coffee.
"You think? You don't think it's too... goth?" She asks.
"No, maybe goth sometimes but not too goth. That's just your preference. Looking at some of your other designs I think you have a diverse taste." I reply before finishing my coffee.
"Beck always said I was too goth." She mumbles.
"Yeah, well he's a Beck. He doesn't know anything. Without the hair he'd be nothing." I smile at her, trying to lighten the mood.
"Thank you. Cat sent me a message, she said she was sorry about the whole thing and wants to speak again." She states.
"Do you want to?" I ask.
"Yeah, she's like my best friend, but she also sided with them for a few days." She sighs.
"It's good that they're starting to come around, realise that you didn't do anything wrong to be alienated." I reply.
"I wasn't nice to them, Y/n. I wasn't nice to any of them, I wasn't nice to you when we first met. I took a chance being nice to you because you were so damn persistent." Jade huffs, raising her voice. "What I'm saying is, I get why they took Beck's side." She adds, her volume now lower.
"I need to get home." I sigh, not wanting Jade to get any more mad than she already is.
"What? Y/n, I didn't mean to raise my voice. I just don't get how you see the best in me." She mutters.
"Can you take me home, please?" I ask. I'm not sure what else to say to her.
"Fine." She huffs, standing up immediately and grabbing her stuff, walking to her car.

We sit in the car ride in silence for a while. For the first time, it's not comfortable silence but awkward. It's never been awkward with Jade so I'm confused on what to do, so opt to stay silent instead, checking my phone. I scroll through The Slap and see that Tori's having a party tonight at ours, the group coming. I sigh before placing my phone back down on my lap, staring out the window.
"What's up?" Jade asks, glancing from the driver's seat towards me, breaking me out of my thoughts.
"Nothing, don't worry." I return, not turning towards her.
"It's clearly something. Don't shut me out now, Vega." She chuckles dryly, clearly seeing no humour in the situation since everyone she knows has pretty much left her.
"There's a party at mine tonight." I start before being cut off.
"I didn't know you were throwing a party." She cuts in.
"I'm not, it's Tori and probably Trina, too." I reply. "The group's going to be there and I don't think I'm in the mood." I add.
"We should have our own party." She smirks, the idea immediately popping into her head.
"With us two? I wouldn't call that a party." I retort.
"Well, we can ask Cat to come, and she'll probably bring Robbie and some other people if we ask her to." She replies.
"Where would we do it?" I ask, not sure if she was actually thinking about this.
"At mine, duh. My parents will be working pretty much the whole night anyway." She states as if it's the most obvious thing.
"We're really doing this?" I ask with a chuckle.
"We're doing this." She smiles, proudly.
"We're doing this." I repeat mimicking her smile.

"Stop number one, party store." Jade states as we pull up to some random party place but it'll do. I told Jade that I no longer had to get home so we headed straight away to get stuff for the party. Jade texed Cat who's going to bring a few people, and Robbie obviously. We grab a few supplies from the party store like solo cups, ping pong balls, napkins just in case and some other various things before heading to get the alcohol and mixers.

After heading to all of the stores we get back to Jade's and set the place up.
"This looks amazing!" I tell her as I walk into the kitchen. It's simple, but effective. There was no reason to go over the top since there was only going to be a few people attending but it was nice to have some sort of decoration up.
"Thank you" Jade almost smiles but holds it back. "Cat and the others are going to be here in about 20 minutes so it gives us time to get ready. Do you wanna borrow a dress?" She asks, leading me to the stairs.
"Yeah, that would be good." I reply, following her up the stairs.

A/n: So this is more of a filler chapter to lead to next chapter, a little tense but that fixes. I'm writing the next chapter now so it'll be out 3 days after this one<3