Chapter 24

'Sinjin'

I wake up to harsh sunlight hitting my face. It takes a moment to take in my surroundings to realise I'm not longer at the beach, but in Jade's bed. I feel pressure over my waist and look down to see her arm laying across it. I grab a phone from the side, it's hers. The time reads 7:45.
"Morning." A raspy voice mumbles from beside me.
"Good morning." I reply with a smile, turning slightly so that I'm facing her. "How did I get here?" I question.
"I carried you to and from the car." She replies as she begins to sit up, stretching slightly.
"Why didn't you just wake me?" I ask, feeling bad.
"You were sleeping so peacefully." She states, sliding out of bed. "Do you want breakfast?" She questions, heading over to her drawers to get some clothes out.
"If you're having something." I reply, not wanting to be a burden.
"I'll be back up in 10." She says, handing me some clothes before kissing my cheek then leaving.

I get out of bed and change into the clothes Jade gave me. There's a large hoodie and a skirt along with some tights, since it's getting a bit colder. I look around for my phone and find it charging over by her desk.

I take it off charge and head back over to her bed, taking a seat. Turning it on, I notice there's a few messages.

Trina:
How's the date?
Has she killed you?
Jade messaged Tori and said you're staying the night, be safe!!

Tori:
Trina's worried, send us a message.
You and Jade better not be getting up to anything suspicious.

I laugh a little at the last message before replying to the both of them. Just as I've finished that, Jade returns with two plates in her hands.
"Thank you." I smile as she hands me one of the plates. She made toast and got me an orange juice, which is my favourite to have in the morning.

I ride with Jade to school like usual. She parks her bike, getting off before helping me off.
"What did you do with her last night?" Tori questions Jade, ignoring me.
"What?" Jade replies, taking off her helmet.
"Tori, she didn't do anything." I huff, handing Jade the other helmet.
"You didn't reply the whole night, you must've been up to something." She states.
"I fell asleep, Jade took me back to hers and that's it." I mutter, grabbing Jade's hand as we walk past her.

Tori's always been a little overprotective, not wanting me to get hurt. It's sweet but not when she's borderline grilling Jade.
"Sorry, she's overprotective." I mutter to her as we walk.
"Will she ever lay off?" Jade questions.
"I'm not sure, I've not been in many relationships before." I reply. "I never took them home, either." I add. "You know, we're not officially girlfriends." I state after a moment.
"Well, we've been on a date." She replies.
"Not the same thing." I reply.
"Well then, Y/n Vega, will you officially be my girlfriend?" She asks, turning to me as we reach my locker.
"Yes, Jade West, I will." I smile, leaning in for a quick, sweet kiss.

For the rest of the day I can't keep the smile off of my face, that is until after school at Sinjins. He told me everyone else would be here but it's just him.
"Where are the others?" I question.
"They were busy." He states. "I made you a drink." He adds, sliding a weird looking milkshake over to me.
"I'm not thirsty." I reply.
"Would you like to date me?" He questions quickly. I have to stop myself from saying 'gross'.
"Uh, no thanks." I stutter out.
"I could be a good boyfriend." He pushes.
"If the others aren't coming, I'm going to head out." I mutter.
"But we need to practise." He says, standing up as I do the same.
"We can't practise if it's only us." I state, walking towards the door.
"Stay." He demands gently, though he's being more pushy than he's previously been.
"Yeah, no thanks." I reply quickly, walking to the front door.

"Y/n?" A voice comes once I'm out of the apartment.
"Freddie?" I question, glancing up from my phone. "What are you doing here?" I ask after a moment.
"I live here." He replies, gesturing his head towards a door. "Carly lives just there." He adds, pointing to the door opposite. "What about you?" He returns the question.
"I was uh, doing some assignment with this guy, but there were supposed to be four of us, not just us two." I explain. "He's always given me weird vibes." I state with a huff, unsure of why I didn't check with the others if they were coming.
"If you ever need anything, you know where I am." He states, which definitely makes me feel more at ease coming here.
"Thank you." I reply with a grateful smile. "I better get going. I'll catch you round?" I add.
"Yeah, see you round." He replies before heading over to Carly's door as I head out.

A/n: Sorry for the lack of updates recently!! I'm trying to get back to my upload schedule, I hate missing uploads but I've been so demotivated. Sorry for the slightly shorter chapter<33