Chapter 11

'Oh god'

I wake up to Jade cuddling into me from behind. It's such a nice feeling, always so warm and comforting. I turn around in her arms so I'm leaning against her upper chest, just under her head.
"Morning." She rasps.
"Morning." I return, not moving from my new position.
"Comfy?" She asks.
"Very." I reply quickly, not opening my eyes. "Hey, when's that kickback thing? You never texted me about it." I ask.
"It's next Saturday." She states. It's Saturday today so I have a week.
"What are we supposed to do for it?" I ask.
"Dress up in something nice, dance to music, oh and there's this cheese fountain." She explains, getting excited.
"A cheese fountain excites you?" I ask with a chuckle.
"The kickback is fun. It only happens once a semester." She comments.
"Once a semester is quite a lot." I reply.
"Yeah, yeah. So you're serious about coming?" She asks.
"Well, I guess I have no choice, even you're getting excited about it." I smile before it turns into a frown, Jade having moved. "Where are you going? We don't have to be up early today." I huff.
"Just stay here, I'll be back in a bit." She replies. I watch her walk away in her PJs, some loose shorts and a tank top. On her way out she grabs a large hoodie, chucking it on. It falls to just above her knees, covering her body for the most part.

After taking time to spy around Jade's room, she reenters.
"The others are downstairs still, I made you some breakfast." She explains, sitting back down with a tray and two mugs of presumably coffee.
"You didn't have to." I reply with a smile, appreciating it as I was starving.
"Shut up and say thank you." She retorts.
"Thank you." I smile, hugging her and kissing her cheek before looking at what she had made. There were a few pieces of toast cut into triangles and some croissants.

"Busy, you two?" Robbie asks with a smirk before Jade quickly puts an end to it, flicking him in the head. We headed downstairs after eating the food Jade made, it was really good.
"We were eating." I explain. "Food." I add, seeing a few suggestive faces.
"Aw, man, we don't get any food?" Sam asks with a huff. "I'm starving." She states.
"I'll make pancakes!" Cat says, chirping up. She looked exhausted before but now she was running to the kitchen.
"I better make sure she doesn't blow up your kitchen." Robbie says, following her.
"Ask her out already." Sam calls to him.
"Where's Gibby and Freddie?" I ask, noticing the two missing boys.
"They went home this morning to set up for the iCarly episode later." Sam explains, leaning back on the couch.
"You guys should be in an episode one time!" Carly states.
"Really? That would be cool, right Jade?" I question turning to her.
"Nope." She replies, walking out the door to go wherever.
"She's lame." I huff, turning back to the two girls on the couch before taking a seat on the arm of the chair.
"Well, she's your girlfriend." Sam states.
"Well- Uh, yeah." I reply.
"Hold on, she's not really your girlfriend?" She asks.
"What? No, no, she is." I reply quickly.
"You almost said she wasn't." Carly comments, joining the conversation.
"Fine, we did it to mess with Cat but it was Jade's idea." I explain.
"But the way you look at each other seems so real!" She murmurs, seemingly disappointed that we aren't actually together.
"We're just friends." I reply, almost sadly.
"But you're like into her, right?" Sam asks, almost convinced.
"What? No." I chuckle as if it was an absurd joke. "I've only known her for like two weeks give or take." I add.
"But, you two have spent a lot of time together, right?" Carly asks.
"Well, yeah. But that's because she broke up with her boyfriend, who kissed my sister in front of her. She just needed someone to be there for her." I explain.
"Okay, well, when she was calling you her girlfriend, even if it was pretend, did you like how it was?" She asked.
"Well, I guess. But that doesn't mean I like her, it just means I like her being there to protect me, and hold me, and- oh god." I sigh. "I like her." I admit.
"Good, now that you're aware of that, go tell her." Sam says.
"She's just gotten out of a multi year long relationship, I'm not going to be her rebound. And what if she's not even into girls?" I ask.
"We'll work on finding that out." Carly states as if she has a mastermind idea.
"How?" I ask.
"Trust us. Convince her to come on the show next week and we'll find out." Sam smiles.
"Oh, my brother's here to pick us up." Carly tells Sam, checking her phone. "Give me your number and we'll talk some more." She orders gently, taking my phone when I hand it to her.
"See ya." Sam says, heading out the door.
"Good luck." Carly smiles, following Sam.

Jade finally emerges from the stairs, now dressed. Robbie and Cat left after eating their pancakes, Cat taking some for Sam.
"I have to head home soon, my parents are getting on my case about some chores." I explain. It's not entirely a lie but I need some time to figure out what I'm feeling towards her.
"Want me to help?" She suggests.
"You don't seem like the type of person who wants to spend her day cleaning, but I'll be okay, thank you." I smile to her, grabbing some of my clothes and heading towards the door. "Thanks for the party, and for letting me stay." I reply, opening the door. "I'll see you Monday?" I ask, though it wasn't really a question.
"Yeah, see you later." She says, seemingly upset that I turned her down. But I truly could not see her cleaning with me.

A/n: Ahhh, I love hate this chapter, though I do with pretty much all of my chapters. I like the friendship between Carly, Sam and Y/n though